View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #103
felis44
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriboo View Post
Thats exactly it Jodi,

Its really the gst + Canada Post handling fee. Sometimes its easier to call it duties for lack of a better word

I am more careful when I order from the US, as I see a pattern of what may get stopped and what almost always does.....

First Class under 40$ seems to get by with little problem....

First Class above 50$ has a higher chance but if it's small stuff like stamps it seems to pass ok (like Unity stamps in my case)

Anything over 3 lbs and above from the US has to go Priority and if it has a company stamp I know it ALWAYS gets stopped (like when I order Ginak paper and order over 50$ to get the $5.95 shipping) I know to expect to pay 10$ more for GST+handling but I am well prepared for it ...still makes the cardstock well worth the order.
Hey Terriboo,

Thanks for the shipping breakdown - this is very helpful stuff to keep in mind when shipping from anywhere in the US! BTW don't forget the good ol' PST in the 'duty' charges...

I'm really disappointed about the SU increase. I only started ordering this year because I love the paper, love how the DSP coordinates, and found the $$ reasonable. I've always thought the stamps were too pricey. Now that it's going up, I may just continue with my Bazzill paper instead (although with several LSS closing that's going to be hard to get at a reasonable price too!).

Oh well, guess I have a pretty good stash of paper (insert husband rolling eyes here )

nina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!