View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
dougnat
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina K. Designs View Post
Hi! Thanks for asking this question. I think many would like to know what the different member companies here sell.

At Gina K. Designs, we sell our stamps as a sheet of deeply etched reddish pink rubber. They are already attached to cling cushion- we use the EZ mount brand.

When you get them, you peel off the back piece of paper that protects the stamps until they are purchased and you trim them using a high quality scissors like SU, Kai or Tim Holtz. (The last one being my favorite.)

This is the way they look after the stamp is trimmed and attached to an acrylic block.

In this case, I trimmed a stamp from our stamp set "Thinking of you." I trimmed it is a way that I can use it as a table and chair set or if I wanted to make an "I miss you" type card, I can use it this way and remove the one chair.

Here is an up close shot of the quality of our stamp's impression.

Once you are finished using the stamp, you clean it on your scrub pad or whatever cleaning method you prefer, peel if off and store it.

Because the cling cushion is already attached, it will feel very similar to stamping with a woodmounted stamp and it needs no additional padding or anything to give you a high quality impression. And because they are rubber, they work with any ink and require no special touch to get a crisp image, especially if you are used to working with Stampin' Up stamps. We use the same exact point of engraving in our mag plates so they will feel great if that's what you're used to.

Here is a video I did on trimmimg rubber stamps that might be helpful for many of the stamps that you purchase on cling cushion like ours.

Trimming Rubber Stamps Video on StampTV.com

A great way to store your unmounted stamps on cling cushion is to use CD cases or a storage system like our Binder boxes:

I hope this information has been helpful.
Hugs,
Gina K.

so Gina, you really peel the paper off before trimming??? Dang, no wonder I have such a hard time
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!