View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
sgtStamper
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree...it's all personal choice. I personally have tried to move away from wood block stamps - I just don't have the room to store them anymore.

Having said that, I use all types. I typically buy because I love the image, and use it however it comes (mounted or unmounted). I find lately that I prefer the "bare rubber" because I can cut the images so much easier and closer, and I can store them easily without having to have something for them to cling to. For the bare rubber, I just use an acrylic block and some Tack-n-Peel which I love!!

Also, some stores will offer a choice, with the bare rubber being cheaper...which I always love cause I can buy more images then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Valerie11 View Post
You'll also find varied responses on preference. Some love clear, some not. Some love rubber and cling, some not. Other prefer just the rubber without cling.

It's all personal choice and the way they feel to you when you stamp. I'm not sure anyone can sway you one way or the other because it really is a personal preference. So at this point, I would try some of each, using the images you gravitate towards and just experiment.

Wood mount is where I started and is my first love, but I do I know after trying several of the other types I have a definite preference for the unmounted variety (not going to say which because it's a personal preference and that only means it's what I like). I have to say this, no matter which one you try, the storage of unmounted stamps is a plus, they take up such a small space in comparison to wood mount.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!