View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
mtgchic
Gallery Gazer

Cling, clear, and acrylic stamps are all the same thing--stamped that are clear and "cling" to an acrylic block-you don't need anything fancy to make them stick.

I have only used MFT and Unity stamps. MFT are high-quality cling stamps. The one set of unity stamps I have are cushion-back rubber stamps. They are rubber like you're used to, but instead of being attached to a wooden block, the cushion itself sticks to an acrylic block. Unity also has another mounting system, but I haven't used it yet, so maybe someone else can give you some more information.

As for acrylic blocks, you'll want a few in different sizes to be able to match up the stamp to a similar sized block. I bought mine at local craft stores with a 50% off coupon-I have a 5x3.5, 3x3 with gridlines, 2.5 x 3.5 (this is a really nice size), and a couple 1.5 inch squares and a 1x2.5 that I got in the dollar bin at M's-they are really handy.

Also, you can't use regular SU dye ink (or SU Markers) with cling stamps because it just doesn't "stick" to the stamps. Starting out, I would use some chalk ink, but Memento dye ink also works well.

HTH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!