View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
stampwithjoanne
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindygrammy2 View Post
Ugh!!! This doesn't sound like what I thought it was at all. I'm going to have to re-thnk this. We would be driving from Kansas so that is a long way to just wait in line and look at vendors. Is there stuff to buy??? Is it like a CHA convention? So there is no scrapbooking crop at all?? I wondered how they would set all that up in a mall. Is there a hotel hooked to this mall??? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to make sure this is something worth going to since we have a long drive.
================

I live in Minneapolis and have been to this a few times.

No, they DO have an "all night crop" (on the Friday night to Sat. am, I believe).

They will also have classes you can take. You'll sign up ahead of time online. Prices are usually roughly $25 for an hour class (and you'll typically get a ton of product at the class, too).

Correct info. on the vendors and make and takes. Each vendor sets up their own make and take, and you likely won't make many of them. Too many people and too long of lines to make that worthwhile.

ALL of the vendors are companies who sell things at Archiver's, so of course you can buy things at Archiver's in the MOA (which is what they'd LOVE you to do!!)

I have mixed feelings on the whole event. A bit too chaotic for me. Too many people. You'll pay (I think last year was $13 or $15 for a 'badge'). Wearing the badge will get you a few supplies and product, and will allow you to do the make and takes (which you likely won't be able to get too). So------you pay just to show up, as well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!