Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kids workshop ideas making presents for parents???

Thinking about having a workshop just for kids to make christmas presents for their parents/grandparents, etc. Any ideas on items that would be inexpensive and easy. Any helpful pointers on working with kids. No adult help just me. Any ideas

--GO SMOKE!--

"I've learned that when you have pains, you don't have to be one!"
-Maya Angelou
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Kid's Stamping Gift Ideas

How about a stamped frame...use the Fun Frames and mount them onto CS so that they stand. Take a snapshot of each child and insert.

OR

Make a scrapbook card and put their pictures on/in them.

OR

Have them stamp an ornament. SU no longer sells the porcelain ornaments, but you can buy them very inexpensively at www.artistclub.com...12 for 7.99, I think. However, this may not be a project for the very young.

Now that I'm on a bit of a roll....maybe you can somehow incorporate their picture into an ornament. Don't forget the year!

Hope this helps a little.

BarbaraD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default ideas for kid's workshop

How about making bookmarks for the adults?

When having a children's workshop, I learned that kids will put stamps into other ink colors without cleaning the stamp, if they can. You could have stations with lines, sticky tape the inks to the table covering and tie strings onto the stamps, thumbtacked in if necessary, and tape them down. Make the stamp reach only the ink pad it was intended to stamp with. Otherwise, expect a few ink pads to get muddied. I was lucky, only one pad was ruined. Also, a stamp did go home in the pocket of a child. The mom returned it, though! This was an ages 3-8 stamp camp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #4  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

The parents of my day care kids loved it when we made them the photo frames out of the fun frames!! I did a triple frame but to cut down the cost just do a 2 frame "card" and then it will stand. My kids had so much fun stampin the frames. I have picture of 1 maybe 2 of the frames in my gallery.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I don't know what your budget is, but memo cubes are a cute idea. Your local print shop can make them inexpensively. If you have solid stamp set like snowflakes or lace snowflakes it would be very pretty. Depending on your space available you could put one stamp and one stamp pad at each station. Then ring a bell and they move to the next station.

Another thought is if you do something with only the versamark pad they can't mess it or themselves up!

How brave you are to try this. I know the kids and the parents will enjoy this and appreciate it greatly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been working on gifts that parents and children can do together, testing them on my 4-year-old. The frames are one idea. You know those plexi-frames? Cheap at Big Lots or Walmart. You can make post-it note holders and matching pens. The kids can stamp card stock like crazy and then put it in the frame, stick on the post it pad, and take a smaller piece for the pen. Tiles used for trivets, coasters, and magnets work as well. They are a little bit trickier with more than a couple of kids. It would mean taking turns. Depending on how old they are, they can also punch shapes and stamp shapes, then glue them around a corkboard. My son loves to use the stampin around rollers to make gift boxes with candy in them! I cut the size and score as needed, then he rolls them, helps punch a circle/hole, writes out the name of the person on the tag (from the hole), and holds the ribbon while I tie. Kids can also stamp on soap. They can stamp in staz on onto glass containers and fill the containers with candy or homemade bath salts or something. Hmmm... I have a whole list somewhere. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

As far as cleaning the stamps, I have been stamping with my kids since they were 3 and 5. My DD at five was great about cleaning them off and she helped me "police" my son. They are now 5 and 7 1/2. I hardly ever have to get after them about cleaning them off. Try pairing an older child w/ a younger one. Also, I have the kids stamp pads. If the colors do get mixed, they are easier to blot the forign color off with a paper towel then our ink pads are. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Default Kid's Presents

One of the things that I have done with kids and their parents is the "Design a Mug". You can buy them for less than a $1 a Walmart. They filled the mugs with some shredded paper and minature hershey nuget candies. You take the address labels that you buy that are for the printer (sticky on one side). Using one of your wheels you wheel over the labels and adhere to the candies. Notebooks and pens to match are another great gift. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 04:39 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, you ladies are simply fantastic!!! So many GREAT ideas, I don't know which to choose!!!
I think the age ranges will be from about 4 to 10. I love the idea about taping string from pad to stamp. And that way, I don't have to bring out the stamp cleaners.
Lets not stop now, any others out there with fun ideas?

YOU GUYS ROCK :!:

--GO SMOKE!--

"I've learned that when you have pains, you don't have to be one!"
-Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote Likes