Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default {HHN09} His Holy Name Challenge 2009!

I know a lot of you do not know me; however, I have hosted a weekly Scripture challenge on my blog this entire year. You can see details here and here. It has been a weekly challenge, and quite a blessing.

For 2009, I will be doing something similar to my Scripture challenge but we will be focusing on the Names of God. Every other week, I will post a name of our precious Lord along with a small devotion. You then will find a key scripture or a promise associated with that name and create a scrapbook page, card, ATC, Rolodex card or whatever you feel like creating. I know this year I created ATC cards, and I am using the 7Gypsies revolving holder for my 52 cards. It has turned out beautiful thus far. Here is a pic:

{HHN09} His Holy Name Challenge 2009!-img_7780a.jpg

In 2009, I will be doing 6x6 scrapbook pages because I want to keep the album on my coffee table. Now, I know a lot of you have never done a scrapbook page or would prefer doing cards. I would encourage you to try it since I know most of you have done a 5x5 card before. That extra inch isn’t too hard. And these pages do not have to have pictures, just scripture and embellishments. You might find you like having a coffee table book too. I will provide my sample each time, and we may have a special guest helping me with samples too. That will be announced later.

Through this challenge, we will understand Him more fully, build our faith, and come away with beautiful scrapbook pages, ATCs, cards, etc. I hope you will join me in this challenge. I would love to have you.

Please feel free to ask questions here in this thread, and I will update as I post more details! You may want to start thinking about what you want to use so that you can get an album or ATC holder ordered, dig up that old Rolodex, etc., and be ready for the beginning of the year.

Lori Craig will make an announcement about her Divine Design challenge soon for 2009. Thank you everyone for the chance to grow in our love for the Lord together. I am excited, and I hope you are too! Blessings,

Here are the keywords for both challenges. You will use the applicable keyword in the gallery so that it will be easy for us to find your creations! These keywords will be used all year long.

His Holy Name Challenge: HHN09
Scripture Challenge: SCRC209

Also, here is the consolidated study link to ALL challenges. This will make it easier for you to find each challenge I hope:
His Holy Name Challenge Study Links found HERE!

**Updated 12/16/08 with start date & album suggestions in Post #45 on Page 2.**
**Updated 12/22/08 with your questions answered in Post #68 on Page 2.**
**Updated 12/30/08 with His Holy Name Introduction and challenge keywords listed in Post #110 on Page 3.**
**Updated 1/1/09 with His Holy Name blinkie information in Post #134 on Page 4.**
**Updated 1/2/09 with Scripture Challenge blinkie, HHN Study Link, and Keyword Change in Post #141 on Page 4

Challenge 1 {Holy} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 2 {Sovereign} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 3 {Protector} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 4 {Righteous} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 5 {Creator} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 6 {Almighty} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 7 {King} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 8 {Lamb} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 9 {Redeemer} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 10 {Lord} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 11 {Shepherd} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 12 {God Who Sees} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 13 {Jealous} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 14 {Eternal} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 15 {Immutable} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 16 {Judge} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 17 {Faithful} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 18 {Rock} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 19 {The Word} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 20 {Bread of Life} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 21 {Sanctifies} Posted in this thread here.
Challenge 22 { }
Challenges 23 & 24 {Banner & Provider} Posted in this thread here.

Last edited by identicaltriplets; 12-04-2009 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: To add the latest Challenge! :)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Patter - this is going to be an awesome challenge! I'm grateful to you for being willing to share your challenge here. I've been inspired and blessed by your 2008 challenge this year. I'm gonna give it my best shot to participate with you.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I would love to participate! I will need to subscribe to this thread as I don't make it here often! Is there any way you could email me the challenge at work? If so let me know and I will send it to you!

Love in Christ,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_mommaView Post
Patter - this is going to be an awesome challenge! I'm grateful to you for being willing to share your challenge here. I've been inspired and blessed by your 2008 challenge this year. I'm gonna give it my best shot to participate with you.
Agh, thanks Lori! You are too sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelopersView Post
I would love to participate! I will need to subscribe to this thread as I don't make it here often! Is there any way you could email me the challenge at work? If so let me know and I will send it to you!

Love in Christ,
Theresa I just PM'd you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Patter,
I am so excited about this new challenge for 2009 and I am really glad to see that you are hosting it. I've loved your scripture challenge blog although I wasn't able to devote the time to it like I would have liked to. However, 2009 is a year I am making this challenge along with the Devine Design a priority.
Congratulations on your new venture!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

Hi Patter, I have been following, but not participating in, you Word challenge/devotions recently and have been blessed (and shared them with friends). This might just be the thing to get me going on a scrapbook page, something that is ourside my 'comfort zone' :-)

Heaps of blessings
Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 01:15 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Patter, I have been following, but not participating in, you Word challenge/devotions recently and have been blessed (and shared them with friends). This might just be the thing to get me going on a scrapbook page, something that is ourside my 'comfort zone'.

Heaps of blessings
Maxine
Maxine, thank you following my current challenge. Even for those ladies that have just been journaling this year, it has been amazing! God certainly doesn't require ATCs or scrapbook pages just that we spend time in His Word. And I would love for you to try a scrapbook page. You may find you like it. But if you don't then please do whatever is comfortable. This is meant to help us grow in the Lord and to have fun not be painful. LOL!

And Jennipher, I am SO excited to see that you will make this and Devine Design a priority. You will be so blessed by your studies! And I am so glad to have you along the journey!

Have a blessed day everyone! Please let me know if you have questions or thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I have to say the scripture challenge interests me. Just found your blog last week. So amazing that there are so many Godly women out there who are also very talented at what they do. I'm very thankful that God led me to you and others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetygirlView Post
I have to say the scripture challenge interests me. Just found your blog last week. So amazing that there are so many Godly women out there who are also very talented at what they do. I'm very thankful that God led me to you and others.
So glad you found the challenges! I am looking forward to having you join us! Blessings,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Devine Design - where do I find this??

blessings
Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Devine Design - where do I find this??

blessings
Maxine
You can find that thread here. The 2009 thread has not been started yet. I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

I have participated in both of these challenges sporadically this year and enjoyed it very much. Patter and Lori, you have both blessed my life! Thank you for your obedience to our Lord and all of the time you put into the challenges. Blessings to you both!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
You can find that thread here. The 2009 thread has not been started yet. I hope that helps.
thank you :-)

Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by acableView Post
I have participated in both of these challenges sporadically this year and enjoyed it very much. Patter and Lori, you have both blessed my life! Thank you for your obedience to our Lord and all of the time you put into the challenges. Blessings to you both!
Thank you for your kind words Amanda! I am so glad you have already been able to participate in both challenges a bit already this year! May the Lord bless you for your studies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks goes out to all my Sister in Christ... I thank GOD for you guys everyday.... [I]'m so excited to start the new 2009 : His Name" Challenge ... I'm all caught up on my Scripture challenge for 2008... I do have two friends that would also with my help do the scripture challenge 2009 and His Holy Name.... are the weeks for 2008 scripture challenge going to be the same in 2009... or are you going to post a different "word challenge" every week....************ Patter I also want to say thank you again.. Your truly a Blessing hope your Thanksgiving was a blast.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:51 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by chckndumpling316View Post
Thanks goes out to all my Sister in Christ... I thank GOD for you guys everyday.... [I]'m so excited to start the new 2009 : His Name" Challenge ... I'm all caught up on my Scripture challenge for 2008... I do have two friends that would also with my help do the scripture challenge 2009 and His Holy Name.... are the weeks for 2008 scripture challenge going to be the same in 2009... or are you going to post a different "word challenge" every week....************ Patter I also want to say thank you again.. Your truly a Blessing hope your Thanksgiving was a blast.....
Oh my goodness, I am SO glad to hear you are caught up on the 2008 Scripture Challenge. That is SO awesome!!!! Yeah! I am so glad you are enjoying it and that you have friends wanting to join you now! God is so good! You really should post some of your cards/pages in the gallery here!

As far as the Scripture Challenge for 2009, I am just going to be linking back to all 52 studies from this year. I won't have time to write new studies for 2009 since I will be doing His Holy Name challenge. I "may" actually do new pages though for the 2008 challenge and post every now and then. I did ATC cards this year, and after creating them, I would love them in a coffee table book too. I love my ATC revolving holder; however, having a book to pass down to the generations is what I am thinking about now. I hope that explains how 2009 will work. If not, please let me know.

And thank you for your kind words. You are very sweet. I pray your Thanksgiving was amazing too. Blessings to you and your family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Default Great Idea!

Love this idea! I've been wanting to get into scrapping more and what a better way than this. Already have an empty 6x6 scrapbook, wondering what to do with it. Awesome! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Tea LadyView Post
Love this idea! I've been wanting to get into scrapping more and what a better way than this. Already have an empty 6x6 scrapbook, wondering what to do with it. Awesome! Thanks!
Oooh perfect!!!! So glad you are going to give a scrapbook page a try (though it certainly isn't a requirement). Glad to have you joining us too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I also am going to do this challenge and Lori's! Ia mso excited to make an effort to keeping God forefront in my life instead of being put aside until my "to do" list is done.

Thanks for sharing this! Now I cannot wait to hear about Lori's for 2009!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Patter, I may just try your challenge!
I think that this would be the perfect gift to make for my mom!!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Jimmi I was thinking that it would be the perfect gift for my mom too. Patter, I am looking forward to your challenge, and I am looking forward to making new friends who share the Love of God and Christ and the Holy Spirit and also have the love of creating things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah Alicia, MariLynn, and Jimmi!!!! I can't wait to have you all along on this journey with us!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Hello Patter - I just found your challenge here - this sounds like just what I need for my spiritual developement this year - I have participated in Lori's Devine Design this past year (although I haven't done the last 3 months yet!!)

I will be very interested in seeing how your challenge works - what information and inspiration you give us every two weeks - and I like the idea of a 6x6 scrap page - I do mostly cards now but started out scraping so this will be sort of inbetween with this size.

Now I'm excited to have this start!!

thanks for all your efforts in organizing this for us - I'm going to check out your blog now for what you did this past year.

blessings!
Julia

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:10 AM   #25  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

GREAT challenge Patter and I LOVE this concept. I started the Divine Design and I need to make more of an effort to stay with it. I will be subscribing so I can check back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

So will I be able to find the challenge here when it stars up in 2009? (silly question, probably?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #27  
Duchess of CBCs

This is a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing with us. I am definitely going to try to keep up with this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #28  
Mad Swapper

What a great idea! I am subscribing so that I can participate in this as well. I have been seeking a bible study and your devotion/challenge in a virtual format I think will work great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavensentView Post
So will I be able to find the challenge here when it stars up in 2009? (silly question, probably?)
Oh, I am SO excited to see so many of you posting and so excited about this! I know the Lord is excited too!

As far as where to find the challenges, I haven't decided how I will post on SCS yet. I will either start a new thread every other week here in this forum, or I will just keep this one thread going all year. I will also be posting on my blog each Sunday evening so subscribers to my blog will automatically get the updates each time.

Also, for those wanting to do my Scripture Challenge that I am hosting this year, I will be re-running it for 2009. I will have links for that each week too!

Let me know if you have more questions, and glad to see some of you will try a 6x6 album. Blessings to each of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I am so excited abou this challenge. I absolutely love studying the names and attributes of God. I have been impressed on several occasions to make a "book" of some kind or another for the purpose of reminding me of how great God is and how he is able to meet my every need. I am definately on board with this one!.

Will this be the thread or will it be on your blog? Thanks for doing this, it is an answered prayer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Hello everyone, I have never posted here, just lurked a few times. Started scrapbooking first but got into stamping a few years ago and thought I would participate in this challenge.

I like the idea of a coffee table flip book, I have two sizes from K and Company, one is 5x7 and one is 5 1/2 x 8. I really thought about the larger one because I would like to include the Hebrew or Aramic name along with the English name. And because some of the Names of God in English contain three or four words.

Looking forward to seeing everyones work.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Oh, I am SO excited to see so many of you posting and so excited about this! I know the Lord is excited too!

As far as where to find the challenges, I haven't decided how I will post on SCS yet. I will either start a new thread every other week here in this forum, or I will just keep this one thread going all year. I will also be posting on my blog each Sunday evening so subscribers to my blog will automatically get the updates each time.

Also, for those wanting to do my Scripture Challenge that I am hosting this year, I will be re-running it for 2009. I will have links for that each week too!

Let me know if you have more questions, and glad to see some of you will try a 6x6 album. Blessings to each of you!
Jennie, in answer to your question this was the post I probably posted at the same time you posted so you probably missed it. Let me know if you still have questions about where the challenge will be posted.

And Kim, glad to have you here too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

BRB.:mrgreen:

My Blog

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:45 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

What a great idea! For the past month we have been studying the names of God in church and earlier this year I wrote devotions for our elementary kids that focused on the topic of God's names and His attributes (I am the Director for our church's Wed. night children's ministry). This is my #1 favorite thing to study. Man, I am so "stoked" at the thought of a year long study on the names and attributes of God!

I do have a question . . . I noticed you said you would post every other week. Will you pick a certain day of the week? (For example the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.) Unfortunately I am not able to be on Splitcoast often so I want to be sure I don't miss these posts. I have signed up for this thread and look forward to doing this in addition to the Divine Design challenge. Thank you for hosting this, Patter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colleen KidderView Post
I do have a question . . . I noticed you said you would post every other week. Will you pick a certain day of the week? (For example the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.) Unfortunately I am not able to be on Splitcoast often so I want to be sure I don't miss these posts. I have signed up for this thread and look forward to doing this in addition to the Divine Design challenge. Thank you for hosting this, Patter
Colleen, so glad to have you join us!!!! I will be posting the challenges on Sunday afternoons/evenings beginning January 4th. They will either be posted in this thread or in new threads each time. Not sure yet. I will be working with SCS on that. Subscribers to my blog will have them automatically e-mailed to you as I post it; however, you then also get my other updates during the week which you may not be interested in.

Let me know if you have more questions. And Julia, please let me know if you got all of your questions answered also. I am excited to begin with all of you! Blessings,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #36  
Glitter Queen

Smile New to Challenge

Hi, I would love to participate in this challenge. I think I'll be purchasing the ATC holder. Can't wait, Julie Jacobs, Boston, MA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Patter! So wonderful to get acquainted with you, your blog and your challenge for 2009. I'm a BSF sister in CA..(on the Admin. team in my class). I finished the Divine Design last year and am looking forward to this year's challenges. Blessings in Christ, Susan ([email protected])
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #38  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jejotrView Post
Hi, I would love to participate in this challenge. I think I'll be purchasing the ATC holder. Can't wait, Julie Jacobs, Boston, MA
So glad to have you join us!! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapgrannyView Post
Hi Patter! So wonderful to get acquainted with you, your blog and your challenge for 2009. I'm a BSF sister in CA..(on the Admin. team in my class). I finished the Divine Design last year and am looking forward to this year's challenges. Blessings in Christ, Susan ([email protected])
Oh how amazing to meet another BSF sister here at SCS! Yeah!!! I was on the admin team a few years ago, I have been a CL, and now I am a DL again where I originally started. It's fun to see the entire scope of how the class runs from each area.

How many years have you been in? I joined in 1997. I did take two years off at one point but couldn't stay away! Ha! It is such a blessing in my life and how I came to know Christ. My girls were in the program when they were 3 & 4, and now they are in again at age 14. That is so fun for me! Well, I can't wait to talk to you more. Blessings, and glad you have joined us too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

How many years have you been in? I joined in 1997. I did take two years off at one point but couldn't stay away! Ha! It is such a blessing in my life and how I came to know Christ. My girls were in the program when they were 3 & 4, and now they are in again at age 14. That is so fun for me! Well, I can't wait to talk to you more. Blessings, and glad you have joined us too!

This is my 5th year, but I was in BSF many years ago (I'm a whole lot older than you!) when it was a total of 5 yrs. Anyway, as you said, this is really a blessing to connect! Susan
Reply With Quote Likes