Thread: Teacher Gifts
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 AM   #64
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogymnast82 View Post
My son started middle school this year. I had already planned on sending in Christmas gifts for all his teachers. The hardest part wasn't doing the gifts as it was getting my son to actually take them in! I told him to tell his friends who were giving him a hard time about him "trying to get on the teacher's good side" that I did this all the time and I was making him do it (which was really the truth). I keep my eyes out especially for school colors items such as the blank notebook/pads with matching cards Michael's tends to carry. Luckily, my kids' elementary, middle and high school all have the same colors, so what I get for one I can use for any. Even if the notebook or cards have a monogram already printed on them, I just cover that up with some punched out design or my own and glue it on. Last year I did simple "from the desk of" with the teacher's name using my JustRite stamps notecards with matching notebooks and a personalized RSVP pen for all the teachers. I had gotten the notecards and notebooks on clearance for half price, so for roughly less than $2 per teacher, they got a personalized matching set of stuff. Every teacher I heard from loved them and have used them.

I have a stash of supplies in my basement that I add to when I see clearance stuff. Just a little altering and you have a great gift. Even if my son doesn't want to take them in, I'll take them in myself. If the teachers can put up with all those kids, they deserve a little extra treat now and then. I know I wouldn't want their jobs.

I think that is the key with middle school kids and beyond to just take it in yourself and leave it in the office and maybe try to do something small for the office staff.... but I never get organized enough to get the teacher stuff done, so the office staff lose out too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!