Thread: Teacher Gifts
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:23 AM   #63
geogymnast82
Gabfest Goddess

My son started middle school this year. I had already planned on sending in Christmas gifts for all his teachers. The hardest part wasn't doing the gifts as it was getting my son to actually take them in! I told him to tell his friends who were giving him a hard time about him "trying to get on the teacher's good side" that I did this all the time and I was making him do it (which was really the truth). I keep my eyes out especially for school colors items such as the blank notebook/pads with matching cards Michael's tends to carry. Luckily, my kids' elementary, middle and high school all have the same colors, so what I get for one I can use for any. Even if the notebook or cards have a monogram already printed on them, I just cover that up with some punched out design or my own and glue it on. Last year I did simple "from the desk of" with the teacher's name using my JustRite stamps notecards with matching notebooks and a personalized RSVP pen for all the teachers. I had gotten the notecards and notebooks on clearance for half price, so for roughly less than $2 per teacher, they got a personalized matching set of stuff. Every teacher I heard from loved them and have used them.

I have a stash of supplies in my basement that I add to when I see clearance stuff. Just a little altering and you have a great gift. Even if my son doesn't want to take them in, I'll take them in myself. If the teachers can put up with all those kids, they deserve a little extra treat now and then. I know I wouldn't want their jobs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!