Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IKEA Stamp Room

I am a new Stampin Up Demo. I have been putting together my new craft room and in a couple weeks will be heading to IKEA. I am putting a binder together of the ideas I'm looking for. I want my craft room to be an oasis for me just to get away from it all. I am looking for IKEA products that other crafters can't live without. Pictures would be great but not required. Once I am finished I will post the end result on here. Thank you for your help, Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I have a small corner in my house in Croatia for crafts and I am using every square inch of it, thanks to Ikea. Here's my blog post about it. I love the drawers because they're perfect for punches, embellies, scraps, stamps and inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

An Ikea stamp room sounds AWESOME! I use 4 of the Grundtal towel rails (medium sized) to store my paper punches next to my stamping table.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90011396
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

As an IKEA fan (and someone who dreams of being able to go there and get whatever she truly wants, in order to bring order to this small home of mine!)I would give this one piece of advice to you, especially as a new demonstrator; Take full advantage of IKEA's modular abilities. Get a catalog, look through it exhaustively....try to see things used in a way you might not have otherwise...remember your collection will grow my leaps and bounds, so take your time, if possible. And eventhough IKEA ROCKS!!! give yourself permission to look elsewhere for the right storage to work in tandem with IKEA. Sometimes you do need to depart from them, no matter how hard that hurts - LOL!
Have a GREAT time planning and scheming! Smiles:mrgreen:, Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

If you check out my gallery, I have pictures of my room. Much of my space is from IKEA -- Expedit bookcase & the magnetic strips. The Expedit was key -- LOVE it!

Have fun planning your room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

This is a table I just bought at Ikea. I love it for its storage and also its height. Perfect for standing at and doing embossing or cuttlebugging.

Last edited by DLS881; 06-03-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just moved into a new house in Feb and dedicated one bedroom as my craftroom. My furniture/storage pieces all came from IKEA (except for just a couple pieces that I already had). I will try to link the items that I have.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80116596 - the top of this piece houses my cutter, big shot and scor-pal. Lots of storage inside.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30104322 - I'm going to get one more of these. I LOVE it and the drawers are large.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675 - I bought bins from Target to fit in some of the cubbies. I use those to store stamps that I don't use alot (seasonal, baby, etc). I also use some cubbies for my jars of ribbons, buttons, etc. Great storage.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00116996 - this is my desk. I looked and looked at desks, then I spotted this. It is a great height for sitting or standing, plus the front gives me more storage.

I hope these links work, but if not, the numbers on the end are the item number (at least I think so).

Remember that IKEA's "white" furnish is not a stark white, but a creamy white. This worked perfectly for me, as my woodwork is creamy white. Good luck with putting together your perfect stamping room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I have 2 of these storage units, with one of the top sections holding a hanging file system. I was excited to find that I can fit one row of 12 x 12 hanging files and one of regular, so I can store both sizes of paper easily. The goal is to put the scraps of paper directly into the hanging files after cutting. (Guess how well that is working! I am unable to show you a picture, because I am such a messy stamper!) With the legs that are shown, it is the perfect height for me to cut paper while standing, and the other end is my embossing station.
I have adjustable wall shelves above these, which store my various 8 1/2 x 11 paper, ink pads, etc. My only comment there is to be careful not to overload them. I had a collection of older SU catalogs on an upper middle shelf, and last year when I was finally getting ready to make my Christmas cards the whole thing came off the wall! Nothing got broken, but it delayed my holiday cards for anther few days due to the extra clean up!
I love the bygel rails for storing punches, too- need to get another one of those!
Enjoy your shopping and good luck with your endeavors!
Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I use Billy bookcases and CD racks to hold all my SU stamp sets and acrylic sets in CD cases. I have the clear mag holders in 12x12 and 8-1/2x11 paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I couldn't craft without my Alex storage unit from IKEA. Perfect for storing stamps in...mine houses all my words. One drawer for bday, one for thank you, one for thinking of you, etc. The top drawer holds my CM cutting system and Cuttlebug plates.
Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Have fun! We have several rooms dedicated to IKEA here and couldn't be happier. I love my IVAR shelving, knowing I can re-arrange it at will (more or less) and that it will easily move with us.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #12  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Most of my "craft area" is using IKEA products....check out my gallery, and you can see pics of my stampin' space. Namely, my Armoire, and the punch rails and hanging baskets....go see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spend a little time in this amazing gallery Since you are new here, you may not have found the stamping spaces gallery. Lots of IKEA (and other ideas!) here!

enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Have fun designing your space!! I have two Ikea pieces that I love.

I use the simple wooden DVD holders that mount on the wall to store my Stampin' Up ink pads (I love that they are on the wall and NOT on a shelf).

I also have something that is for silverware, it's a wrought iron pole that mounts horizontally on the wall with galvanized buckets that you hang from them. I put pens/pencils, decorative scissors, paint brushes, etc, in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

hi! I have a totally IKEA room. I've tried to attach 3 pictures to show you. In the closet, I have (I don't have an IKEA catalog here, sorry) the wire mess draw units. They work beautifully to hold most of my supplies. The wire baskets come in different heights, so my ribbons are in the short baskets, etc.

I have the IKEA square bookcase on my wall, with IKEA's wood magazine holders and wicker baskets filling the cubbies. I keep extra papers, catalogs, scrapbooks, etc in the magazine holders. The wicker baskets are filled with pictures waiting to be scrapped (yes....I have YEARS of work waiting to be done!).

The desk is also IKEA...and I LOVE it! I've put pieces together making it L shaped. I love having the extra depth...sometimes my daughter pulls a chair up on the other side and there is enough room for both of us to play. When I'm alone, I cover the whole desk :( I'm so messy.

Behind the desk is another "cube" style bookshelf, with only 8 cubbies, rather than 16. It stores the papers, tools, etc that I reach for every day. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but one of the cubbies has a wooden box with 3 draws that matches the wooden magazine holders. I keep my embossing powders, glitters, and pearlex in those drawers.

I have some of the SU ribbon on the Making Memories shelf (which I spray painted black). Rest of it is in the closet drawers, along with punches,...all kinds of goodies.

Instead of a T table leg on one end of my table, I have a two draw file cabinet that holds all my 8.5x11 paper.

I love my stamping space. It's a 15x16 foot room. I've put an Ashley couch, chair, and small table to hold the TV. I enjoy it when my kids come hang out with me....they watch the movie...I scrap...but I love their company!

enjoy!

kathy
Attached Thumbnails
IKEA Stamp Room-cimg5719.jpg   IKEA Stamp Room-cimg5731.jpg   IKEA Stamp Room-cimg5722.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Now here's a topic I can really dig my teeth in to. Don't get me started on IKEA storage stuff. I get too excited!

Here is a blog post where I posted about a couple of my favs
http://kathy-prettyinink.blogspot.co...a-storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen9853View Post
Have fun designing your space!! I have two Ikea pieces that I love.

I use the simple wooden DVD holders that mount on the wall to store my Stampin' Up ink pads (I love that they are on the wall and NOT on a shelf).
The DVD holders are no longer available. I only manage to get one before they were discontinued. And I tried 4 stores to find more with no luck.
Reply With Quote Likes