Thread: Teacher Gifts
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #49
kat2800
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luraeshreves View Post
I work in a middle school -- as a computer tech, not a teacher -- and I can tell you the teachers and staff here are THRILLED to get any little thing. As you can imagine, teaching kiddos in the throes of teen-age angst can be emotionally draining, so any act of support is hugely appreciated. It's sad that so many of us parents are "moving on" from the things that we did for our children's elementary school teachers. What some parents do is just bring a plate of goodies, small school supplies, or a crock-pot of soup to the teachers' lounge. A paper crafter could easily put her spin on these ideas. Although it may not feel as personal to the gift giver, it is VERY personally appreciated by all the recipients.
I am a 7th grade math teacher and every year I get a few things from the kids. Most of the gifts come at Christmas time but this year we had that awful ice storm, missed 20+ days of school, etc so we never got anything. No biggie, but the kids keep telling me how excited they are to make/give me something in June. I think it is so sweet that they think highly enough of me to do that. There are 5 teachers on our team and most kids give us each something. I would love note cards though