Thread: Teacher Gifts
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #44
CraftySpice
Glitter Queen

Default Altered Clipboards for Teacher Gifts

I made altered clipboards for our children's teachers this year and sent them to school this morning. You can find a tutorial on how to make this under resources here at SCS. I painted mine with acryllic paint in a light green. I've found this to be the longest step because it takes several coats to get good coverage. Next, I stamped a floral garland diagonally across the front using stamps from some SU fav's--Heartfelt Thanks and Paint Prints. I stamped with acryllic paint (a rose/Purely Pomegranite color for the flowers, yellow for the flower centers and olive green for the leaves) using a foam brush to "ink" the stamp. (Tip--keep a wet papertowel on a dish beside you and place the stamp rubber-side down on it in between stamping images to keep the paint from drying on your stamp.) Once the paint dried, I stamped the "outline" image over the flowers with SU's Basic Brown. I cut out the teacher's name in Purely Pomegranite cardstock using my cuttlebug and then used ModgePodge (matt version) to adhere it to the clipboard and to seal the entire front. Finally, I tied an olive green bow around the metal clip to finish it off. I tucked a gift card (to Sonic or Barnes and Noble) into an envelop and clipped it to the clipboard, writing a short note of thanks for a great year on the outside of the envelop. I would have made a coordinating giftcard holder if I'd had more time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!