View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #35
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I understand the need to put rules in place, but do feel that this is punishment really to those of us who host responsibly. It is also disappointing to know we didn't have any input to the kinds of decisions made, or forewarning really other than a few days.
I agree that it takes the fun out of things in many ways. Many of us have 'earned' our reputation for hosting and have worked hard to do that, and that is why we host a lot and have a lot of participants because people can count on us to host responsibly and they know they'll enjoy it. I seek out swaps with those hostesses I know are like that as well just to participate in theirs.
I like the suggestion above that there be levels of hostessing perhaps, based upon your experience and reputation. Allowing those who are responsible to host more.
It obviously will limit the number of swaps I host (and available to others) -- that would eliminate more than two dozen from me alone if you go by current numbers. It will also prevent me from hosting ongoing ones, and basically force me to host only short term ones with limited crafting time so as to not have them open for long periods of time or consume my limit of only 5.
Very discouraging and disappointing to me as a hostess and as a participant.

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 05-13-2009 at 11:59 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!