Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Hopes Stamps

I ordered several Eater stamps from High Hopes stamp company. They have not arrived as of yet anf Easter is this Sunday. Is this normal? They sent me qan e-mail a week ago telling me they have expanded and are overwhelmed. I just want me stamps! Any support would be appreciated!

Sue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sadly, it is normal. I have an order from March 12 I haven't received or heard anything about. I ordered some of those cute bunny stamps but didn't really expect to have them in time to make Easter cards with them.

There are a number of threads on this. You will get your order and the stamps will be worth the wait. I love their images so I keep ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Totaaly normal for them. I ordered my Easter stamps on Feb.15 and got them 5 weeks later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I placed an order in early March and received it yesterday, but the wait is always worth it. I have learned that if I need a stamp for an occassion like Easter or Christmas to order it at least 3 months ahead of time so that I have it in plenty of time to use it. They always send extra stamps as well to help offset the long wait. I know that it can be frustrating waiting but they are doing there best and there orders always show up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I believe that they have added a new shipping option that is more expensive but will guarantee a 5 day delivery time. Definitely call them during business hours if you would like to speak with someone! Their number is on their website!

Nancy

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

I ordered stamps on the 1st of March and have not received them. When I contacted them they told me how overwhelmed they are with orders and how they make them in the kitchen and that I would be getting my stamps (Easter Stamps) in a week. Well, that was two weeks ago, and nothing. Until they get their act together, I won't order again. Either stop taking more orders until you can figure it out or get some more help!
The stamps are cute, but so are the stamps from so many other reliable stamp companies.

"I'm thankful that in God's design, he planned it so your path crossed mine"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I order from an average of 8 companies a month. After 2 really horrible experiences with High Hopes, I no longer care how cute their stamps are. I ordered in early January and did not get my stamps until late February. They did not answer emails and when they finally did they told me I needed to understand they were a small understaffed company. It was said in a very, very rude way and she questioned that I dared to find their long shipping time unsatisfactory (they did not even ship them for over 4 weeks and then she falsified the shipping date after that). Honestly, I don't care about how they choose to run their business. If they cannot treat consumers any better than that I won't deal with them. I stupidly ordered a second time and my stamps took 6 weeks to arrive and they never did answer any of my 3 emails at all. I predict they won't be around much longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry your Easter stamps didn't arrive in time. Did you try e-mailing or calling them about the order? They're usually really prompt in getting back to you about your order status.

I've ordered from HH before and it does take a long time to get the stamps. I was told by friends ahead of time how long it takes so I was expecting it to take a while. They're a small, family owned/operated business that makes the stamps after they've been ordered so it takes longer and they are based in Canada which = longer shipping time to me in the US. They do throw in tons of extra stamps with your order though, usually related to the theme that you ordered (ie-I ordered many of the pirate line stamps and was gifted with 4 or 5 extra freebie images and sentiments that matched the line).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshoes74View Post
I order from an average of 8 companies a month. After 2 really horrible experiences with High Hopes, I no longer care how cute their stamps are. I ordered in early January and did not get my stamps until late February. They did not answer emails and when they finally did they told me I needed to understand they were a small understaffed company. It was said in a very, very rude way and she questioned that I dared to find their long shipping time unsatisfactory (they did not even ship them for over 4 weeks and then she falsified the shipping date after that). Honestly, I don't care about how they choose to run their business. If they cannot treat consumers any better than that I won't deal with them. I stupidly ordered a second time and my stamps took 6 weeks to arrive and they never did answer any of my 3 emails at all. I predict they won't be around much longer.
Its too bad you had such bad experience with them. I love their stamps and like most people know that it will take at least 6-8 weeks before my order arrives so I plan around that. I honestly don't think your prediction will come true. They've been around for a few years, and with their popularity explosion here on SCS and other stamping websites, I think they're going to be around for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I love their stamps and like most people know that it will take at least 6-8 weeks before my order arrives so I plan around that.
How is it that "most people know" that it would take that long, when their website only says:
"All orders are custom made for you. Please allow 3-5 days from the time of payment, for your order to ship. Many orders will ship within 24 hours. Some orders may take longer to process during peak holiday/crafting seasons, you will be notified of any delay. In case of out of stock items, you will be refunded for that item, and asked to re-order."

3-5 days versus 6-8 weeks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Maybe I should rephrase that... Most people I know of on here who order from there now know that because of the rapid increase in their business and the demand for their stamps, it will take 6 - 8 weeks for their order to arrive. Now having said that, they may be getting the stuff into the mail on time and the postal services (Cdn & US) may be the bottleneck. I've had stuff I've orderd from the states take 5 weeks to get here when it was shipped the day after I ordered it. I've also had mail take 2 weeks to arrive from one province over right here in Canada.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I've ordered from them several times, and will continue to do so, even though the wait seems like forever to receive them!
I know that's just a fact of ordering from them. Usually, by the time I get them, I've forgotten what I ordered, so it's just like Christmas morning....surprise, surprise! I like all the free images, too! If I get duplicates, I can share with a friend! Good things are worth waiting for, IMO![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I agree with Happy Heart, I love ordering from High Hopes and by the time my order comes I have forgotten what I have ordered and with the extras that they send it is well worth the wait. We all need to learn that we have to sit back and wait sometimes, we have all grown accustom to getting things instantly which is not always a good thing. I for one will keep ordering from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've never ordered from them, but I keep hearing the same complaint. It leads me to a very simple question...Why don't they just change their shipping information? I'm honestly just curious. Did they try that and their ordered dropped off dramatically? I also keep hearing that they have cited that they are a "young" company and that is the reason for the back-up, but haven't they been around a couple of years? Some of their images are cute, but all of the complaints have kept me at bay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

They have been around for a couple years and over the last year or so have been overwhelmed with the demand for their stamps, mostly due to the exposure they gained here on SCS. They are a family run business and have just moved to larger facilities so that they can handle the expanded business. I'm sure once they get the growing pains sorted out, things will level out and the customers will get their great customer service they had before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would like to mention that the postal service has a GREAT deal to do with the arrival time. I am sad to say that I am currently waiting on 2 packages from high hopes. One of them was mailed in early Feb and has still not arrived. A replacement package was sent out a few weeks ago and that has also still not arrived. This tells me that customs and the postal systems play the largest part in the delay of my packages. I would hope that people will take this in consideration when becoming so upset with high hopes. I can tell you that they are very generous and do include extra images with your order so I hope that this will make the waiting more bearable for those who are being inconvenienced by our postal service including myself. I hope that those of you who are waiting for your orders will enjoy them once they arrive. Oh and all the bunny images except the one with the egg will still make great spring cards and we still have 2 more months of "spring".
SCS Sketch Challenge Hostess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??

I love High Hopes stamps and Tina and Bethany have always answered my emails and treated me very kindly. It is true that the company is growing so much faster than anticipated, but the big problem is the postal service. I ordered my Easter stamps on March 3rd and just got them a couple of days ago. This was the second shipment tho, and Bethany sent it out UPS instead of thru the regular mail and it only took a few days. When I emailed her to tell her I got my stamps and thank her for all the extras, she emailed back and said they were shipping thru UPS from now on, so the shipping will be much faster. Their stamps are definately worth the wait, and I will still order from them. I know how frustrating the waiting is... we want our stamps NOW!! lol I only had time to do a couple of Easter cards, but I have the stamps for next year and as Janette said, I can still use most of the images for other "spring" cards. If you don't choose to order from them, you're really missing out, but if you do, know that the shipping situation is being taken care of and will not be so long in the future. For those of you waiting for stamps you ordered from them... you won't be disappointed and when you open that package, you'll have a smile on your face!!

Have a Blessed Easter everyone!
Debi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Just want to let you know that I recently joined a Candian swap for Penny Black. Knowing how long it take for the postal system I decided to send the package by US priority mail. The cost $9.95-the delivery time 10 days!!! Too slow for $9.95!!!

The delay is mostly the candian postal system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Off to check those cute stamps out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

Thank you all for the replies. I know the designs are really cute but after not getting them and not hearing from the for such a long time I got worried. I looked at the payment and that was taken out of my account the very next day after my order - another red flag.

Thanks for the advice - I'll try to have patience.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

My payment was completed March 8th, and two weeks later when I contacted them I received a reply saying they would go out the next day.

Still no stamps, just like most of the posters on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

i JUST received my first order after weeks and weeks and weeks - i find it utterly ridiculous they have grown so much and yet continue to choose such a super slow way to produce their stamps. even if i was out of one of my designs when it is ordered it would not take more than 10 - 14 days to get them out in the mail. they do have cute stamps but so do lots of other places. until they change their practice and become able to ship right away i will not be ordering anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

I think though they have great stamps, that hopefully they get better organized where as they can ship products out in a timely matter. I have received stamps from them, and I must say not only are they gorgeous, but they take tremendous pride how they pack their stamps, not like some company's that just throw your stamps in a bag and ship it..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #24  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Just want to let you know that I recently joined a Candian swap for Penny Black. Knowing how long it take for the postal system I decided to send the package by US priority mail. The cost $9.95-the delivery time 10 days!!! Too slow for $9.95!!!

The delay is mostly the candian postal system.
As a Canadian, I hate to say this but..........................that is possible. I mail stuff frequently, both within Canada & to the US. I've had a package I ordered take 2 months to go between two cities that were only about 3-4 hours apart (and the company in question was not HH). I should probably add that this package was sent the Canadian equivalent of priority.:rolleyes:
I've had stuff mailed just across the city take more than a week, and stuff mailed across the country take less. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason.
That said, I've ordered from HH a number of times, been satisfied with the service I received and love my stamps.
Oh, and just for the information of any Americans who are not familiar with the Canadian postal system - there is no mail service of any kind here on Saturdays. So we have one less processing day a week than you folks. That doesn't help speed up the process any!

Last edited by Anemone; 04-12-2009 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: correct spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I LOVE HIGH HOPES STAMPS!!!!! I can't get enough of them!!! BUT I will order my Christmas stamps in JULY..NO BIG DEAL!!! I love there stamps (did I say that already)HEHE!!
They're so worth the wait....AND they are so GENEROUS!!! I love the freebies.. sheesh that sounded greedy.. but it is awesome..LOL!
Order just remember that will will take up to two months to get to you so plan accordingly..
Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I placed an order in early March and received it yesterday, but the wait is always worth it. I have learned that if I need a stamp for an occassion like Easter or Christmas to order it at least 3 months ahead of time so that I have it in plenty of time to use it. They always send extra stamps as well to help offset the long wait. I know that it can be frustrating waiting but they are doing there best and there orders always show up.
I'm sorry and I don't mean to be blatant or unkind but I don't understand how you can say they are doing their best. They are in business and this is not good business to make people wait months. It's not what they promise on their website. I may agree that they are overwhelmed. If that is the case, I think they should suspend the ordering process until they get caught up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafterView Post
I'm sorry and I don't mean to be blatant or unkind but I don't understand how you can say they are doing their best. They are in business and this is not good business to make people wait months. It's not what they promise on their website. I may agree that they are overwhelmed. If that is the case, I think they should suspend the ordering process until they get caught up.
If we decided to stop shopping at every place that we have ever had problems with service or we have knowen someone that has had a bad experince with service then we wouldn't be doing much buying would we. Every business whether large or small has there growing pains and as they grow there service gets better as long as we give them a chance to improve. Waiting several weeks is really not that much of a problem for me in fact it helps me to learn to have patients. I respect the people at High Hopes and the fact that in this time of economic uncertanty they are still trying to make there business work which is not an easy task at the best of times. As for suspending taking orders that dosen't make much sense to me, has GM stopped making cars while they are going through there problems? I understand what you are saying and I respect the fact that it is your opinion, but we all have to understand that business have there slow times and there busy times and we need to work with them during these times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suestamper1309View Post
I ordered several Eater stamps from High Hopes stamp company. They have not arrived as of yet anf Easter is this Sunday. Is this normal? They sent me qan e-mail a week ago telling me they have expanded and are overwhelmed. I just want me stamps! Any support would be appreciated!

Sue

I am sorry you are feeling frustrated and feel your pain. While I absolutely adore High Hopes stamps, and consider them among my top 3 fave stamps , I have suffered thru the same long wait as you, not satisfactory replies to emails & left me with a not so good feeling of the company overall.

The one thing that I am noticing as I read thru this thread that some of the statements about long waits is due to "expansion of business" - yet, I ordered back in November of 2008 and was given the same answer (business booming and not able to keep up with the new demand from recent publications & people now learning of them, etc) I find it odd, personally, that months and months later they are still dealing with the same issue. I would think that a company could iron out those kinks by now.

OTOH, I was told they were made to order and in all fairness that does take some time and they do include extra stamps with your order and answer all emails (even if you don't like the answer you get back!) I would love to order again to have those delicious stamps, but I have not.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I accept and respect your position, jackie1, but they are not delivering what they promise on their website. That is not good business. The GM issue is not the same thing now, think about it. There are many businesses who are concerned with providing fair and excellent customer satisfaction and customer service and those businesses are the ones I choose to deal with. This has nothing to do with the people or who they are. I am not inclined to personal attacks. This has to do with what is promised and what is delivered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually GM have slowed down their manufacturing process but in this situation they are the opposite of High Hopes.

I have to admit I am kinda disappointed that they push forward with new releases and will be more than frustrated if I read of people playing with their new release when I am waiting for their old releases.

I love their product and have more than once defended them, however if they have time for new release etc they have time to update their web page that says 3 to 5 working days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Actually GM have slowed down their manufacturing process but in this situation they are the opposite of High Hopes.

I have to admit I am kinda disappointed that they push forward with new releases and will be more than frustrated if I read of people playing with their new release when I am waiting for their old releases.

I love their product and have more than once defended them, however if they have time for new release etc they have time to update their web page that says 3 to 5 working days.
I totally agree!
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I placed two orders in early March...no stamps and no responses to email inquiries. Very discouraging!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

I have placed 2 orders with them so far. They usually take about 5 weeks to get to me in NJ. However, I believe there was something on their blog about changing the way they mail them to the USA, so that we would start getting the stamps faster. You might want to check their blog for the exact information since I don't remember what they said exactly. I DO know that they were very excited about the change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
I have placed 2 orders with them so far. They usually take about 5 weeks to get to me in NJ. However, I believe there was something on their blog about changing the way they mail them to the USA, so that we would start getting the stamps faster. You might want to check their blog for the exact information since I don't remember what they said exactly. I DO know that they were very excited about the change.
LOL I would be more excited about the change IF I had my stamps ;)

You know it will probably arrive the same day as my H20's and then I will just pass out with shock!:p and miss valuable crafting and creating time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
LOL I would be more excited about the change IF I had my stamps ;)

You know it will probably arrive the same day as my H20's and then I will just pass out with shock!:p and miss valuable crafting and creating time!
But that is what I am saying! IF you do Not have your stamps already, yours might be in the group that is going to arrive FASTER now since they changed the system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #36  
Inking Addict

The blog said it was starting on April 1st - how long ago was that and I still don't have my stamps. At least they have e-mailed me telling me my stamps were shipped but since I don't have them yet there must be a problem. I get more frustrated every day!

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Call them... and be nice, because they are... sooo nice! I know it is frustrating ... but I too have been frustrated, and I called them and they were as nice as they can be, they had my stamps in the mail and I had them by the end of the week. I have had nothing but wonderful results from them and their stamps are so worh it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #38  
Proud Fan Club Member

I ordered stamps on March 1st and I finally got them on Thursday. They were all Easter Stamps too. I had several emails back and forth, and they were apologetic and "nice", but the bottom line is I don't want to wait two months for a $65.00 order, which I paid for the day I ordered them. And, I am astonished that some folks have responded to this thread saying you just have to realize it's going to take 8 weeks to get your stamps! And frankly, the stamps are just okay, cute little line drawings, which I can get from alot of other stamp companies in less than a week. It was an experience, and at one point I thought I had been taken, but not one I will repeat.

"I'm thankful that in God's design, he planned it so your path crossed mine"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too ordered $50 worth of stamps the first week of March in hopes to participate in an swap due 4/30/09. It is 4/26 and still have no stamps. I did receive one e-mail saying they would be in the mail on 3/31, and that was almost a month ago !! I have sent 3 additional email, but now I get no response back. I guess I should have never thought I'd get my stamps in under 7 or 8 weeks and not enter swaps unless I have the stamps in hand!!!:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Here's my experience I had with High Hopes Stamps:

I ordered from High hopes on February 5th. I called the company on March 7 after I hadn't heard anything from them. Bethany said that my order was shipped out on Feb. 16th, and that since I hadn't received my order yet, chances were that I wasn't going to get them. In the end, she refunded my money and she said that she would send out another package the following Monday (March 9). I still haven't the second package, and I really don't think I will.

As a result, I decided to order the high hopes stamps from Nutcrafters. I couldn't wait on High Hopes anymore! I ordered on April 16, and I received my order last Thursday. I highly recommend them for those who want to order high hopes stamps from an alternate company.

I don't think High Hopes Stamps is a BAD company. Bethany was really nice when I spoke with her, and she refunded my money that same Saturday. I know it gets frustrating waiting. Especially if you see them designing new stamps, and you can't even get your first package that you ordered. I think that they need to change their shipping time on their website. I live in Texas, so I don't know how long it takes to get things from Canada, so I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, I was under the impression that I would receive my stamps a few weeks after ordering, not months.
Reply With Quote Likes