Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins
Default Combined Craft Room

I've been checking out the Stamping Spaces gallery all morning and I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has combined their stamping space with a sewing space. I have all my stamping stuff in the basement and all my sewing stuff in a spare bedroom. I want to move my sewing stuff down to the basement. Does anyone use their room for both? And do you have pictures to share? Do you use the same table for stamping and sewing?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Smile

I use the basement for my "crafting area" I have a huge table in one area - on the walls of that section I have bookshelves with all my stamping and scrapping stuff - the area next to that is all my sewing and cross stitching stuff in bins lined on the walls - when I want to sew I just take my stuff and use the table (of course that is when I find the table top under all the stamping goodies).now that is not to say that my crafting stuff does not migrate to the upper level of the house..lol but I try to keep it all contained to the basement............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

My craft room became so congested the past couple of years that I am in the process of going through everything in it and reorganizing. I do stamping, beading, knitting, sewing, painting etc. I love variety and will try all arts and crafts. Love to experiment. So I have accumulated alot of STUFF and reorganizing is a slow process. Hope to contain it all to the one craftroom which is the second largest bedroom in the house. I too have been checking out the gallery for ideas on reorganization without spending alot in the process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Default I DO!

I do have my sewing space and card making space in the same room. It is also the room my DD uses when she comes to visit (even though we do have a "guest room). It was her bedroom when she lived at home. If I could get the bed outta there, I'd have more room for more cubes; hence I could get MORE STUFF! But I use the bed as an organization area for projects. I have a drafting table that I use for card making/paper crafting. I have a different craft table for my sewing area. This was the whole reason I recently rearranged the room. I wanted to be able to switch from paper crafting to sewing without have to put away all the stuff from one activity. Now I just have to roll my chair from one side of the room to the other.

I've attempted to upload photos. Hope it worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Combined Craft Room-craft-storage.jpg   Combined Craft Room-paper-crafting-table.jpg   Combined Craft Room-sewing-table.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Yep, my craft room and sewing room are one and the same. And, I have my cross stitching and Avon supplies in there, too. It has become way too crowded. Shelves & stackable drawers almost up to the ceiling. I stamp on my workbench, and cut fabric on the livingroom floor. I wish I had a bigger room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I have a detached "studio" (it was a ramshakle, critter-filled former caretakers cottage on our property) that serves both sewing and stamping. Truth be told, it's stuffed to the gills. No pictures to share, but I have two essential pieces--a countertop that my DH installed (a piece of discontinued, cheap countertop from a local building supply store) that is installed at a comfortable sitting height for my sewing machines (yes, plural) with an electrical strip mounted on the wall right above the counter. That wonderful feature allows me to have my sewing machine/glue gun/minifridge etc. all going at once. I have a custom made cutting craft table for standing (cutting fabric, stamping, etc), again at my comfort height. (I'm very short--4' 10"--and I really have trouble with my back when standing/sitting for long periods of time at a table that is not the right height.) I have two big cupboards--one for fabric, one for stamping. I have a large ironing surface (a BIg Board) that has storage drawers underneath, and a bunch of flip-top totes that stack for the stuff that won't fit anywhere else. I'm a lucky girl...I've come a long way from a card table set up in my living room (and DH stepping on quilting pins...).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by isewquilts2View Post
I have a detached "studio" (it was a ramshakle, critter-filled former caretakers cottage on our property) that serves both sewing and stamping. Truth be told, it's stuffed to the gills. No pictures to share, but I have two essential pieces--a countertop that my DH installed (a piece of discontinued, cheap countertop from a local building supply store) that is installed at a comfortable sitting height for my sewing machines (yes, plural) with an electrical strip mounted on the wall right above the counter. That wonderful feature allows me to have my sewing machine/glue gun/minifridge etc. all going at once. I have a custom made cutting craft table for standing (cutting fabric, stamping, etc), again at my comfort height. (I'm very short--4' 10"--and I really have trouble with my back when standing/sitting for long periods of time at a table that is not the right height.) I have two big cupboards--one for fabric, one for stamping. I have a large ironing surface (a BIg Board) that has storage drawers underneath, and a bunch of flip-top totes that stack for the stuff that won't fit anywhere else. I'm a lucky girl...I've come a long way from a card table set up in my living room (and DH stepping on quilting pins...).
Sounds like heaven to me! My DH keeps threatening to buy one of those storage sheds at Home Depot or Lowes and set me up a "shop" in the back yard. And I'd be fine with that as long as it has running water, heat and air, and satellite TV :mrgreen: And of course, a sign on the door, "No Boyz Allowed"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I've made a few changes to mine, but here's the project I started last August, click the image for slideshow:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I just recently had the opportunity to split my stamping and sewing into two rooms. Previously they were together in a large room that is an enclosed porch. I don't sew much so I was really happy to get all of that out or my stamping room. I was able to get a 6' desk made for my new stamping only room. The closets are better organized now that the boxes of fabric are upstairs. Good luck with your space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I have a huge table for quilting/sewing and a cabinet for my stamping. All in a room about 9x12. See my gallery for older pictures...before remodeling was finished...or see my blog for more recent pictures. You may need to check both...not sure if all pics are in both places.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Does having a sewing machine under my table count?? It makes a great footstool when I am thinking. That is the extent of my sewing area. There are tons of great ideas to get you started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I use to have a sewing room but then I started stamping! LOL My sewing machine and stuff got pushed to the side until I decided it might be fun to sew on my cards!

I think its a great idea to keep everything together. One big craft room makes more sense to me. Of course, I only do one craft now anyway!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a hobby sewer but I do have my sewing machine in my craft room too. I just did a major re-org a couple of days ago and it's now tucked away on it's own table in the back corner of my space.
Attached Thumbnails
Combined Craft Room-image1.jpg   Combined Craft Room-image2.jpg   Combined Craft Room-image3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one room- a spare bedroom. In it, I have my paper crafting, sewing, jewelry making, and other craft supplies. I have all of my fabric & sewing supplies on shelves IN the closet in that room. That seems to work best for me. I have a large desk (maybe 6 feet wide by 40" deep) that I do all of my crafting on.

I like my supplies to be out of sight, that seems to work best for me. I'll try and take some photos and post back here in another day or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a sewing/craft room, too. Shelves along one wall, an 8 foot table and an old kitchen table in an L shape. One the blank wall I made a felt wall for a design wall for quilting. It is really nice. My DH likes not having to eat dinner on his lap because I'm in the middle of another project!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my "stamping room" which I share with my hubby, where he has his own stuff (read computerS!!! what else do you expect from software engineer ). I mean I don't use the room for stamping and sewing, but in a way we have two things in the room, my space and his space. I have 2 desks, one stamping, and the other one where my computer and printer are. And then on the other side of the room he has as well a very long desk with his computers on it and around it. So that space could be easily used for sewing purposes. The desk is huge and there is bunch of space around it for storage stuff and sewing project. However I have little more than 2/3 of the room, and he got little less than 1/3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

My space is also shared with my two luvs - papercrafts and sewing. I have each hobby in it's own contained space. The supplies are mostly kept in a long closet - the right side is sewing and the left is papercrafts. I share a cutting counter for both hobbies. Please check out my gallery if you want to see pics.
MY STAMPING SPOT by chrisations.ink at Splitcoaststampers
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes