View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #29
blank canvas
Matboard Maniac

It's not tight or even thrifty, it's just sensible. Why pay more than you have to? If you went to the shops and there were two door in-one saif 'This way for full price goods' and the other said 'this way for discounted prices' who wouldn't go through the discount door?

Big shops spend alot of time and money trying to manipulate us into buying expensive named brands, more than we need, put sweets by where we queue for children to see and want, pipe smells into the shop like fresh bread, put different lighting in some areas etc, etc.

By buying wisely we're not being manipulated so much and I for one hate the idea of being manipulated by anyone. More savings equates to either more stuff or the actual ability to buy something you normally couldn't afford. We should congratulate each other for being clever and in some ways playing the stores at their own games. Every penny, cent etc makes a difference especially now. I like many of you have strong women in my family who taught me that paying more than is necessary isn't the way to do things!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!