Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Provocraft "Your Story" Laminator and book binder questions.

Just wondered if anybody has seen this product?...Our local WM got a few in.
Specific questions I have are where can you buy the laminator refills (the actual laminating pages)?
Walmart has the machine but won't be getting the refills.
Has anybody tried this product?
What kind of materials will work with it?...for laminating and binding.
Here is a link from the Provo web site with product pic.
Thanks so much...judy

http://www.provocraft.com/products/i...p?cl=yourstory
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I had also seen this at WM, I do not need one as I have the bind-it-all, but I was very curious about this and what it does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This item is brand new. I don't have one, but I remember hearing that it was coming out soon.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default interesting

It's a laminator binding machine all in one....the laminating supplies probably can be purchased at any office store....to bind you could buy their kits or again find another binding source online for supplies..........I wonder how thick you can make a book though? I'd be interested to know if you could bind a chipboard book...hmmm

NoNONo (LOL) I don't need another toy........already of the BIA........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Wink Your Story

I got one today in my local AC Moore. I used a coupon so I got it for $60. Yeah! They had many of the machines but it looked like most of the book kits were sold out. They only had 4 varities.

Once I try it out I'll come back and tell you how it works. I can't wait!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Come on....tell us more!!!! Enable me!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I seen them yesterday at A.C. Moore, but didn't know how much they were, not priced.. I got an email today from ProvoCraft about receiving $100 credit on their site when you bought one of the My Story things.. I thought I had deleted the email, but didn't.. it was in the junk folder, probably why I didn't see it at first.. subject line: Buy YourStory — and get a $100 Cricut.com online credit

It shows available at Walmart and A.C. Moore.. for first 15,000 participants.. here is the site: http://www.tellsomeoneyourstory.com/promotions/

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Does anyone know how much this new toy costs? TIA!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I think they are somwhere between 75 and 100.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammsmom1View Post
I think they are somwhere between 75 and 100.
ooooohhhh... pricey toy...

Thanks for the response!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

My hubby is officially awesome guys...I mentioned to him last night I wanted one for Christmas, but I wanted to get it before Christmas so I could register for the freebies they're advertising....He woke me up this morning by setting a box down on the bed beside me and said, "You'd better get up - you've got registering to do!" Of course I shot straight up and turned on the light lol! I thanked him for spoiling me, to which he replied..."Anything for the princess!" I love him ;)

It was $100 at Walmart in our neck of the woods (SW KY)...I noticed they only had a few of the kits though, no separate refill pages or binders. I'm scouring online to see who has the best deal - I know I can count on the SCS crew to fill us all in on that!!!! Now if I only had time this week to play with it *sigh* :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappychick427View Post
My hubby is officially awesome guys...I mentioned to him last night I wanted one for Christmas, but I wanted to get it before Christmas so I could register for the freebies they're advertising....He woke me up this morning by setting a box down on the bed beside me and said, "You'd better get up - you've got registering to do!" Of course I shot straight up and turned on the light lol! I thanked him for spoiling me, to which he replied..."Anything for the princess!" I love him ;) :(
Definitely sounds like a keeper! Hope you find some time to play soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Ah! Scrappychick! Sounds like we have the same kind of guy!!! I also mentioned that I wanted this machine to do xmas gifts and bless his heart, he went right down & bought it for me!!(he did the same thing with the cricut!) I have had this for almost 2 weeks now & I finally get to play with it tonight!! He bought this for me from WM for $100. They only have the kits there for $20. You can use the "heat" lamination pouch's from any office supply store but I have found that WM has them for around $8-9. I spent all of last week end in SLC searching for just the albums but could not find them. My last stop was at Roberts Craft(Provo craft owns them) & they didn't even have the machines in yet & wouldn't till Dec if that! Soooo now that it may be impossiable to purchase any albums before xmas I have got to "play" around with this machine & see if it is possible to create my own album!! I'm just not real sure of which type of glue to use on the inside of the spine. I was thinking something like hot glue but I think that would be to thick. Any suggestion's??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Heaven - Buried under a mountain of paper scraps and stamps!

I bought one at WalMart on Black Friday, was $100. Haven't opened it yet. Wanted to see if anyone here on SCS had one and how much they liked it. If AC Moore has them for 40% off, I'll return this one and go there!!! Just wondering if anyone really had any problems with them etc.

Is there a problem finding the refill kits any where? Or the laminating stuff??

Thanks so much in advance.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

Default I saw this

I saw this online while browsing. I already have a bind it all so I am not sure it is for me. I was thinking more along the lines of the Purple Cow one for a laminator. It also laminates up to 12x12, costs less and the laminating pockets are readily available. I just wasn't sure about this one. How thick of materials can it bind? I don't know that I would ever laminate something 12x12, but you never know. I hope someone posts some pictures and some reviews!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Default Not Like a Bind-it-All

I have a bind-it-all too and this nothing like it. Rather than a spiral bind it is a hot glue type of bind, so it looks like a hardcover book you would buy in a book store. It looks a little more polished. I also have the purple cow laminator. The last few times I was laminating things they got stuck on the way out and I had to take the whole thing apart to get them out. In fact right now there's a recipe stuck in it and I just don't feel like taking it apart again. You can use any laminating supplies in the Your Story machine too. However, I ordered blank books from Oh My Crafts two weeks ago and now they're telling me that the manufacturer is behind and they probably won't ship before Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

Default Interesting

Well it is more interesting now that I know it uses glue rather than a binding comb. I can't really picture it. I looked on youtube for a demonstration, but can't find anything. I just don't know what kind of project I would feel the urge to use it on. It couldn't be used for chipboard post it note covers. I guess it could be used for any other type of bound book though. But I am not sure that I would use it. It does sound pretty cool, though. I don't typically like 2 in 1 tools. If one part fails, it is ususally more costly to get it fixed than to replace it. I am less inclined to use something that is partially broken. I guess I have had a bad experience with a TV DVD combo that has kept me convinced that I should buy items separate. Keep everyone posted about these though. I would love to see some projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Heaven - Buried under a mountain of paper scraps and stamps!

FYI - AC Moore had a 50% off coupon today (Tues 12/2) and I used it on this book binding/laminating machine!!! WOW, that is $50 off the original price. I bought one at Wal-Mart on Black Friday, now I just have to return the first one.
AC Moore has the $100 credit for Cricut also, so it is a win-win situation!! YEA!!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellBillView Post
Ah! Scrappychick! Sounds like we have the same kind of guy!!! I also mentioned that I wanted this machine to do xmas gifts and bless his heart, he went right down & bought it for me!!(he did the same thing with the cricut!) I have had this for almost 2 weeks now & I finally get to play with it tonight!! He bought this for me from WM for $100. They only have the kits there for $20. You can use the "heat" lamination pouch's from any office supply store but I have found that WM has them for around $8-9. I spent all of last week end in SLC searching for just the albums but could not find them. My last stop was at Roberts Craft(Provo craft owns them) & they didn't even have the machines in yet & wouldn't till Dec if that! Soooo now that it may be impossiable to purchase any albums before xmas I have got to "play" around with this machine & see if it is possible to create my own album!! I'm just not real sure of which type of glue to use on the inside of the spine. I was thinking something like hot glue but I think that would be to thick. Any suggestion's??

Oh my good you must be my twin!! I bought mine about a month ago and have yet to use it.. I want to make my own album covers.. I have been pondering what glue to use also.. I am going to try it using a hot glue gun.. putting a strip down, letting it dry then putting it in the binder...I will let you know my results when I get around to doing it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default Found a place to buy covers!

Hi girls....I am new here and was looking for info on the MyStory machine my hubby bought for me from Walmart. I ran across this and then did further searching and found a place you can buy empty covers and even glue strips to make your own so I thought I would sign up and post it to everyone hoping it helps!

I was so excited to find this...when you search google you need to search for thermal binding covers! Now....hoping they work in the YourStory Machine.. It says they work with all machines on the market so...here's hoping! If not I can just sell the covers on ebay...right?

It won't let me post the URL because it says I have to make three posts so if you want the link I bookmarked it, email me and I will give it to you [email protected]

Melony
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Default your story

Hi Ladies I am new here and I was wondering if anyone has bought this machine out here in CA, as I can not find it at walmart and I would really like to get this for Christmas, TIA

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

I was wondering where in IL anyone has found them at Walmart. And are they with the scrapping supplies? I went to two Walmarts last week - one regular and one super center and didn't find it at either.

Thanks,
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #23  
Glitter Queen

check out the hard cases and thermal strips. don't have this machine, but found a website: http://www.mybinding.com/.sc/ms/cat/...ermal%20Covers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnkmmwView Post
I was wondering where in IL anyone has found them at Walmart. And are they with the scrapping supplies? I went to two Walmarts last week - one regular and one super center and didn't find it at either.

Thanks,
Dawn
I am in southern IL and our wal-mart here has them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I bought one tonight, and it's going back. Tried first to laminate something. Put it thru 3 times so far, and it's still not sealed. For the money, I expected much better performance. It may work as a binder, but I'm not going to waste the bindings and not be able to take the unit back. Very disappointing.

Last edited by phunkymama; 12-19-2008 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't have one, but I did see it used at CHA this past summer. We got to make a coloring book to send to impoverished children overseas..anyways...

Each folder comes with the adhesive in it already. The machine heats the glue. You could put several sheets of paper in it, but could not add more once the book was made.

It seemed like a pretty neat tool, but I am not sure of the cost effectiveness of it versus the Bind It All.

At CHA, they said they would only be carrying a couple of sizes of folders and colors of the folders. It will be interesting to see if they add more as time goes on.

I probably just created more questions than answers!

MFT Design Team
Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Go-To-Gal
Carta Bella Design Team
Maya Road Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

Default Making my own books

Hello. I just bought this book binder and laminator. Before I try to use it I would like to know if I can bind the children's books I've written and illustrated. I want to do literally hundreds of books and I'm not sure if this machine can do that; plus, do I need to purchase special glue and covers to do this?
Up till now I've been coil binding my books but I'd like to do something different. Thanks to all who can help me.
Ron
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndn_ronhowardView Post
Hello. I just bought this book binder and laminator. Before I try to use it I would like to know if I can bind the children's books I've written and illustrated. I want to do literally hundreds of books and I'm not sure if this machine can do that; plus, do I need to purchase special glue and covers to do this?
Up till now I've been coil binding my books but I'd like to do something different. Thanks to all who can help me.
Ron
I think for that volume of books, you'd probably want a professional level machine. There was a link a few posts up for generic spines and glue strips--I'll bet they carry a professional level machine too. If you see my review, it didn't work well as a laminator, I'd be wary of it as a binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Default laminating sheets

I bought this machine last night at my local WM, took it out when i got home and played with a page. I bet you can use any type or brand of laminating sheets for this machine. I haven't binded anything yet but so far I LOVE this machine!!! Just one more toy for my collection of scrapping machines!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Smile your story machine

i got one yesterday from HSN.com for $79.00 plus a birthday book. your story was free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Question YourStory Laminator & Binding Machine

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but wanted to see if I can get some answers. I just got the YourStory Machine and was wondering if there are any other materials we can use to bind in this machine. Or do we have to use their products.

Since the album covers are black, is there any way we can change that? Would be be able to paste a cover on it or something?

Just wondering.....

Appreciative of any type of response.

Thank you.

Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

you can paste stuff on the covers. I was watching hsn and they have the cricut expression machine and used that paste stuff to the albums
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Just a heads up, at my local walmart the machine and the kits are on clearance. The machine itself is $79 and the kits are somewhere between $10 and $15.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Default Bind-It-All

I've been looking for a wire binding machine, and, reading through this thread, I'm just now hearing about this Bind-It-All machine. Can anyone tell me where I can find it inexpensive and how much it runs for???

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, Gale. I will definitely check that site out. Are you pretty happy with the Bind-It-All Machine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

Smile MyStory � What size books?

how thick can the books be? I've noticed that you can get the folders/binders for up to 2".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Bind-It-All Machine

Anyone wanna sell their Bind-It-All????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

Can someone tell me what the difference is with the original Bind-It-All (Blue) and the new one (Pink)????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

The new pink one is nicer, it has an extendable arm for easy placement of the holes. It comes with a DVD disc showing step by step how to use the machine and binding discs along with some cool project ideas. I love my pink one. I sprung for the bag and the wire snips as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

I got my YourStory on ebay for $31.00.

Last edited by scrapbookgirljean; 09-22-2009 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: not enough information
Reply With Quote Likes