Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Magnolia Tilda Stamps

I would like to get some Tilda stamps as they are so cute. My question is where is the best place to get them? And also are they wood mounted or do I need to purchase some sort of mounting system? I have only used wood mounted up to now.

Thank you for any info I can get

Sheri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

This is where I order mine from... http://www.magnoliastamps.us/

Diana is the same lady who sells the Scor Pal...

I always receive great service and fast shipping... but I spend way too much $$ there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I order mine here:
http://www.dreamcottage.nu/english1/

Shipping is VERY reasonable. I think that for around a $100 order, shipping was less than $5 <-- Air Economy from Sweden. I get them as unmounted rubber and then mount them myself in the EZ Mount cushion. I think it takes about a week for an order to arrive. One time it may have taken a couple of weeks but that was around the time that a new release was available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

So if I buy these stamps unmounted what elso do I need to buy to be able to use them? Also does e-z mount mean you just put them on those acrylic blocks? I have only bought wood mounted so this is all new to me. Thank you for the links!

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I typically buy my EZ Mount here:
http://sundayint.com/index.asp?PageA...TS&Category=57

They also have some nice acrylic blocks as well. (But I think the absolute BEST blocks are by Close To My Heart.) I have both and I tend to grab the CTMH blocks more. They are about the same size and shape of regular wood mounts. I think they are 3/4" of inch thick. The Sunday International blocks are 1/2" to 5/8" thick. If you go with Sunday International, I'd suggest getting the UltraClear or the ones with the gridlines.

http://sundayint.com/index.asp?PageA...S&Category=124
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I've also purchased the EZ Mount from this seller:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Simple-T...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

He has a current auction of 5 sheets for $20.51 and free shipping. That's about $4.10 per sheet. You can put a LOT of Magnolias on one sheet. If you plan on getting a lot of unmounted stamps, the five sheet purchase would be a great buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok KimberlyinMN I just purchased 5 Magnolia stamps from your suggested website. Shipping was 4.79. Now that I have them coming, by the way I ordered unmounted, now what do I do?

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Roses On Paper is another great source located in the US (Hawaii) for Magnolia stamps. Shipping is very reasonable and quick. She (Summer) also sells Alota Rubber Stamps which can be used with Magnolia images.

http://www.rosesonpaper.com/

One thing to keep in mind when ordering from dreamcottage.nu in Sweden, is that if you have a question or there's a problem with your order, your emails may go unanswered. One of the "perks" to buying from them is that they have all their images in stock, old and new, whereas the stores in the US have a limited selection of mostly newer images.

Personally, I would recommend buying the images with the cling already on them, since
you are new to the world of unmounted-cling stamps. This would save you the hassle of mounting the images on EZ Mount, the cling stamps don't cost that much more than the bare rubber, and some of the savings from buying the bare rubber images would be spent on buying EZ Mount sheets anyways.

If buying bare rubber still appeals to you, you can also leave them that way and use double sided sticky tape on your blocks and stick the images to them that way... peel the images off after you're done using them. Personally, I'm not crazy about the idea of having tape stuck to my blocks and having to replace it after it starts to lose it's stickiness, and would still recommend getting the images with the cling already on them... it keeps things easy.

Another great source for acrylic blocks is smartrubber.com. Their blocks are thick and have smooth edges... no grid lines though. You can buy their blocks in sets, individually and they will make custom sizes for you, which is nice.

http://www.smartrubber.com/smartsite_006.htm

Just my point of view on the topic. Hope it helps a little!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Oops! You posted your message saying that you just bought some images while I was typing mine! Sorry I missed you before you made your purchase!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think I have it figured out. I need to by this ez mount stuff to put stamps on and than put that on a acrylic block. Can someone tell me what the average size block I would need for the magnolia stamps.
Thank you
Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I think the block that I use the most is the 4-1/2" by 3".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you island chick. I will keep them in mind for future purchases. I was just think that I will have a lot ivested in these stamps when I am done. Maybe I should have went the ez mount instead of unmounted. When it says ez mount than do you just need the block. Thanks for everyones help.
Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Kimberly I will get one of those coming so I can play right away when my stamps show up.

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, when using images that have cling on them, EZ Mount, all you need are the blocks. Some people invest in special binders to store cling images in, but I don't think it's necessary if you're on a budget. I just keep store them loosely in a box with the cling part covered in the paper that came on them.

I've never mounted stamps on EZ Mount, so I don't know if you need to have a good pair of kai scissors to cut it with... perhaps someone else can let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57View Post
Thank you island chick. I will keep them in mind for future purchases. I was just think that I will have a lot ivested in these stamps when I am done. Maybe I should have went the ez mount instead of unmounted. When it says ez mount than do you just need the block. Thanks for everyones help.
Sheri
The good thing about mounting them yourself is that you will save quite a bit of $$. The EZ Mounted Magnolia stamps are sometimes $2-$4 more than just the bare rubber. You can buy one sheet of the EZ Mount cushion for around $4-$5, depending on where you buy it. You can use that one sheet for probably 15-20 Magnolia people. So... if you buy 10 Magnolia images on EZ Mount, you'd be paying $20-$40 more than if bought just the bare rubber.

However, you don't HAVE to mount them on the EZ Mount.

• I think some people have just put double-sided carpet tape on the one block and then just stick the bare rubber to the block. I think you can get a roll of this tape at a local hardware store for maybe $3-$4 and it will last you a long time. (You'll have to replace the tape every so often because I think over time it will lose it's stickiness.)
  • What's that other stuff called.... Tack n' Peel? That another option too. You put that on the clear block and stick the bare rubber to it temporarily. When the Tack n' Peel loses its stickiness, I think you just need to wash it in soapy water. (I think that's what a person does.) I think that runs about $9. You would just need it for that one block and it can be used with all of the unmounted stamps.
I prefer the EZ Mount, but then I've also unmounted all of my wood mounted stamps. I like being able to store everything in a much smaller space. I use CD cases for most of them, but I've also bought those plastic binders that snap shut. (I even found a binder like that at a thrift store in Fargo for $2!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

I've done almost everything that Kimberly in MN has done! I buy my Tilda stamps straight from Sweden and when I've calculated it out - it might even be closer to being cheaper doing it that way. You have to keep in mind the exchange rate. I've recently noticed a HUGE improvement in their website, their service, their email formats etc.. and I've never had a problem. As Kimberly mentioned, I've received my stamps quicker than some US stores/locations. And, again, as someone mentioned - they have the entire line since they are the manufacturers. I've even purchased their 'club' selection where you get about 13 stamps and they guarantee 'x' number will be Tilda's. I also buy my EZ mount foam directly from Sunday International. If you join Sunday's membership - it entitles you to 10% off every time. Be forewarned - Sunday also carries stamps so it seems I never just buy the foam :-> hehehehe. Stampin Cottage is another great website for the foam and epecially Bazzil cardstock. And, let me share - I have purchased 'background' stamps for Tilda from Alotta Rubber Stamps. They make coordinating images that you can 'sit' your Tilda on, or stand next too... Here's a card I made for Valentine's day - Tilda from Sweden on a candy box from Alotta.

Chocolate Box Tilda by kraftyaunt at Splitcoaststampers

Happy Shopping. Once you start with the Tilda...you'll be hooked! I was. They're fun to color and it's almost like playing with a doll house if you try to put her or (him-Edwin) into 'stage' setting on the cards.

Last edited by kraftyaunt; 03-22-2009 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Additional Information
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

Here's a hint for mounting that someone else passed along. Trim your rubber stamp close, then stick it to the foam. Don't put it on the foam and try to double-cut, if you know what I mean? And, before you start with your scissors (oh, I use Tim Holtz that are made especially for cutting) place a piece of clear-wrap (saran wrap?) over the rubber stamps and press down. The plastic wrap helps stop your scissors from getting guey... and makes it easier to cut through. If the scissors do start to get sticky - use WD40 to clean them up in a hurry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I've found that my hot knife (also found at Sunday International OR your local Michaels) works WONDERS to cut the foam. Is it a necessity? No... but it sure makes it much easier and it is SO much faster.

I pre-cut the rubber so that I can trim really close. Then my hot knife moves so quickly around the cushion.... Presto! I'm done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Question

Kimberly - would you happen to know the brand of hot knife?? I bought one, at Michaels - but got it in the wood burning section... and I've had absolutely no luck using it. I placed my stamps on a glass cutting board and tried that way too, but the knife just wasn't worth the effort and mess. Perhaps I bought the wrong kind? since you've had good luck with it! I'd give it another try if I knew I'd be successful because I usually buy all unmounted rubber stamps now. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I bought mine at Sunday International:
http://sundayint.com/index.asp?PageA...OD&ProdID=1968

But I think it's the same one as what Michaels has. (Has a green handle?)

I let mine heat up for about 15 minutes. I only use the glass mat to cut widely around the rubber. Then I pick up each piece and cut with the point sticking up (with the knife handle under the cushion). I hold the piece parallel to the glass mat with the knife perpendicular beneath. Then I cut around the cut rubber piece. I think I typically cut away from myself. I hold the knife still and move the rubber piece. (Does that make sense?)

I still have the glass mat under what I am working on. I put a piece of paper on the mat and then start sticking the cut sticky pieces onto that -- kind of building a pile of sticky stuff.

I LOVE my hot knife!! I didn't have that when I unmounted most of my wood mounted stamps. I bet I would have saved weeks of time. I still unmount all of the wood mounted stamps that I buy. It so easy to zip around the rubber with that darn knife.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

GEE THANKS EVERYONE! I just placed an order with dream cottage for Tilda's. I SWORE I wouldn't fall for this too..... I just purchased my first "Riley's" yesterday. Well afterall, I have all these wonderful Copic markers and NOTHING to color! LOL

Holly

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I just received an notice that 7Kids will be selling Tilda stamps. I think that it said that you can preorder them right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another great place for Magnolia's is http://www.shop.klstampinnscrappin.com/main.sc

Kelly always has them 10% off so you always get a sale, plus she carries the EZ foam to mount them on AND the momento ink if you use copics. You can also pre-order from her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much for all this information. I am overwelmed right now. I have the stamps coming but still need the ez mount so I will go to your suggested sites to get that. Kraftyaunt I LOVE your card. I did purchase some sitting stamps but I guess now I need to buy something for them to sit on. I have had prismacolors for a year now that have not even been sharpened so I am hoping the stamps get me motivated to use them.
Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #25  
Inking Addict

Enjoy the Tilda stamps! They are addictive I feel like a little girl again when I color them; they are so much fun. And then, if you venture into paper piercing... oh wow, a whole other treat. I've sat there looking through small-patterned paper to find just the right pattern for her dresses etc....

As you get comfortable coloring them in, there are plenty of blogs that focus primarily on the Magnolia stamps. If you go to the M website, on the right hand side are design team member listings. I've gazed through many that are not translated - but pictures are universal!!

chuckle, chuckle... how about a report back in a year to see how many you've collected. ;)

Happy Stamping. Kraftyaunt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much kraftyaunt. I seem to be a collector of cute things so I have to tell myself I am going to use them. They are so darling that I know I will be getting more. I also just today ordered a whiff of joy stamp (well more than 1) Its of a boy sitting so I bought the tree stump for him to sit on. My question is how do you use the sitting figures as I did order 2 Tilda's sitting also. Do you have to cut them out to have them sit on something or is there a way to stamp them on the object. Thank you for all your help.

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #27  
Inking Addict

You can do 'masking' and I'm sure there are blog entries on how best to do it. I just find it faster and simpler to stamp the Matildas (or other main characters) separately...and cut them out to place them on the 'thing'. That way, you can stamp a whole bunch and take them with you and color at your leisure. Also, cutting the character out makes it easier to position and reposition on your card until you get it the way you like it. Others may do the masking technique... I have trouble making sure I get it right... so the cutout method works best for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57View Post
So if I buy these stamps unmounted what elso do I need to buy to be able to use them? Also does e-z mount mean you just put them on those acrylic blocks? I have only bought wood mounted so this is all new to me. Thank you for the links!

Sheri

Sheri, I forgot to give you this link to a video that demonstrates how to mount your images to EZ Mount and then onto a clear block.

http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Video/W...nmounteds
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sheri- if you check out the KLStampinNScrappin blog we do a lot with magnolias and then on PCP they have challenges with Magnolia's as well. If you really want to see a great blog on Magnolia's then go to my blog and check out Pretty Pressings- you will be amazed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 05:54 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I use EZ mount as Sugar nellies need to be mounted too. Itrim my rubber stamp and then stick onto the EZ mount and then trim the EZ mount. I just use any small scissors-it's more tedious than hard to do.

I find it useful to get the flowers and things too as the image looks so much better wtih background stuff. I've just bought a settee stamp from Alota which works brilliantly with Tildas-the sitting Tildas fit on it really well. I'd really recommend lookig at your exisiting stamps-I have a cat stamp from little Claires that is a great size for Tilda-use what you have then more money for Tildas! I'm new to Tildas myself and so glad i decided to get a few-I love them and so enjoying colouring them in and making pretty cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScraphappilyView Post
Sheri- if you check out the KLStampinNScrappin blog we do a lot with magnolias and then on PCP they have challenges with Magnolia's as well. If you really want to see a great blog on Magnolia's then go to my blog and check out Pretty Pressings- you will be amazed!
What is KLStampinNScrappin?

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Default magnolia stamps of boy and girl in December 2009 Scrap & Stamp Art

Does anyone know where I can get the stamps that are in the December 2009 issue of Stamp & Scrap Art on page 53 especially the upper right hand corner stamps. I love them. It is the boy and girl skating on a pond with a building behind them. I think their names are Tilda and Edward.

Thank you so much.

Sally
Reply With Quote Likes