Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean's 11 RAK's and more

I just sent out the RAK list to everyone who sent me their information. Please let me know if you didn't get it - it's the first time I've ever sent a PM to so many people at one time and it made me a little nervous

As I said before, when putting this list together, I had no intent to police it in any way, just put together the information so that anyone who wanted to could RAK someone in our group, but I think it's only fair that a RAK recipient acknowledge receipt in some way so I started this thread for that purpose. If you are more comfortable sending a PM, that's good too - just remember to play nice and say thank you.

For the images - again, no policing by me and no swap organizing - if someone else wants to set up a swap, my feelings won't be hurt. My intention was one central place where you could post your requests for images you have seen along the way - I know I've seen some really cool stamps I'd love to have - but I don't want anyone to feel they have to share, or to feel pressured in anyway.

Since we are a fairly small group, I think we should be able to play nice with the minimum of supervision, what do you all think??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Got the pm Kay - thanks for taking the time to put this all together!

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Kay,
I received your PM thanks for organizing the RAK, I did participate in an image swap this past week that appeared to be pretty easy, thought I would share the instructions and see if anyone is interested, I would be happy to host it, it doesn't have to be the entire Ocean's 11 group only those who want to participate??? These instructions were copied from another swap....

This will be an image swap that's a bit different. Here's how it works:

When you sign up, you will choose an image from your favorite 'line' of stamps (Riley, Changito, Bella, Who's that Girl, you name it...) When I swap them out, you will get everything BUT that line of stamps back (although you may get the same brand back, if that makes sense. For instance, if you send in a Changito image, you may get back a Fluffles image. They are both Stampendous, but from different lines.) This is a great way to increase your variety and give some other lines a test-drive.

Here are the specifics:

1. Send in 10 + 1 for each spot you choose.
2. When you sign up, please indicate which stamp you will be using.
3. Stamp each image on a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of QUALITY white cardstock using QUALITY waterproof BLACK ink. No solid images, please. If your image is small, stamp it twice. Or, if you have room and would like, you can include an appropriate sentiment. However, please don't crowd... leave plenting of room for cropping.
4. Place your images in a baggie. Please label your bag with your name, SCS name, and the name of the image
5. Include a SASE with the same amount of postage it cost to send. Please don't include loose stamps, I'll cover any extra postage if I need to.
6. Deadline is April 1st.
7. Send to Karen Zielinski 202 Donna Mae Lane Leonard, MI 48367

Just because someone has already signed up for any given line doesn't mean you can't... please just use a different image. With that being said, I would love to see as many different lines represented as possible. To keep it manageable, it will just be our group Ocean's 11 (20 PEOPLE). However, each of those 20 people are welcome to take multiple spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by saved by graceView Post
Kay,
I received your PM thanks for organizing the RAK, I did participate in an image swap this past week that appeared to be pretty easy, thought I would share the instructions and see if anyone is interested, I would be happy to host it, it doesn't have to be the entire Ocean's 11 group only those who want to participate??? These instructions were copied from another swap....

This will be an image swap that's a bit different. Here's how it works:

When you sign up, you will choose an image from your favorite 'line' of stamps (Riley, Changito, Bella, Who's that Girl, you name it...) When I swap them out, you will get everything BUT that line of stamps back (although you may get the same brand back, if that makes sense. For instance, if you send in a Changito image, you may get back a Fluffles image. They are both Stampendous, but from different lines.) This is a great way to increase your variety and give some other lines a test-drive.

Here are the specifics:

1. Send in 10 + 1 for each spot you choose.
3. Stamp each image on a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of QUALITY white cardstock using QUALITY waterproof BLACK ink. No solid images, please. If your image is small, stamp it twice. Or, if you have room and would like, you can include an appropriate sentiment. However, please don't crowd... leave plenting of room for cropping.
4. Place your images in a baggie. Please label your bag with your name, SCS name, and the name of the image
5. Include a SASE with the same amount of postage it cost to send. Please don't include loose stamps, I'll cover any extra postage if I need to.

Just because someone has already signed up for any given line doesn't mean you can't... please just use a different image. With that being said, I would love to see as many different lines represented as possible. To keep it manageable, it will just be our group Ocean's 11 (20 PEOPLE). However, each of those 20 people are welcome to take multiple spots.

Karen, you are an angel! I've hosted swaps before and I know how much work is involved in them.
My only question with this is the cardstock size - half a sheet for one image? That seems like a LOT of wasted card - the image swaps I have participated in in the past used 1/4 and even 1/8th of a sheet of cardstock and I've never had any issues with the images.

I was going to offer up some Magnolia images, but one of those on a half sheet would look very lonely........ I could get at at least 4 on there with no crowding. I know the instructions say stamp more than one image if the cardstock is too big, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose.

I don't want to be the one who says "I'm not going to organize this, just let me pick holes in what you're doing" so feel free to tell me to be quiet!!

What does everyone think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks Kay for organizing the RAK. I appreciate all of your effort in getting this group started on a great stamping journey together!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
Karen, you are an angel! I've hosted swaps before and I know how much work is involved in them.
My only question with this is the cardstock size - half a sheet for one image? That seems like a LOT of wasted card - the image swaps I have participated in in the past used 1/4 and even 1/8th of a sheet of cardstock and I've never had any issues with the images.

I was going to offer up some Magnolia images, but one of those on a half sheet would look very lonely........ I could get at at least 4 on there with no crowding. I know the instructions say stamp more than one image if the cardstock is too big, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose.

I don't want to be the one who says "I'm not going to organize this, just let me pick holes in what you're doing" so feel free to tell me to be quiet!!

What does everyone think?
Hi Kay,

Actually it is four images to a 8 1/2 " by 11" sheet if card stock.

At least that is how I understood it to read. (4 1/4" by 5 1/2") should give you four pieces to stamp on out of each 8 1/2" X 11" sheet? Does that make sense? I hope that's accurate as that is how I did mine and they are all set to mail out...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

If no one is opposed I'd like to start the following image swap,

This will be an image swap that's a bit different. It's easy; here's how it works:

When you sign up, you will choose an image from your favorite 'line' of stamps (just pick one to start with and we can see how it all turns out...) When I swap them out, you will get everything BUT the one image you stamped back.
This is a great way to increase your variety and give some other lines a test-drive.

Here are the specifics:

1. Send in 10 + 1 for each spot you choose. (I'm capping this out at 10 spots to see how it goes then we can always do it again)
3. Stamp each image on a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of QUALITY white card stock using QUALITY waterproof BLACK ink. (You should be able to get four images on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of card stock.

To keep it manageable, it will just be our group Ocean's 11 (10 PEOPLE Only the first 10 to sign up). As I stated I just want to see how this all turns out, then I'll be happy to host again or someone else may, if we are happy with the result. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have the directions might be a bit confusing. I'll be the first to sign up...Remember you only need to stamp 11 images of just one design, and you'll get 10 different images back.

1. Saved By Grace ~ Penny Black (Love Conquers)
2. Papercrafterthoughts ~ Hero Arts Big Owl image
3. Jazzyscrapper ~ Unity Image

Last edited by saved by grace; 03-12-2009 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

If no one is opposed I'd like to start the following image swap,

This will be an image swap that's a bit different. It's easy; here's how it works:

When you sign up, you will choose an image from your favorite 'line' of stamps (just pick one to start with and we can see how it all turns out...) When I swap them out, you will get everything BUT the one image you stamped back.
This is a great way to increase your variety and give some other lines a test-drive.

Here are the specifics:

1. Send in 10 + 1 for each spot you choose. (I'm capping this out at 10 spots to see how it goes then we can always do it again)
3. Stamp each image on a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of QUALITY white card stock using QUALITY waterproof BLACK ink. (You should be able to get four images on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of card stock.

To keep it manageable, it will just be our group Ocean's 11 (10 PEOPLE Only the first 10 to sign up). As I stated I just want to see how this all turns out, then I'll be happy to host again or someone else may, if we are happy with the result. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have the directions might be a bit confusing. I'll be the first to sign up...Remember you only need to stamp 11 images of just one design, and you'll get 10 different images back.

1. Saved By Grace ~ Penny Black (Love Conquers)

Karen,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!! Sign me up and I'll send my Hero Arts Big Owl image.

He's a lot of fun to color and so versatile - check out this link where he's been turned into Frankenowl.

Also, I use StazOn Black - is this okay or should I pick up a different ink?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

StazOn Black is perfect that's waht i use too....

I love the Frankenowl image...so cute...I'll add you to the list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Just sending an evening bump to see if anyone else is ready to do a quick and easy swap...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Checking out everyone's Blog....

Is anyone game for this quick and easy swap?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I well sign up for a spot I will be using Unity Stamps. I am not sure what kit I am going to use.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Great Amy I just added you to the list with Unity stamps. I am interested to see the unity stamps. I need to look those stamps up...

Anyone else up for this little swap? (7 spots left)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello fellow Bloggers,

Would anyone be interested in swapping me for some images. I am interested in getting a few Hanna or The greeting Farm images. I know I have seen a few on your sites and would love some.

I have some Magnolia, High Hopes, or Sugar Nellies.

Let me know by PM or on here. I can let you know what I have specifically.

May join the swap later if more sign up.

Thanks,
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello everyone just went around and left some love...

Are they any takers on this image swap it's really simple and fun...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Hello everyone just went around and left some love...

Are they any takers on this image swap it's really simple and fun...
Hi Karen!!

Should I send my images or wait until our group is filled? Hope some more sign up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink Ocean 11 Group's IMAGE SWAP

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafterthoughtsView Post
Hi Karen!!

Should I send my images or wait until our group is filled? Hope some more sign up
Well you should probably with until we get some more takers...I did all of my images too...but we only have three of us so far...

Hey guys come on lets do some image swapping...it's fun, easy, and inexpensive to mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I can switch the deadline if it will help to get more to sign up??? How about tax day April 15th that will give us all two extra weeks to stamp the images...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Is anyone interested in doing this swap? If there will only be three of us then perhaps we should postpone until a later date as it hardly seems worthwhile...I only started it because I thought others were interested perhaps everyone is just over extended right now.

What do you think Kay, Amy and Stephanie???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Is anyone interested in doing this swap? If there will only be three of us then perhaps we should postpone until a later date as it hardly seems worthwhile...I only started it because I thought others were interested perhaps everyone is just over extended right now.

Hi Karen -
I think it would be best to put it on hold and give it a try again later. I think you're right that everyone may be a bit swamped right now. Thanks for trying to get the ball rolling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Hi Karen,
I agree... it's a great idea but personally I can't seem to find my way through what I already have to do! Maybe things will settle down in a few months. Thanks for trying to put this together though!

My BLOG

No card is complete without at least one cat hair
DT: Our Daily Bread designs
Happily a Fan Club Member
Romans 6:23
Reply With Quote Likes