Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEB09VSN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

Title: The Joy of Love
Hostess: Taylor (stagccva)
Keyword: FEB09VSNO
Date: Saturday, Feb 21st
Time: 7:00 pm

For me, everything about love is wrapped up in joy. Being in love brings me joy, being loved brings me joy, participating in activities I love fills me with joy. So the two words, in my mind, are all intermingled.

So my challenge to you is simple -- let's make a Joy Fold Card. No restrictions, other than it has to represent something or someone you love. Maybe you love flowers, and they bring you joy - use them. Or maybe you love the color yellow, and it brings you joy - go for it. Or maybe it brings you joy to make a card for someone you love - totally doable!

If you've never made a Joy Fold Card, here is an excellent tutorial by Beate (who else? ) They are super easy, and super cute. You'll love them!

DON'T FORGET TO ADD a post to your card HERE to get the special VSN coupon code for Jacksonbelle Embellishments!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, February 22nd
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW ALL THE SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Jimmi's sample
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joy fold 003.jpg (55.3 KB, 106 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by mmbc; 03-01-2009 at 11:54 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Lightbulb FEB09VSN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

ALL OF THE CHALLENGES WILL BE POSTED HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Dirty Dozen Alumni

***due to technical difficulties I posted this for the sweet, Janet! Please check the next post for her fab video and awesome samples!

Title: "Sketch a Little Love"
Hostess: Janet (jknorp)
Keyword: FEB09VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, Feb. 20th
Time:5:00pm EST

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i306.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/jandscrafts/SCS/MVI_0714.flv">

What do you love? I love chocolate and coffee. My kids love Rock Band, Guitar Hero and sports. When they were younger one loved Elmo, one loved their blanket, one loved doughnuts and one loved Blues Clues. I have friends that love Miley, the Jonas Brothers, and Taylor Swift. So GET THE KIDS to the stamping table because I want to hear about what you love.

Here's how to play. Follow my sketch, this is the basic card layout. It has the folded card which is the standard size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, a mounted piece of paper which is 4 x 5 1/4, one big circle and one big heart.

I included grungeboard because it is so flexible and lots of bling. If you don't have any grungeboard you can use chipboard. No chipboard, not to worry one sketch heart is used with only paper. No bling that is OK too, one card doesn't have any....It's that easy to play along.

And don't forget to chat with me so I know what you Love!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd, 2009
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND></FIELDSET>

Attachment 135565
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jknorp.jpg (70.3 KB, 334 views)
Watercolor Wizard

Title: For the Love of Chocolate
Hostess: Christi (snowchris)
Keyword: FEB09VSNB
Time: 6:00pm EST

Do you love chocolate? If so, then you know there are many ways to get your chocolate fix, but there are really only three basic categories of chocolate: white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. For today�s challenge, we are going to play with chocolates�the kind that will NOT go to your thighs!

For today�s challenge, you need to choose your favorite type of chocolate, look at the color schemes pictured below, and make a card based upon the color scheme for that type.

The color schemes are shown using Bazzill cardstocks (written in the parenthesis), but I have gone through my Stampin� Up catalog and tried to match to the appropriate SU colors (I do not have the actual colors in hand though, so use your own judgment for a color close to the swatches.)

*White Chocolate...Very Vanilla (vanilla), Certainly Celery (celery), Rose Red (sweetheart), Handsome Hunter (bluegrass)
fortheloveofwhitechocolate.jpg

*Milk Chocolate...Close to Cocoa (mocha), Real Red (maraschino), Almost Amethyst (lavender)
fortheloveofmilkchocolate.jpg

*Dark Chocolate...Chocolate chip (chocolate), Apricot Appeal (apricot), Cameo Coral (flamingo)
fortheloveofdarkchocolate.jpg

FIND ALL OF THE CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image.
4. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white chocolate card.jpg (79.3 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg milk chocolate card.jpg (81.3 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg dark chocolate card.jpg (81.2 KB, 223 views)
Hardware Hotshot

Title: "Bittersweet Love"
Hostess: Kandi (kandicejo)
Keyword: FEB09VSNC
Day/Date: Friday February 20th
Time: 7:00pm EST

I *love* chocolate! Pure, unadulterated chocolate. Smooth, rich, creamy, melt in your mouth greatness. Cacao�s scientific name is Theobroma cacao. Theobroma means �food of the gods�. What�s not to love?!? The process of creating chocolate is fascinating. It starts with a bitter, nasty cacao bean, and after lengthy harvesting and processing, it becomes the luscious chocolate we all know and love.

In the spirit of chocolate making, my challenge to you is to take a stamp set you don�t like, and incorporate it into a lovely, luscious card. You know those stamp sets - the ones you thought "Why in the world did I buy this?", or images you like but haven't been able to make work on a card.

I can�t wait to see your submissions � have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON (SUNDAY, JANUARY 17th (for mini); SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd (for VSN)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNKandi.jpg (86.6 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by jpmayo; 02-20-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Title: "New Love"
Hostess: Paula (mrslaird)
Keyword: FEB09VSND
Day/Date: Friday, Feb 20th
Time: 8:00pm EST

Don't you just love new? I do! I love to get new stamps, new clothes, for my baby to learn a new skill. We just found out we are having a new baby, too! Yay! New rocks!

My challenge is to make a card using the new things you love! Everything on the card (except the cardstock and ink) should be new within the past two months or something you've been hoarding that you've never used before.

I can't wait to see all the new stuff to love!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY FEBRUARY 22.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0006 New Bees VSN.jpg (36.0 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg MrsLaird.jpg (41.5 KB, 168 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: "One True Love"
Hostess: Katherine (beadfreak22)
Keyword: FEB09VSNE
Time: 9:00pm EST

When I think of LOVE, I think of my DH ~ my one-and-only, 'til-the-end-of-time, true blue love. This year we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary!!!

My challenge for you is to celebrate your ONE TRUE LOVE by making a monochromatic card. Your card can use several shades of the same color, and one neutral, too.

Enjoy!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO ADD a post to your card HERE to get the special VSN coupon code for Jacksonbelle Embellishments!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boy Toy.jpg (137.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Red.jpg (132.6 KB, 184 views)
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Title: "Two Hearts Beat As One"
Hostess: Kathy (kkrab5)
Keyword: FEB09VSNF
Time: 10:00pm EST

Ah! You were thinking U2, weren't you? Think back to an earlier era...to the great British bard himself: William Shakespeare. The English poet and playwright is well known for his sonnets and plays that explore all aspects of human life. �Romeo and Juliet� epitomizes the passion of young lovers, but I like a passage from another of Shakespeare�s plays, �The Merchant of Venice.� Portia is the heroine of the play. She is a rich, beautiful, very intelligent heiress, but she is bound by the lottery set forth in her father's will, which gives potential suitors the chance to choose between three caskets consisting of gold, silver and lead. If the suitors choose the right casket they win Portia's hand in marriage. Portia favors Bassanio, but she is not allowed to give him any clues to assist in his choice.

In "The Merchant of Venice," Act 3, Scene II, Portia entreats Bassanio to stay with her for a while, and says to him,

I would detain you here some month or two
Before you venture for me. I could teach you
How to choose right, but I am then forsworn;
So will I never be: so may you miss me;
But if you do, you'll make me wish a sin,
That I had been forsworn. Beshrew your eyes,
They have o'erlook'd me and divided me;
One half of me is yours, the other half yours,
Mine own, I would say; but if mine, then yours,
And so all yours.

To commemorate Portia�s speech, your challenge is to create a card using the split negative technique.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jawinWMsm.jpg (31.5 KB, 164 views)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Title: As You Wish
Hostess: Christy S.
Keyword: FEB09VSNG
Day/Date: Friday, February 20th
Time: 11:00pm EST

Westley: "I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?"
Buttercup: "Well...you were dead."
Westley: "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

Impressive Clergyman: "Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togevah today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam wivin a dweam."

Vizzini: "Inconceivable!"

Westley: "As you wish."

Inigo: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Miracle Max: "Have fun storming the castle!"

I love this movie so much, I have been known to watch it multiple times in a single day. My family quotes this movie back and forth on a regular basis. I used part of the score as music in my wedding ceremony. I'm referring of course to that wonderful classic 80s fairy tale with a twist, The Princess Bride. What's it about? "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles"...so not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill, ho-hum fairytale :mrgreen: (I had a movie poster that said that!)

My challenge is for you to make a card inspired by a quote from The Princess Bride. If you can't quote the entire screenplay from memory like I can, check out the Princess Bride Quotes Page on IMDB. Don't forget to share the quote you used as inspiration in your card description when you upload!

My two samples for this challenge are below. The first one was inspired by Inigo saying, "I wonder if he's using the same wind we are using?" referring to the pirate ship that was following them to the Cliffs of Insanity. The second was inspired kind of by the movie as a whole, as well as the song that plays over the end credits, which says "Our love is like a storybook story." I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd.
Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attachment 135652
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Princess Bride Use Wind SC212.jpg (48.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Princess Bride Fairy Tale SC196.jpg (48.3 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg ChristyS.jpg (56.1 KB, 138 views)
Die Cut Diva

Title: "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things"
Hostess: Sarah (superglew)
Keyword: FEB09VSNH-KIDS
Date: Sat. Feb. 21st
Time: 12:00pm EST

Everyone LOVES the movie classic, "The Sound of Music." The story is filled with touching LOVE stories: romantic LOVE, familial LOVE, young LOVE, divine LOVE, LOVE of friends, LOVE of country.

Besides LOVE between and among different persons, there is LOVE of life and LOVE of things:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

The Von Trapp children have a great time creating things together in the movie. Don’t we all just LOVE the costumes Maria creates for them out of the old draperies? And, of course, they create beautiful music under Maria’s guidance, too.

This is a KIDS "OF ALL AGES" CHALLENGE! Clear off a corner of the table, and let your kids (or anyone else’s for that matter) create with you, whether they are "sixteen going on seventeen" or little ones who will soon say "the sun has gone to bed and so must I."

Display your LOVE of color and a few of your favorite things in this challenge:
1. Include at least one color from the song: rose, brown, blue, cream, white and copper.

2. Use things from the song: roses, whiskers, kittens, kettles, mittens, ponies, geese, snowflakes, bees, dogs, snowflkes, moons, apples, etc...

3. Tie it up with string! Just put some string, ribbon, yarn, twine, thread, whatever, on your card somewhere.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd (for VSN)
Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Superglew's Favorite Things.jpg (78.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Ellie's Favorite Things.jpg (54.2 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by mmbc; 02-21-2009 at 08:09 AM..
kraf*T*y mama

Title: �You�re My Obsession�
Hostess: Tessa (shastess)
Keyword: FEB09VSNH
Day/Date: Sat. Feb. 21st
Time: 12:00pm EST

When love goes beyond rational it can become an obsession!

Like the song by Animotion

My fantasy has turned to madness
And all my goodness
Has turned to badness
My need to possess you
Has consumed my soul
My life is trembling
I have no control

I will have you
Yes, I will have you
I will find a way and I will have you
Like a butterfly
A wild butterfly
I will collect you and capture you

I am an obsessive person by nature � good thing I don�t drink or smoke!
I get hooked on things and HAVE to have them!

At one point I had around 100 pairs of shoes! Shoes are so great!
Gain weight lose weight shoes stay the same!
I have built an entire outfit from the shoes up!

TV and Book Series, I get into a series and go nuts! I read all 4 Twilight books in about a week! Let�s just say I didn�t sleep much!

We all have an obsession/addiction/fetish and I wanna know what it is � hopefully not a person �no stalkers please!
The Challenge: Use your obsession to inspire a card and create a card based on your obsession! Is it chocolate? Shopping? Stamping? Greys? Get creative you can find images online to print off for fun like I did for one of my cards!

I have two examples for you. The first is a Twilight card I made awhile ago using printed images and the second is about my shoe obsession. I just love that Bella and think she�s perfect for anyone with a shoe obsession!

Thanks for playing! Can�t wait to see what you create!

Here is the link to my Twilight Card TEAM EDWARD

And here is the link to my SHOE Obsession Card: BELLA SHOES

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY: 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd

4. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

FIND ALL THE CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feb09vsnh.jpg (44.0 KB, 125 views)

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking FEB09VSN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

Title: "Melt My Heart"
Hostess: Emily (stampingout)
Keyword: FEB09VSNI
Time: 1:00pm EST

Who likes to color? ME, ME, ME! In this challenge we will be doing the melted crayon background technique found HERE. You don't have to be able to color in the lines to do this challenge! If you can scribble, then this is the challenge for you!

This technique is easy, fun and gives fabulous results. Please let us know your crayon "recipe". We want to know if you used crayola cerulean blue or just plain blue! Others may want to replicate your beautiful paper!

This would be a great challenge that your older children may be able to do with help. My seven year old thought it was really cool to color the crayon on. I made sure to hold the handle of the iron until he was finished, and I did not let him actually iron the color onto the paper.

So come on ladies...MELT my heart! Let me see those beautiful melted crayon backgrounds!

Link to my card HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

SEE ALL OF THE CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

My sample, Jimmi's (jpmayo) sample:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melt my heart thumbnail.jpg (107.6 KB, 127 views)

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Mad Swapper

Cool FEB09VSN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

FEB09VSNJ � SAT. FEB. 21 � 2:00PM(EST) � WINDOW INTO MY SOUL � CHAT THREAD

Title: "Window Into My Soul" (using acetate)
Hostess: Jenny (irishjen)
Keyword: FEB09VSNJ
Day/Date: SAT FEB. 21ST
Time: 2:00PM(EST)

It is said that people who love you can see right to your soul no matter what you look like on the outside.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEoR-9N5Xc8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEoR-9N5Xc8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My challenge is to create a card that uses acetate or clear on the front or as the entire card. If you don�t have an acetate card you can use transparency pages, report covers for a colored look, saran wrap if you are going to create a window effect or sacrifice that page protector�its in the name of love so just do it . If you choose to do an entire card you can put cardstock inside to write your sentiments.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND
5. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.jpg (38.7 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0161.jpg (42.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnj 002.jpg (31.5 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by jpmayo; 02-21-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FEB09VSNK ~ Saturday, Feb. 21st ~ 3:00pm EST ~ "Long Lost Love" ~ Chat Thread
Title: Long Lost Love
Hostess: Natalie (dougnat)
Keyword: FEB09VSNK
Date: Sat, Feb. 21st
Time: 3:00pm EST

Before we start our challenge today , I want you to take a moment and think back to the day you saw that special stamp�maybe it was across a crowded stamp store. You knew right then you just HAD to have it�it was love at first sight. But after using this stamp time or two the excitement wore off and you tucked this stamp in a drawer never to see ink again. (I hope I�m not the only one who has done this!)

The card I made for this challenge features a stamp from D.O.T.S. or Dozen's of Terrific Stamps now known as Close to My Heart! yep, it's at least 10 years old and I just HAD to have this set and I think I've actually only used any part of it 3 or so times. The red checkered paper is also from D.O.T.S. and is a little newer than the stamp!!

My challenge for you is to find a LONG LOST stamp(s) give it a little squeeze, renew that friendship and then ink those babies up! Create something new, fresh and fun with your older stamps; renew that love that has been long lost.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM on Sunday, February 22
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge is recommended to avoid typos.

My sample, jenniB04, jpmayo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3808.JPG (122.6 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Dougnat.jpg (67.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnk 003.jpg (37.7 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by jpmayo; 02-21-2009 at 11:12 AM..

Title: "A Wee Bit O' Love"
Hostess: Denise (Resqbarbie)
Keyword: FEB09VSNL
Time: 4:00pm EST

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aM4rDGeOeY8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>

Here is the challenge for anyone not able to view the video...

Let�s face it...we all go ga ga over tiny things....babies, cupcakes, kittens, INCHIES! Tiny things are just soooo cute and loveable! For this challenge I want to see your cutest and tiniest creations made with inchies. For those of you not familiar, inchies are 1 X 1 inch squares of cuteness. You can use stamps, pictures, designs or anything you want. But you must use at least 3 of them on your creation...more is great too!

Here are some sites for more info on inchies:

Inchie Inklings *Leave a comment for Ellen, tell her Denise sent ya!

carved stamps

Stampington & Co.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

FIND ALL THE CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

Samples:
resqbarbie, jpmayo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2843.jpg (47.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnl.jpg (53.8 KB, 139 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: �CELEBRITY CRUSH�
Hostess: KELLY/SCHIRMCAT
Keyword: FEB09VSNM
Day/Date: SAT FEB. 21ST
Time: 5:00PM(EST)

Remember the Friends episode when Ross made his list of people that Rachel was OK with... those people that if he met and had a fling with, she couldn't yell because they were on his "list"...and for the whole episode he kept changing his "list" and said it wasn't his "list" until it was laminated...and he had Isabella Rossellini on his first list, but then changed it and laminated it...and then Isabella walked into Central Perk at the end? HeeHee!

Well WHO is on YOUR list? What celebrity would be at the very top of your laminated list of crushes...well mine is MATTHEW FOX! I have loved him since Party of Five when he played Charlie Salinger, and now I love him as Jack in LOST!!

So my challenge to all of you, is to make a card inspired by YOUR CELEBRITY crush...and there is only ONE rule...you cannot say your husband or boyfriend or significant other, unless Angelina you are playing this challenge, and you pick Brad as your crush, lol!
Be inspired by TV stars, movie stars, soap opera stars, rock stars...from years past or currently a regular feature on Entertainment Tonight! You don't have to include their picture (I don't think there is a Matthew Fox stamp or dp out there that I know of!). You can be inspired by a theme of their movie or one of their songs.
For example, if you like Harrison Ford, you can do a space card in tribute to Star Wars....or if you like Jon BonJovi, you can make a card about one of his songs...or New Jersey, hee! Or you can clip out a picture from People Magazine, or copy a photo from the Internet...any way you want to profess your crush is fine by me!

Oh, and one more rule...your card title has to be �I heart �celebrity name��...so here is my sample entitled "I {heart} Matthew Fox!" Here he is LOST in love, and surrounded by his PARTY OF FIVE mushrooms, hee!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND
5. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

my sample and jimmi's sample:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB09VSNJ, I {heart} Matthew Fox.jpg (100.8 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnm.jpg (64.3 KB, 154 views)

Gingham Girl
Stazon Splitcoast

FEB09VSNN ~ SAT. FEB. 21 ~ 6:00PM EST ~ "LOVE Starts With L" ~ Chat Thread

Title: "LOVE Starts With L"
Hostess: Robyn (Robyn O)
Keyword: FEB09VSNN
Day/Date: Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009
Time: 6:00pm (EST)

Lettie Lou loves lavender and lace and Lucious Lucinda likes linen and lilacs while Lavern loves the letter L.<o></o>
Do you see where this is going? <o></o>
Since the Theme of this VSN �What�s LOVE got to do with it?� <o></o>
and Love starts with the letter �L�, my Challenge is for you to create a card using only items that start with the letter L , except for the card stock/paper and adhesive. (ex: Lavender colored CS or ink, Lilac colored CS or ink, lace, letters, linen, lilac flowers, leather, lines, etc.)

Please explain the �L�s� you used. Example would be: I used Lavender and Lilac colored CS and Ink with the Lace behind the stamp of Lilacs with lots of Letters in the verse stamp.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:<o></o>
1.ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd <o></o>
2.You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3.Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. <o></o>
4.Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: LOVE Starts with L

Samples by: Robyn O

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Lovely Lavender, Lace & Lilies.JPG (52.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnn.jpg (37.8 KB, 105 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

FEB09VSNP � SAT. FEB. 21 � 8:00PM � SOME MAN BE THINKIN� ABOUT YOU � CHAT THREAD

Title: Some Man �Be Thinking About YOU�
Hostess: Collette (heavensent)
Keyword: FEB09VSNP
Date of Challenge: SAT. FEB. 21st
Time: 8:00pm (EST)

I�m so excited to be hosting a challenge for the very first time � Hope you�re all enjoying all the fabulous challenges all of the Heartbreakers have set out for you � Thanks, in advance, for playing along with my challenge and all the rest of them.

My challenge is to make a card that a MAN would send to any female (wife, girlfriend, mom � even sister, daughter, whatever).

Sounds simple enough, right? The catch is you have to follow these rules �

1. Color combination: Kraft, Navy, Vanilla (or similar colors if non-SU colors)

2. No ribbon, no primas/flowers (Uh Oh). Feel free to substitute strips of DP or card stock, border punched or pierced � be creative in making faux ribbon. Have those floral punches? Use those to fill that �prima-need�.

3. 3 Brads � no more no less � (Not 4 - not 2)�3 on the whole card.

4. Your stamped image must be from Nature � as in Botanicals � leaves, flowers, trees, etc. (No adorable Hedgehogs or Bella�s, no Riley�s or House Mice, no Whiff's or Sugar Nellies, etc.)

DON'T FORGET TO ADD a post to your card by Clicking HERE to get the special VSN coupon code for Jacksonbelle Embellishments!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS

Attached Images
File Type: jpg feb09vsnp.jpg (28.6 KB, 118 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Kim can't be here tonight so I am posting her awesome challenge for her. I am also here if you have any questions!

Title: "Ode To Jimmi"
Hostess: Kim / nutsymuhl
Keyword: FEB09VSNQ
Time: 9:00pm EST

Everyone loves receiving cards or letters, letting them know how much they are appreciated. I've made some of my very closest friends through VSN and get so excited with I see happy mail from them. I'm not the best reciprocator, but I try.

My challenge to you is to make a card for someone that means a lot to you. Your hubby, your boyfriend, your BFF....BUT....there is a twist!!!

Some of you may not know, but our FABULOUS CO, Jimmi, does NOT like hearts!!! ***GASP*** Isn't that shocking considering the theme of VSN? LOL!!

In honor of our FABULOUS CO, Jimmi, you may NOT use the colors pink, red, or white and NO HEARTS!!! Make an Ode to Jimmi card for someone you love and make their day.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd

My sample, Sherry's sample, Jimmi's sample
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MYVSNsamplekimmuhl%20001 (2).jpg (39.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg FEB09VSNQ Ode To Jimmi thumbnail.jpg (46.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by JenniB04; 02-21-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: Tickle Your Fancy
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: FEB09VSNR
Day/Date: Sat, Feb 21
Time: 10:00 PM

Oh when you're newly in love don'tcha just giggle all the time?? Everything your love says is either sweet or intelligent or funny!!! And you really do spend time just enjoying the little things together. You are just so "tickled" at life in general!!!! So....just what tickles your fancy??

Feather pillow fights?

A warm and cozy Down Feather Coat?

Sweet Love Birds?

Have you guessed yet??

For this challenge I want you to use FEATHERS somewhere in your challenge!!! A feather stamp, charm, photo, actual feathers, a boa, etc.......you get the idea!!! Just let your imagination run wild and have some Feathery Fun!!!! I can't wait to see your creations!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY FEB. 22nd.

SEE ALL OF THE CARDS FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

My sample and Jimmi's (jpmayo) sample:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB09VSNR.jpg (56.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg feb09vsnr .jpg (62.0 KB, 95 views)

Is Your Heart in Good Shape?

Title: "Heart Shaped"
Hostess: Cav (Maggie�s Mummy)
Keyword: FEB09VSNS
Time: 11:00pm EST

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s47.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/winkydobbybabby/VSNChallengeVideo.flv"></embed>

Your Heart is said to be the central organ of your body � it�s where your passion starts. I�m sure you�ve all heard the saying, �listen to your Heart, not your head� when referring to matters of Love and all things mushy!!!!!!

Your Heart is said to skip a beat when a special someone is near. Your Heart will sometimes beat faster in anticipation of Love.

If Love is taken from us we are Heartbroken. If we are the ones to end Love, we are Heartbreakers.

The Heart is probably the most common symbol of Love, recognized worldwide. We use the Heart symbol in emails and text messages in these modern times to represent the word Love. I believe that my fellow hostesses certainly believe this to be true judging by how many of us chose a Heart as our Avatar for this round of VSN!!!!!!

So, it seems only fitting that we have this challenge � my challenge to you � Heart Shaped.

You can make a Heart Shaped card; decorate a Heart Shaped box; embellish a Heart Shaped Plaque; make a Heart Shaped photo frame � anything that is in the shape of a Heart. Your base starting point must be the shape of a Heart.

As a bonus � use your project to show us who (or what) you�re passionate about. Your Plaque could be a name plate for someone special in your life (or in the case of my example, for my Craft Room!!!). Make a card for your nearest and dearest. Create a photo frame to hold a photo of a child � the possibilities are endless � and you are only limited by your own Heart!!!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd