Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Sorting" Stamps?

Do you separate your SU stamp sets? Like all greetings together, no matter what set they came from? Or all flowers together? Do you sort by size? Or some other way? And, if you do separate them, do you use some sort of code to indicate which set they came from? Do you have a "master list" with an index somehow?

I am trying to decide what to do with all mine and how best to do it! Thanks, in advance, for sharing your great ideas.

~B
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have a customer who does this. She has all her Christmas together, Birthday, etc. I don't think she has a master list as she's NEVER planning on getting rid of any ;) Sorry I can't give you more info on it.... But I'll try and send her this thread and MAYBE she'll be able to answer for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

My friend does this too all her stamps. She said it very useful, she also never plans on selling them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, yes, yes, I have almost all my sets broken out by category. I have a few sets where I always use the stamps togehter and I keep those in a misc. drawer. There are a lot of ways people sort their stamps, size, company, mounted, unmounted, etc. but I don't want to look in multiple places so I keep every type, company, etc. in one place by category. I also store seasonal stamps separately so they aren't in the way when not in use. These I store by (Winter/Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fall/Halloween, Spring, Summer). I bought the Iris project boxes in colors so I can instantly tell what they are and I added a lable (Winter - clear, fall - orange, Spring - pink, summer - blue).

I know there are people that couldn't imagine breaking out the sets and I can't imagine having to dig out multiple sets. I find it much easier to go the birthday drawer to find all the birthday related items (cakes,candles, sentiments, etc.).

My sister has resisted breaking downher sets but she's now comming over to the darkside because she's finding out how much easier it is.

I do keep a catalog of what stamps go in a set so if I ever wanted to reassemble them I could. If it is a SU set, I photocopy the lables before I stick them on the wood. If they are clear sets, I photocopy the set, and if they are rubber I just stamp them on my catalog page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

I wold like to do something like this, however, there are sets that do not fit a specific category. By that I mean, you could use them for most any occasion. How do you categorize them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:13 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

And I would like to type better. lol would not wold
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I am the opposite way. I have all my stamps in sets, but I have an index that has all my stamps by category. So I can see, at a glance what birthday stamps, for example, I have and go get that set. I also did a master sentiment list that took up its own binder for just sentiments in every category. I have included clear and non SU stamps as well. It took the better part of 2 weeks, has over 25 categories, and is in 4 binders but it was well worth it. Even my dd now wants the 'books' when she wants to stamp something.

So all my stamps stay together, which satisfies my OCD side, and I get to see what I have, so I get things done, and don't spend all my time staring at the sides of a bunch of plastic boxes. (Unmounting is my next project, but not yet...)

Pamela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
When I started stamping back in 1995 is when I started breaking sets apart. I too am one of those who doesn't sell off stamps when they retire. They spend their golden years at my house, I care for them, LOL!!!

Log 1 - written log on old accounting papers, this is chronological. I write date of purchase, name of stamp (I have pages for wheels, pages for single stamps, and pages for sets). I include the maker, mounting style (wood, foam, etc.), quantity (useful for sets), original price, purchase price and notes (like if it was a gift and from whom).

Log 2 - All stamp log. Every image I own is stamped in these binders, for me it's like a visual catalog. It's now two smaller binders (I have a lot of stamps) and I just use 3 hole punched copy paper. I use binder dividers, write a category, and sub categories if needed. Example: alphabets, animals, food, floral, halloween, wheels, words, etc. I have a lot of categories. Inside a category sub categories like for animals - dogs, cats, birds, sea life, wild animals, farm, etc. Floral - cute (whimsical styled or folk styled stuff), roses, sunflowers, misc, trees, on stuff (florals on gates, benches), etc. Words are seperated by sentiment - birthday, thank you, thinking of you, and so on.

Log 3 - Set Log. Same principal, binder with copy paper, all the images of a set get stamped on this page together. It's not fancy or formal, I draw a line under the images and stamp the next set. I can get 2 or 3 sets on a page. I write the name of the set, maker and number of images. That way if I ever need the sentiment to go with image, or a stamp gets seperated from it's set I can match it up.

90% of my images are unmounted, some are too big for the blocks I have, or are too thin to unmount. I didn't unmount my wheels either, I like them on the wheel, that's how I use them. The stamps are stored and categorized like Log 2, it just makes it easy to find the images I'm looking for. I do keep seasonal sets together.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ladybugstamper2; 01-24-2009 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Forgot something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I used to store my stampa by catalogories, but then found that I was limited myself so now I merely keep my SU sets organized alphabetically in drawers at my stamping desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Very interesting as I am getting to the stage where I need to decide this. At the moment I have a stamped image catalogue in sets, but increasingly I struggle to find what I want.

I think splitting sets into catagories may be a good idea.

Come & visit my BLOG: http://elizabethscraftroom.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly ChickView Post
I am the opposite way. I have all my stamps in sets, but I have an index that has all my stamps by category. So I can see, at a glance what birthday stamps, for example, I have and go get that set. I also did a master sentiment list that took up its own binder for just sentiments in every category. I have included clear and non SU stamps as well. It took the better part of 2 weeks, has over 25 categories, and is in 4 binders but it was well worth it. Even my dd now wants the 'books' when she wants to stamp something.

So all my stamps stay together, which satisfies my OCD side, and I get to see what I have, so I get things done, and don't spend all my time staring at the sides of a bunch of plastic boxes. (Unmounting is my next project, but not yet...)

Pamela
I like this! I can't separate my sets, because I like to keep them together alphabetized. I'd say how you organize things is just my style! Now I've got a weekend project:-D.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back when I used only SU I would have never ever separated them. But I have started to get several single stamps (Penny Black, Whiff of Joy etc.) and it is more useful to me to have just the words handy. I put all the birthday ones together in a SU background box, then thank you's, etc. It works out great for me, I have them right by my desk and it allows me to see right away what different sayings I have for one occasion.
However I did not start sorting them yet by flowers or occasions. Not sure if I am going to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I can't imagine sorting all my SU! set like that. Mixing them up and taking them off the block YIKES is what I say. I have bought the SU! clear cases off ebay and sorted my lose stamps together. Like I put all of my bellas together in one, all the sayings in a couple others, disney togther, so on and so on......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #14  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

All I can say is ....you ladies are amazing to say the very least....so organized and can I come play at your house and see these in action? LOL You have much to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisView Post
All I can say is ....you ladies are amazing to say the very least....so organized and can I come play at your house and see these in action? LOL You have much to be proud of.
Better still...could you come to MY house and play, lol? Preferably someone with OCD that would NEED to help me organize?

I used to store all of my stamps like this...in categories. It wasn't until I signed up to be an SU demo that I kept sets together. It does have its downside...I remember when I sold a few Stampin Up sets many years ago, I inadvertently left out a stamp from a set. Years passed by the time I realized it, and Ebay records don't go back far enough to find the person who bought the set.

So now my SU sets are all kept in sets. All of my loose stamps, though, are kept in 11x16 trays broken into categories. Occasions go in a tray until I have enough of one (eg birthdays) type to merit its own separate tray. One thing I do not have is a reference tool to help me locate them, unfortunately. To see what I have, I have to look in each tray.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I only have about 30 SU sets. Most of my stamps are not SU. I have only separated one set (Happy Winter). The SU holiday sets I keep in their original cases and keep them in the same drawer with my other stamps categorized by that specific holiday(Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentines,St.Pattys etc.). My other sets are stacked on shelves in my stamp room and P-touched labelled with large letters so I can see them easily from a distance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

ive unmounted all my stamps, have them in cd cases by categories as well, its been much easier, and that way i use up all the stamps i have, and not forget i had a stamp ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alphabetical order by company...alll sets kept together...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I keep all of my SU! stamps in their original cases, and I organize them on my shelves based on size and occasion. My background stamps are stacked in one pile, while my sentiments are in another, and Halloween/Christmas/Easter are in behind all the others, as I only need these ones a certain time of year, so it's not a problem if I don't have easy access to them.

It took me awhile to come up with a system that works for me, but I've finally found one that suits me perfectly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Two years ago I bought 2 six drawer cabinets. They are stacked on top of each other. I separated my SU sets that were mixed, and put them in categories in the drawers. My SU sets that are all one category, I keep alphabetical on shelves. The rest of my stamps are in open boxes, labeled on the outside so I can see them at a glance, mixiing mounted, unmounted and clear. I have titles such as: Western, Kids, birds, butterflies, fish, women, hobbies, etc. My bg stamps and monogram are in a tall, narrow bookcase that my DH added shelves to, and I wrote with sharpies on their sides so I could place them side by side. Works for me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

It is very interesting to see what everyone does and their thinking process. For better or worse my stamp sets are still mounted. I have filing cabinet drawers and some on shelves. I store them up on edge with the opening up and the label on that side so I can read it. I do keep the sets together as it makes it easier to coordinate. I have one drawer for Nature (flowers, trees, animals), one drawer for Words and sentiments, and one drawer for miscellaneous. On the shelve I have my backgrounds, a place for birthday, a place for christmas, and one for valentines. My non-set stamps are grouped together in video cases in like groups. So far it works for me. Hope it gives you some ideas! Have fun.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

I was just scrolling through the forum's, and at first I thought this thread's subject was "snorting stamps". I thought, boy, these people are some fanatics. lol

I guess I need a nap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I just leave all my SU! stamps in their original plastic boxes, and they are in totally NO order at all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine separating stamp sets! I have enough trouble remembering where I got PP from, that I would NEVER remember which stamps go to which sets to give credit when I use them. But maybe that's not so important? Now you gals have really got me thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

I have unmounted all but my largest stamps. (These I find stamp better if I leave them mounted. (Due to their size they don't fit in my CD cases anyway! LOL)
Each CD case is done according to subject matter as some of you have mentioned. The CD cover has a stamped image of each stamp within the case PLUS a colour sticker on the bottom with a number on it. (I will explain this in a sec. I also have a small booklet with colour coded dividers in it. This is where I got the idea to colour code my CD cases. SO for example the CD cases with my word, greetings and alphabet stamps have a blue sticker on it. The number refers to which blue case the stamp is in. In my booklet though I might have the same image stamped in 2 (or more) places, depending upon categories. For example my mini daisy stamp is on a page in my book dedicated to mini flower stamps and on another page that is full of all size daisy stamps, yet in my CD case it is in a CD with all my daisy stamps. The spine also has a descriptive title that helps me identify the contents as I use my booklet mostly when planing purchases. SO some of my SU sets are still together (mostly) as many sets are already well co-ordinated but the greeting is most likely stored elsewhere as I might use the greeting with many other stamp images. I couldn't find my camera just now. I could take a photo if anyone wants clarification.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Michelle:

When you find your camera, could you take a pic and post it? I'm just starting stamping but I have stamps I've accumulated and I need to get them organized!

Thanks,
Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Yes, yes, yes, I have almost all my sets broken out by category. I have a few sets where I always use the stamps togehter and I keep those in a misc. drawer. There are a lot of ways people sort their stamps, size, company, mounted, unmounted, etc. but I don't want to look in multiple places so I keep every type, company, etc. in one place by category. I also store seasonal stamps separately so they aren't in the way when not in use. These I store by (Winter/Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fall/Halloween, Spring, Summer). I bought the Iris project boxes in colors so I can instantly tell what they are and I added a lable (Winter - clear, fall - orange, Spring - pink, summer - blue).

I know there are people that couldn't imagine breaking out the sets and I can't imagine having to dig out multiple sets. I find it much easier to go the birthday drawer to find all the birthday related items (cakes,candles, sentiments, etc.).

My sister has resisted breaking downher sets but she's now comming over to the darkside because she's finding out how much easier it is.

I do keep a catalog of what stamps go in a set so if I ever wanted to reassemble them I could. If it is a SU set, I photocopy the lables before I stick them on the wood. If they are clear sets, I photocopy the set, and if they are rubber I just stamp them on my catalog page.
I do this too! I love to have all my stuff grouped together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sorting Stamps

Hi,

I have a binder I keep where I have stamped the set onto a blank piece of paper and add the title. I have numbered all my stamp sets on the box and in the binder so it's easy to find one. I like that I don't have to be in my stamp room to pick a stamp set or think of an idea. I grab my little dollar store binder and go through. The binder is divided into a Stampin Up section and a miscellaneous section for other stamps. This way I may have a page of the miscellaneous stamps I've picked up and forgot about. I also keep my list of supplies in my binder to remind me of what techniques I have the tools to do. i.e. crimper - it's hidden away but when I see it on the list it reminds me to use it. The list also tells me which drawer or cupboard I have the supply in because I hate searching and the list certainly grows. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a list of my SU stamp sets. Each has a number. I copy the stamp picture from the catalog and write the set's number on that paper. Then I use a marker and write that set's number on the side of the wooden handle. When I use stamps from several sets I can always get it back in the right box by looking at the number. Each box also has the name and number of stamps which were purchased together, so if I ever want to sell a set I can be sure they are all there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb SU Stamp Set Book

I scan a picture of each stamp set that I purchase and then organize them according to type - Holidays, Birthday, Friendship - Thinking of you - Sentiments (Sympathy)-flowers- etc - in some cases where there's multi types in a set, I copy the page or stamp the image on a seperate piece of paper -I then file the pages in a notebook with the same tabs- My stamps are then filed in a cabinet drawer with the same title - it's a little work but worth it in the long run - I do keep a "master list" but find that's the hardest- keeping the cross reference up to date- but at least there's some system in place -

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieBrownView Post
Do you separate your SU stamp sets? Like all greetings together, no matter what set they came from? Or all flowers together? Do you sort by size? Or some other way? And, if you do separate them, do you use some sort of code to indicate which set they came from? Do you have a "master list" with an index somehow?

I am trying to decide what to do with all mine and how best to do it! Thanks, in advance, for sharing your great ideas.

~B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I am in the process of reorganizing my craft room and, in the process, my stamps. I am printing a copy of the SU index page from this website to put in a binder. All my SU stamp sets will stay together in their original boxes. It just seems right to me. If I can find some empty SU boxes from when I was a demonstrator I will put the few non-SU stamps in them by category...I think! LOL! I guess I do like the idea of the stamp sets staying in a set, though. I don't have the dexterity in my hands anymore to unmount everything; even the idea scares me. So far, I haven't tried the unmounted stamps. I have labeled the side of each set so I can see them from my chair and I have plenty of shelving above my work area, so that isn't a problem. I love hearing all your ideas though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb SU Sets

Just an opinion, but I agree about keeping your stamps in the original sets, I really like keeping them protected in their plastic boxes - and they fit really nice in my file cabinet - I bought one of those bigger cabinets (4 large drawers) at Walmart for around $50 and sure does beat using all the little white ones on wheels, and the top of the cabinet is a perfect work space - just had to move some of the labels to the top instead of the side to fit better standing up -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #33  
Gallery Gazer

I scan mine too when i get them before mounting..........and print two copies......one goes in a book in a page protector and the other goes into the bottom of the stamp set.........that way if i take one stamp out for some reason, I can check the bottom of stamp set to see if it belongs there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do almost exactly what you have for Log 2, but besides using 3-hole punched copy paper divided into subject categories (e.g., Christian, Words, Backgrounds, Fish, Animals, etc.) I also have a section divided by manufacturer (e.g., SU, Prairie Rubber Stamps, Comotion, etc.). The latter is essential as I trade images a lot. Everwhere the stamp sample occurs, I (try to) write how it is mounted (e.g., "UM" for unmounted, "Cling" for cling mounted, "WM" for wood mounted).

Most of my stamps are unmounted onto cling, except for (a) some SU stamps that have sentiments that go with specific images (e.g., SU Little Hellos), which I put the image on the broad part of the wood, and the sentiment on another side of the wood, so they can be used together OR independently), plus (b) some small peg stamps (they stamp better when left on their mounts) and (c) some rather large stamps (they also stamp better when left on their mounts).

I LOVE unmounted stamps, they are so much cheaper to buy and so much easier to store! The UM stamps are kept in 3-ring binders, where they cling to stiff sheets of plastic or are kept in "page protectors."

Pax et bonum,

Carol in Korea

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!
When I started stamping back in 1995 is when I started breaking sets apart. I too am one of those who doesn't sell off stamps when they retire. They spend their golden years at my house, I care for them, LOL!!!

Log 1 - written log on old accounting papers, this is chronological. I write date of purchase, name of stamp (I have pages for wheels, pages for single stamps, and pages for sets). I include the maker, mounting style (wood, foam, etc.), quantity (useful for sets), original price, purchase price and notes (like if it was a gift and from whom).

Log 2 - All stamp log. Every image I own is stamped in these binders, for me it's like a visual catalog. It's now two smaller binders (I have a lot of stamps) and I just use 3 hole punched copy paper. I use binder dividers, write a category, and sub categories if needed. Example: alphabets, animals, food, floral, halloween, wheels, words, etc. I have a lot of categories. Inside a category sub categories like for animals - dogs, cats, birds, sea life, wild animals, farm, etc. Floral - cute (whimsical styled or folk styled stuff), roses, sunflowers, misc, trees, on stuff (florals on gates, benches), etc. Words are seperated by sentiment - birthday, thank you, thinking of you, and so on.

Log 3 - Set Log. Same principal, binder with copy paper, all the images of a set get stamped on this page together. It's not fancy or formal, I draw a line under the images and stamp the next set. I can get 2 or 3 sets on a page. I write the name of the set, maker and number of images. That way if I ever need the sentiment to go with image, or a stamp gets seperated from it's set I can match it up.

90% of my images are unmounted, some are too big for the blocks I have, or are too thin to unmount. I didn't unmount my wheels either, I like them on the wheel, that's how I use them. The stamps are stored and categorized like Log 2, it just makes it easy to find the images I'm looking for. I do keep seasonal sets together.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

I have mine sorted by category in plastic trays-
stamp storage by wendykins at Splitcoaststampers Thisis an old picture and there are way more stamps now, LOL. The trays stack and they are right next to my table. I keep them by Birthday, Animals, Baby/Wedding, Flowers, Trees, Christmas/Holiday, etc. I also make two scans of the labels. One goes in the box(which I store downstairs) and one goes in my stamp log. I also right on the side of the block, what set it comes from. All of my reitred sets are stored that way and only a few of my current, because I am a demo, I like to have them ready for sample making. It works great for me---If you are thinking about doing it, I would suggest starting with senitments---this one make the most sense for most people. It makes it easier to see all your birthday sentiments, to choose the one that fits the size or font. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:27 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

What is the benefit to unmounting your SU stamps? Is it just for easier storing? I haven't heard of this before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Oh my, so many ideas - I realize that I need to get a system but just the idea of starting is enough to make me crazy. I think my first step should be to stamp each image and put in a binder so I at least can get an idea of what I do have. I will return and try to determine my next step when I get project #1 done. Thanks for all the ideas. Gerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't separate sets ~ it wouldn't help me find them because I remember them as sets. Also, SU sets are really designed to complement eachother so to me it makes sense to keep them together. I don't have the quantity a lot of people have and that makes it easier.

I store my SU stamps unmounted in CD cases, in 12 x 12 three-drawer units. The drawers are divided into categories with up to 24 CD cases in each drawer. I have Sentiments, Occasions, Trees and Wildlife, Flowers, Nature, Scenes, Kids, and Christmas.

I needed some drawer space and wanted to combine some of the categories so I recently "purged" ~ which for now means the ones I'm willing to let go are stored in a box. There's a waiting period to see if I cave in and keep some of them, but when time allows they'll go to BST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #39  
Embossing Fanatic

I can't imagine seperating my SU stamps! A few years back I purchased white shoe closet organizers. Each cubby holds 4 small--or 3 medium--or even 2 large SU stamps in their plastic containers. I relabeled them with large letters so I can find them at a glance. There are 20 cubbies (I think) in each organizer. For my loose stamps i purchsed 12 x 12 organizers. I put a sheet of white 12 x12 paper down inside and stamped the image of the stamp inside. This is nice because I always know if one is missing! They also store very nice! I am a stamp junky so this system has worked for me for quite a while! Plus it does not take up to much space. They are really nice for those small $1 stamps at the local craft store that I have to have. The box holds atleast 33 of the 1x3 stamps or 24 of the 2x2 or 3x3 stamps. The boxes have lids that lock down and are clear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

I color code my sets. I used an excel spreadsheet to list all of my sets and the number of stamps in the set. The flower/garden sets are in green, birthdays are orange, valentines/hearts in pink, etc. I cut apart a copy of the spreadsheet and attached the appropriate label to the side of the set (just like an su label).
Reply With Quote Likes