Thread: anything pirate
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
1chrystal
Matboard Maniac

I had a pirate party for my ds this summer. Sadly, the extra card I made for his scrapbook was given away when one of his friends lost the original card he was given I spent weeks agonizing over them. My favourite places for pirate stamps is Inky Antics, and High Hopes. CHF also has a nice set I would like.

I made sashes (1/2 kids got red sashes, and 1/2 kids got black ones) for the kids to wear. I separated them into 2 teams and we played pirate games. Some of the kids wore their sashes on their heads like Captn Jack Sparrow, and others wore them around their waist. I just bought a bit of fabric and tore it into lengths. Everyone got eye patches and a few gold coins (chocolate), temporary tattoo's and pirate gold gum in a loot bag--bought at Dollarama here in Canada. I avoided the swords for highly exciteable 8yo boys. We played games like Cannonballs (black water balloons), and Musical Islands. Had a treasure hunt -- clues made using a stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. For lunch we had hot dogs And I purchased a mini-keg of Root Beer from Costco in the U.S. for $5 +deposit. The boys really enjoyed themselves.

This site has some great ideas
http://www.awesome-kid-birthday-part...day-party.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!