View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #38
CandyStripe
Matboard Maniac

Personally, I don't see it as a case of people being greedy or selfish by using the embossing folders or nesties for backgrounds for cards to sell. These companies are not selling an image that one of their design team has created, people are just using it as a framework for their own designs.

I can't see how it's any different from buying a plain picture frame from a company and decorating it to your own taste then putting your own picture in it it to sell

Or those plain chipboard/wooden letters - if you buy those and decorate them and sell them, how is that any different? As far as I'm aware, these companies don't have an angel policy

Or in the case of the embossing folders, how is that different from buying backing paper and puttin your own design on top of it

I think in the case of stamps, the image on the stamp is created by the person designing it then they have the right to say whether they wish that image to be used for the buyer to reproduce in certain ways.

If these companies do not wish the products they sell to be used in certain ways then they should state this in BOLD lettering on their packaging and buyers would be more aware and I think you'd find that people would be less likely to buy them. Instead they choose to put a notice on a website where a lot of people are not likely to see it (which has been proven by the reaction from just this thread alone!)

Just my opinion on the matter
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!