Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question/Vent about Posting in Galleries

Why is it that when you click on some COMPANY GALLERIES, you can only view the design team work...who decides this? Moderators? Company Guidelines?
Other companies, you can click on and everyone's projects show up. (Providing they have used the company name in their keywords).
Here's my point...
and I am sorry to say this, but I do feel it needs to be said...Toes are being stepped on here and not just mine...

MY EXAMPLE
Every single time I try to post in High Hopes (and believe me, I have added multiple ways of "Key Wording" High Hopes Stamps...nope it's never there when I pull it from the Company Galleries on the Home page. You have to actually do a search on High Hopes Stamps to see the rest of the projects made by NON-DIVAs like myself. I've also noticed that they (Divas) type in keyword HHSD....so I tried that, nope can't get in that way, which is ok, as I said, I'm not a High Hopes Stamps Diva, but I just wanted to try it out.
Now I can key the word Rubbernecker and it comes right up, everyones, good, bad or otherwise, we're all there, ya know, like we matter.
I guess I just want to know how this works and if the general posters are being sent off into lower Siberia, and not listed under the compay's gallery, WHY?
I'm not alone when I say this because I have talked to several other SCS members that say this bothers them as well...it's like not being pretty enough to be picked for the cheerleading team or something...come on...I thought this was an Equal Opportunity sharing place, not just a Front Window Display for the Super Talented.
I could possibly be way off track and completely wrong...just someone please clear this up for me because I'm just not getting it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've moved your thread where maybe Scott Or Daven could answer your questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can help this much.

HHSD is the keyword code the High Hopes Design team uses and that's why you are only seeing their cards under that search.

When you used the keyword High_Hopes it looks like you added a space before Hopes. That is why that keyword isn't working.

Your High Hopes Rubber Stamps keyword sees to be working fine.

It sometimes takes a while for a card to show up with a search. I see your card front and center when I search under High Hopes in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Jeanne...I wasn't trying to start a ruckus or anything...I just didn't understand why only the design team cards are linked to the Company Gallery, and you have to do a search to find everyone else's cards that are made with that company's products...
Seems like High Hopes has a Blog, and a Gallery of their own to show off their design team's masterpieces...I thought SCS was to display everyone's projects. That's all...In the scheme of life...it's no biggie really...but as a HH customer, I think that my projects should be displayed next to ALL of the High Hopes Projects, not JUST the design teams here at SCS. High Hopes can display their DT exclusively on their blog and store sites, but here, SCS should be about everyone and you shouldn't have to go looking and searching for projects made by the rest of us using HH stamps...Rubbernecker isn't that way, MFT isn't...far as I can tell...High Hopes IS the only one.
Anywho....thanks for listening and sending my whinning forward to the appropriate place. ((Hugs)) L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Lisa!
Splitcoaststampers is a way to display all projects, and we don't limit who can post to which gallery (with the exception of a few usergroup-related galleries). As you know, it's all keyword-driven. If the company name has any spaces or isn't in our list of keywords or isn't in the keywords field, it will not show up when you click on the company name listings. Is it confusing and intimidating? It sure is, and we're working on revamping the whole upload process so that it won't be! We'd love for you to click on High Hopes and Rubbernecker and have your card show up in both galleries, and we're working on it!

As far as your cards not showing up right away - that's another gallery thing. We're working on tightening up the time between when you upload and when your upload is searchable, too. It will take a few minutes, but it will be there!

Let us know if you have any more questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa, I'm sorry that you are so frustrated about this. I've taken a look at the galleries and I think the problem is that people are leaving a space between High and Hopes when they are putting it in their keywords. If you want to use a multiple word keyword, they have to be connected with either an underscore or no spaces.

When I clicked on the company gallery, I saw some cards that are not DT members and checked their keywords and they did it correctly. When I searched under the words High Hopes, everyone's came up but when I looked at the keywords, most of them did it incorrectly and that's why they aren't showing up under the company gallery. Rubbernecker is only one word, so you can't mess that up. Daven, Jenn? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And just so that you are aware, High Hopes has no control over what gets put where over here at SCS. Hope this helps.

KRAFTIN' KIMMIE STAMPS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimreid_stamperView Post
Lisa, I'm sorry that you are so frustrated about this. I've taken a look at the galleries and I think the problem is that people are leaving a space between High and Hopes when they are putting it in their keywords. If you want to use a multiple word keyword, they have to be connected with either an underscore or no spaces.

When I clicked on the company gallery, I saw some cards that are not DT members and checked their keywords and they did it correctly. When I searched under the words High Hopes, everyone's came up but when I looked at the keywords, most of them did it incorrectly and that's why they aren't showing up under the company gallery. Rubbernecker is only one word, so you can't mess that up. Daven, Jenn? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And just so that you are aware, High Hopes has no control over what gets put where over here at SCS. Hope this helps.
Yes, that's exactly right, Kim. The search that drives our Company Gallery doesn't like spaces. If you click on a company name, you'll see the keywords we're looking for right up top - use those just like that, and your cards and projects will find their way to the gallery.

If ever there are keywords you'd like to see, or companies that aren't included, please let me know, and I'll get 'em added. You can email me at [email protected].
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Jenn!

KRAFTIN' KIMMIE STAMPS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OHhhhhhh! Thanks you guys! I'll try that. I honestly thought it was some sort of sensorship....Paranoid, eh? LOL...I'm so sorry to have been such a pest and I really really appreciate your explanations and help! I truly didn't know about the space thing.
BTW, SCS is my most favorite place in the world. Everyone here does a FABULOUS job...and deserves many pats on the back. Thanks Again! ((HUGS TO ALL))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

You weren't being a pest, Lisa! We're happy to have you here and sharing your art in the gallery. Thank YOU for being here!
Reply With Quote Likes