Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #1  
Twi
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story

Does anyone know where I can buy the leg lamp stamp from A Christmas Story? Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/Stor...=13&position=1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #3  
Twi
Glitter Queen

Thank you! I had no idea there were so many things, but I'm looking for a stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL...I thought you were asking for the actual lamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok...I found it!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=16485885
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #6  
Twi
Glitter Queen

Thank you! You're a doll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I got mine at Sideshow rubber stamps

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I think I may skip the stamp and go for the lamp! That movie is a holiday favorite in my family! Thanks for the link!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those were my Christmas cards to my best buddies this year. I got mine from sideshow. I have the card in my gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't have the stamp, but I do have the lamp! Last year was the first year we put it up for Christmas and it was hilarious!

The same night we put it up, the neighbor across the street came home from work about 11pm, saw it in the window, and had his whole family get up and walk outside to see it!

We had a Christmas progressive dinner with 6 other couples...our house was the 'main course' stop. When asked what we were having, I always replied "traditional turkey".

When they got to our house, we had the leg lamp in one window and "Higbee's Toy Store" front window in the other window; a boy with his tongue 'stuck' to a flagpole out front and a REAL car just like the Parkers in the driveway! (Thanks to a friend who let us borrow theirs)

Inside we had framed pictures of the Parkers, an old radio, an Annie Oakley decoder, etc., etc....complete with a pink bunny suit!

I told my guests "We WERE going to have traditional turkey, but the turkey got ruined.....so we're going out for Chinese!" I then opened our spa room doors and there was the 'chinese restaurant'...completely decorated for Christmas with an aluminum tree, a dragon kite hanging from the ceiling and paper lanterns over the table. The table was set with chinese astrological placemats, chopsticks, chinese coins and pieces of paper with "A Christmas Story" trivia for the guests to read.

At the end of the meal, we passed out Fortune Cookies with custom sayings inside from the movie ("You'll shoot your eye out!"; "Oh, Fuuuudge!", etc.)

We had a prize drawing and the winner won a gift-wrapped Daisy Red Rider BB gun......of course they had to go get it from behind the desk!

As the guests left, we gave each couple a chinese take-out box. Each one contained some fudge, 2 buttons with 'A Christmas Story' sayings, some more fortune cookies, and a bar of Life Buoy soap!

It was a lot of fun!.........Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but had to share!

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Those were my Christmas cards to my best buddies this year. I got mine from sideshow. I have the card in my gallery.
Love the cards!!........And the envelopes are PRICELESS!
Thanks for sharing!

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

ardenskay
Can I come to your house for Christmas next year? it sounds like a lot of fun. What do you do for Halloween?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
love the cards. thanks for the enable. my family loves the movie and will get a kick out of stamp.

Marla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

that esty seller is sideshow stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardenskayView Post
I don't have the stamp, but I do have the lamp! Last year was the first year we put it up for Christmas and it was hilarious!

The same night we put it up, the neighbor across the street came home from work about 11pm, saw it in the window, and had his whole family get up and walk outside to see it!

We had a Christmas progressive dinner with 6 other couples...our house was the 'main course' stop. When asked what we were having, I always replied "traditional turkey".

When they got to our house, we had the leg lamp in one window and "Higbee's Toy Store" front window in the other window; a boy with his tongue 'stuck' to a flagpole out front and a REAL car just like the Parkers in the driveway! (Thanks to a friend who let us borrow theirs)

Inside we had framed pictures of the Parkers, an old radio, an Annie Oakley decoder, etc., etc....complete with a pink bunny suit!

I told my guests "We WERE going to have traditional turkey, but the turkey got ruined.....so we're going out for Chinese!" I then opened our spa room doors and there was the 'chinese restaurant'...completely decorated for Christmas with an aluminum tree, a dragon kite hanging from the ceiling and paper lanterns over the table. The table was set with chinese astrological placemats, chopsticks, chinese coins and pieces of paper with "A Christmas Story" trivia for the guests to read.

At the end of the meal, we passed out Fortune Cookies with custom sayings inside from the movie ("You'll shoot your eye out!"; "Oh, Fuuuudge!", etc.)

We had a prize drawing and the winner won a gift-wrapped Daisy Red Rider BB gun......of course they had to go get it from behind the desk!

As the guests left, we gave each couple a chinese take-out box. Each one contained some fudge, 2 buttons with 'A Christmas Story' sayings, some more fortune cookies, and a bar of Life Buoy soap!

OMG!! This is an awesome story!! TFS!!! I loved it!!

BTW, I want the lamp and the stamp!!! How fun!! I think i'll buy that one for dh for next xmas!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw3362004View Post
ardenskay
Can I come to your house for Christmas next year? it sounds like a lot of fun. What do you do for Halloween?
Honestly? I organize haunted hayrides through a simulated Mining/Western Town! Truly...it's part of my job...

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kay,

I wish I could move to so cal and become your best friend. Good heavens, you are awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

You could open your home for tours! I LOVE this story! Your house would be so much fun to visit!
I watched the show about a guy that bought the actual house that was in the movie. He restored it and tried to get it to look like it was in the movie.
You can actually go and tour it now. That woudl be fun to see.

TO OP - I remember seeing a stamp of this on the Viva Las Vegas website a few months ago. I do not have the link for the site though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Doesn't look like she has any leg lamp stamps in stock right now!! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Kay A., you're my hero!!! I've been a HUGE Christmas Story fan since the 80's, but you've now set the bar very high. I usually just make my family and friends watch the movie with me and quote all the great lines (ala Rocky Horror), but now I can't wait to see what we can do next year! Thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by queensuzanneView Post
Doesn't look like she has any leg lamp stamps in stock right now!! :(
Probably a rush from SCS'ers! :rolleyes: I would email them and ask to be put on a mailing list when it becomes available!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

My son & DIL gave me a lamp for Christmas...I totally love it. Ardenskay you have gone above and beyond the call!!!!! What are you doing next year? How could you ever top that????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=meluvstampin;12574128]You could open your home for tours! I LOVE this story! Your house would be so much fun to visit!
I watched the show about a guy that bought the actual house that was in the movie. He restored it and tried to get it to look like it was in the movie.
You can actually go and tour it now. That woudl be fun to see.

The Christmas House Story and Museum was an added benefit to our move to Cleveland Ohio. We took our grown children there the 24th and then watched the movie that night. The house was used for all of the outside shots and the rest was shot on a sound stage in Canada -- however, they tried their best to set up the rest of the house to look like the movie. It was easy to imagine Ralphie coming down the stairs in the bunny pjs and the bb gun was behind the desk. There were even a few of the original cast there to sign autographs -- the lamp delivery guy and the head/mean elf -- she was a crack up and so nice. If you love the movie and are ever here, check it out.

T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

Love it! That sounds like sooo much fun. I live in Cleveland and our family went for the first time this year, it really is a great see when you come to Cleveland. They did a beautiful job with the house and the museum. They have a room dedicated to the leg lamp!

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #26  
Embossing Fanatic

Hey Parma -- I hail from Brunswick! HI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #27  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Brunswick! Can you believe the Christmas Story House has been open for about 3 years and living in the Cleveland area just got there this year!

I have friends in Brunswick who are avid stampers! Love coming to the area to the Hollo's!

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hey, Kay...I WANT to come to your next party!! What a lot of fun that must have been (for you and your guests).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Default leg lamp

I bought my husband the 45" leg lamp this past christmas. He absolutely loved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm anxiously awaiting for them to come back in stock for our x-mas cards for next year. My children and I were in 'A Christmas Story' play this x-mas. It was so much fun!!! There are photos on my blog of the whole cast. I was the Mother, my son was Randy, and my daughter was a school girl.

I also have a couple cards in my gallery with the leg lamp that I just printed off the computer. Had to make a couple for some of the other cast members!

Can't wait to get that stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

I know the FYE stores had the leg lamps a few days ago. I think they were even clearanced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
My son & DIL gave me a lamp for Christmas...I totally love it. Ardenskay you have gone above and beyond the call!!!!! What are you doing next year? How could you ever top that????
Hijacking again...(sorry)...

We did the "Christmas Story" thing in 2007...the 1st year of our Progressive Dinner. Seven couples from my work participate, each from different departments. In 2008, we were the last house in the route, so we had dessert.

It was hard to try to "top" the Christmas Story thing, so we didn't even try! (OK, we did for a brief moment discuss borrowing an old motorhome for the front and go for the "Christmas Vacation" theme, but didn't!)

Since they were coming for dessert, I ended up with a gingerbread/candy theme. The 'boy' with his tongue stuck to the flagpole from the year before was actually a 3ft. 'elf', so we undressed him and placed him in the entryway holding a tray of gingerbread cookies and candy canes.

Outside was a lit gingerbread house and a gingerbread couple with lit candy canes leading the way to the door. The tree was decorated (loaded!) with (wooden) gingerbread men, candy canes, cookie cutters, 7" wooden rolling pins with red handles...the tree topper was a red/white striped round candy wrapped in cello (I used the gift card candy tins from Walmart that were round and looked like a piece of candy).

The rest of the house was decorated with gingerbread men and candy. I wrapped round ornaments in red cello to look like candy...I also wrapped tons of empty toilet paper cardboards with red/white striped paper and wrapped those with clear cello tied with ribbon on both sides to look like candy (I'm thrifty, too!)

I made a gingerbread house for the center of the dining table...there was candy all around! We had gingerbread (with whip cream or warm lemon sauce) & cherry cheesecake for dessert.

Once all were just about finished with dessert, I said "OK, you KNEW you just didn't come for dessert, right?! Santa needs some help, so you've been chosen to be elves to help him out."

I gave each guest an elf hat with their name on it (except one...he had to wear the "Keebler" one!)..........I then brought out a Gingerbread House Kit (bought on sale after LAST Christmas thinking this was what we would do) for each of the couples to make! (The kind with the 'frosting' already mixed) I told them that if they did a good job for Santa, they would win a prize!

It was "iffy"...didn't quite know how they would react to making gingerbread houses (especially the guys), but they all LOVED IT! The guys really got into it and got creative with their wives! Everyone was around the dining room table working away and laughing and having fun! I took pictures as they played!

Once they all finished, I pulled out 7 box bottoms (that cases of soda come in) and said "Here are your prizes! Put your gingerbread house in it, take it home and enjoy it!" One of the houses ended up with a flat roof with a gingerbread girl sunbathing on top! It was hilarious!

Each couple also received a "Gingerbread House" box with gingerbread cookies inside, a gingerbread cookie cutter, a gingerbread man shaped bottle of lotion and 2 hot chocolate packets.

I printed out a 4"x6" picture of each couple building their house, framed them and gave them to each couple at work later. They loved those, too!

On a side note, both facility guys had given me grief (all year long in a kidding way!) that they had NOT won the Red Rider BB gun the year before....and since they help me so much with my particular job all year, I gave them each a Red Rider the night of the party as they left (because I appreciate them so much!)...they were wrapped, but as I gave them, I winked and said "Don't shoot your eye out!"....

Of course, we had to put the leg lamp up as well....as a reminder of last year.

What's for next year?....Don't quite know yet...I'm thinking snowflakes all over and hauling down REAL snow from the mountains (we live in the So. CA desert!!) and making a real snowman! Ha....OR I told my DH that we could do a "Miracle on 34th Street"...just take out all the furniture and put a black cane in the corner!

I do need to get a Leg Lamp stamp....I love the cards!

Sorry again for the hijack...

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

OH MY!...In re-reading my above post, it sounds like we had a naked elf in the entry! We undressed him from being the boy with his tongue stuck back into the ELF...so he WAS in his elf suit! LOL

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

Did any of you get the leg lamp ornament from Hallmark this year? It is awesome. I gave a bunch of them as Christmas gifts. I sure hope you all saw it and bought it while you could. I had no idea there were so many fans on SCS or I would have posted when I got them. Any Big Lebowskis out there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Wow!!! What a great idea! It sounds like fun, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuntwomanView Post
Did any of you get the leg lamp ornament from Hallmark this year? It is awesome. I gave a bunch of them as Christmas gifts. I sure hope you all saw it and bought it while you could. I had no idea there were so many fans on SCS or I would have posted when I got them. Any Big Lebowskis out there?
Wow...missed the ornament thing! I just looked it up and love it!
Now I have to go look up the "Big Lebowski" thing! I'm afraid I don't know what it refers to...:-(

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuntwomanView Post
OK...It sounds like a movie I need to watch! Thanks! :-D

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #38  
Gabfest Goddess

Man, that sounds like an AWESOME party. Also, to add, MFT came out with a new stamp set "Maid for you" and one of the DT members but out the leg to make the lamp!! It was really cute--in case you can't get your hands on the other stamp...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmeganView Post
Man, that sounds like an AWESOME party. Also, to add, MFT came out with a new stamp set "Maid for you" and one of the DT members but out the leg to make the lamp!! It was really cute--in case you can't get your hands on the other stamp...
That leg is perfect for the lamp! Thanks for sharing that! (I had to google "MFT"...I couldn't remember what it stood for...duh...My Favorite Things!) LOL

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes