Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help from SU demonstrators!!!

I just signed up to become a SU demonstrator and I am so excited. I have been in a SU stamp club for 2 years now and loving every minute. My demonstrator is having to move out of state so she asked me if I wanted to take over the stamp club. I jumped on the chance! I was selected as the hostess for this month's club and thought this would be a good chance to start building up my supplies for free. What I need is advice on what I should start to get that I might need to run a stamp club or a SU party. Also anything you wish you would have had or known before you got started. I would appreciate any feed back you can give me!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 04:47 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Krissi, If you are now a demo please join our demo side of the SCS site. It is a usergroup you can access only if you are a demo...once you have done this please post here and let me know and I will move this post over there so that all the demos will be reading it and will be able to best help you out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:20 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Default I need help from SU demos!

Hello Krissi, and congratulations on becoming a demo. I love it and I've been a demo for 5 years, stamping for about 10. You can email me personally for any questions you might have. I love to share with others. I always stock up on white and vanilla cardstocks, use them all the time. I buy my cardstock colors in assorted packages, that way you get all the colors without the cost of individual color packs. I also picked my ink pads by my favorite colors and then added to it when I could and I got red, green and blue ink pads for holiday colors. I did get the watercolor pencils and chalks right away, you can do so much with them for coloring images and making backgrounds. I also use my brayer alot, so if there is any accessories or tools you use alot you might want to have them on hand. If you have any other questions just email me at:
[email protected]
HTH.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

card stock, card stock, card stock! Can never have enough!!! And I bought my inks just like crazy4stamps - kind of the basics and then seasonal. My customers tease me about my blues - I always do something in blue - guess it's my signature thing. Probably the other reason I love this site - the blue back ground! Got my chalks and pencils and then the Pearl Ex. Theme your club gatherings - scrap book pages, notebook cover and pen, jewelry, gift giving (boxes and bags from the great pattern library on SU demo site). Welcom and BEST WISHES!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

A paper trimmer, a heat gun, glossy cardstock. Before I knew any better I got 2 sets of large pads and 2 sets of spots from a certain online auction. I am so ashamed, but happy. I only buy the large pads of my favourite colours. I have 2 black pads and two stampin' scrubs.
Definately stock up on white and vanilla cardstock, and some of the other popular colours, like night of navy, mellow moss, barely banana, choc. chip. I was buying the packs of mixed colours but found I needed more of a certain colour, so now I just buy the one colour packs. Anther thing to do is trade with your upline, she buys one colour, you buy another and then split them. I do this with the Simply Scrappin' kits.
You will get lots in your kit so you won't need to put out too much more money.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:54 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Thanks so much for all your advice!! I can't wait to order all my stuff and get going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 06:16 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome to SU!! :-) I just became a demo in July and I'm really enjoying it! Very cool that you're "inheriting" a ready-made Stamp Club! I've never been part of one of those.

As far as what you should buy - that kinda depends on what you already have! <G> You'll get lots of great stuff in your Starter Kit. My suggestions:

A good selection of cardstock - the assortment packs are a great way to start, but you might want to buy a few packs of colors you know you'll use a lot of. Don't forget US White and Vanilla and either Naturals or Confetti. Cardstock vellum too...

Versatile stamp sets like:
Terrific Tulips
Love Without End
In Full Bloom
Watercolor Garden
All Natural
some sentiments - I love Wonderful Words and Simple Sayings II

ALL the Classic stamp pads! <G>
Aquapainters and watercolor pencils
Embossing powder in Gold and Silver.
I love the Tag Sheets
Some eyelets and brads
Crafter's Tool Kit
Think about getting the Color Caddy to hold your inkpads. Not everyone loves it, but it's great for me
I love the markers - they're pricey, but I got them with my first Hostess Order - 30% off

I just love SU and you get SO much cool free stuff! I already earned my Stampin' Start and I'm ordering my Everyday Flexible Phrases and Brushstroke Alphabet tomorrow!!

Hope this helps!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Krissi,

And I am VERY glad that you are "inheriting" us! Where would I be without my monthly stamp fix...long live stamp club!!! You'll do a great job...I can't wait to try out all your fun ideas!

Alison

p.s. Kudos on the yummy cake tonight!

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 07:13 AM   #9  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

yup Cardstock, Cardstock, Cardstock. I am not a demo but just found out the hard way that when you start doing swaps, you go through A LOT of cardstock. I was amazed, but my demo said every order she puts in she orders at least 2 colors of cardstock and if she has the extra $$ she orders more.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 07:25 AM   #10  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default stamp club

I teach classes on a monthly basis and I started out with 1 pair of SU scissors and now I have 6. I had bought cheap ones and no one wanted to use those. If you are doing things with aqua painters I suggest having two sets (if you can get them in). I only have one and I always have people waiting around for them.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2004, 07:48 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderful words! its the most versitile word set (i think) that we have right now!
Reply With Quote Likes