Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's on your stampin 'playlist' ?

My DD 13 got her 1st Ipod for Christmas. She was so excited and surprised she cried. It was priceless. She got a lime green 16gb nano. Holds tons of songs, more than she should ever need. I have never had one myself. It is soooo cool. It took us a while to figure out how to get songs from our CDs but we managed. She also had a small gift card to Itunes so I showed her how to pick songs and put them on her pod. I had no idea how these songs were supposed to get from the internet to her Ipod. lol. Uh, through the computer. I'm not really excited about her using my beloved laptop for downloading lots of stuff, but oh well. I have to remind myself how important tunes used to be in my life when I was a teenager, and remember what it felt like to get a new ... ahem... cassette.

Guess what??? I WANT an IPOD!!! I cannot believe I was so clueless. No more buying an entire album just for 1 favorite song. We were really missing out. Everyone needs one of these, IMO.

I got thinking, I want to make a stampin' playlist so I can stamp to my favorite songs.

So all you experienced pod users out there.....

What's on YOUR stampin' playlist?

What music do you love to stamp to?

Last edited by expressions; 01-02-2009 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: correction
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I just listen to whatever is on my favorite country radio station. Having earbuds in while stamping would drive me nuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

My mp3 player is loaded with just Casting Crowns and other general praise & worship songs. I mainly use it for when I get the urge to go walking (gets my mind off of "am I almost home yet" LOL). But when I'm at home I pop a CD in or put on the radio. I find that listening to music directly in my ears like that for too long just gives me a headache.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I just play the radio that plays current songs during my classes. I have a play list for my workouts however!
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jenniferjones/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an iPod for Christmas too - it was not even on my list (did not even know I needed one). My DH has has had one since they first came out and as singles and in our
20+ year life together we amassed quite an LP (remember those) and later CD collection. He placed 4,913 songs on my iPod so it was ready to go. I only need the Beatles Love Songs album (1977) and South Street by the Orions (1963) and I believe I'll have every song I've ever heard and many I have not!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I have a docking station for mine, so I only have to wear the earbuds when I'm at the Y! I have lots of different stuff on mine, but my faves are Keane, Josh Groban, and Sarah Brightman.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

My 13yo just got her firs iPod also and I soon realized I NEEDED one too...LOL! So I got one (couple days after Christmas) and my mom gave me an iHome docker (as a couple week early bday present) so no earbuds while scrapping for me. I love all kinds of music, I have some indies too!

I agree it is really fun. Also I don't mind her using my laptop to download from iTunes...as you don't have to worry about virus' and crap!

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

I have too many songs to list. I also have a docking station so I can listen to my iPod without headphones. I have a dock in my kitchen so I can listen while I'm cooking or cleaning. My dh just commented the other day how sexy I am when I am listening to my music and dancing around the kitchen! It was Christmas music LOL!

Both of my kids have their own iPod(thanks to Grandma!) and my dh just got his first one, an iPod Touch. He never understood why I liked mine so much until he got his own. Now he's on it all the time! So now both kids have nanos and dh and I both have a touch, and everybody is happy!

I think I listen to my American Idol songs the most when I am stamping. Or maybe Josh Groban, Rick Springfield, Barry Manilow, or the Bee Gees. Can you tell I was born in the 70's?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Arrrgggghhhh! No iPod, MP3, etc. here. I stamp to my compact stereo system in my stampin' zone.

When designing, trying to create the idea & the plan, I listen to instrumental music of many types.

After I know the plan, or the design, and it's down to 'production', I can add in my fav FM station (Platinums) or CDs with vocals. ;)

Range is from classical, modern Christian, older hymns, oldies, piano, Yanni, new C&W, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have a ton of songs on my playlist. I like all kinds of music! Right now I have Carrie Underwood, Pink, Gym Class Heroes, some 80s "classics," Tim McGraw, Katie Perry...the list goes on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Default Had to have one!

My grandkids got ipods two years ago so I had to have one too. This Christmas they got new ipods in cool new colors so now I NEED a new one too! With so many docking stations available, there's no need to use the earphones (but at work, they can be very useful!).

Having spent my teenage years in the 70s, I have a large mix of music all the way back to the 70s (my grandkids ask me if we had cars in the 70s) through today's hits and because the ipod stores soooo many songs, I can listen to whatever amuses me at the moment (hard rock, christian, country). I even practice my foreign language skills with Podcasts!

For stamping and scrapping, though, I tend to go with current hits just because they lend themselves to singing along with my friends if we are working together or singing out loud in my own horrible voice along to the music when I'm stampin' alone! Have fun with the new toy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by genie1314View Post
I have a ton of songs on my playlist. I like all kinds of music! Right now I have Carrie Underwood, Pink, Gym Class Heroes, some 80s "classics," Tim McGraw, Katie Perry...the list goes on!
Oooooh, I can do that list too! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Am I the only girl in the world who stamps to Radiohead, vintage Metallica and Skinny Puppy? *sigh*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I LOVE my Ipod! Right now I love listening to Taylor Swift. <3 But no doubt it will be someone else soon. lol But I don't use it while I stamp, the earphones hurt my ears , I really need to buy a docking station. Plus its uncomfortable sitting in your pocket, I worried that If I leave it on the desk, I'll put or spill something on it or I'll walk away and it will fall of the desk and break.
Ok now I'm getting completely off track lol
xxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

I don't have an ipod so I'm not sure there is a docking station that will work with mine. But I do intend to look for something that will allow me to plug it into my radio and use it through those speakers. It sure would beat having to get up to change a CD or sit and listen through commercials on the radio. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I stream music from Pandora

I have an ipod and I love it, but when I'm in my stamping room, I just stream music over the internet radio station at www.pandora.com. It's free, and you can create radio stations based on an artist or music genre. Or you can listen to the thousands of stations that already exist. So, depending on my mood, I can hear anything at any given time.

I reserve my ipod for the car, and the gym.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:43 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Guess what??? I WANT an IPOD!!! I cannot believe I was so clueless. No more buying an entire album just for 1 favorite song. We were really missing out. Everyone needs one of these, IMO.
DD, age 11, got an IPOD for Christmas too. I would love to get some type of MP3 or IPOD for myself. I love the way that you can pick what you want.....now to decide.....stamping goodies or IPOD? Hmmmm.....

Stella
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're up to six mp3 players in our house now (for four people!) We have a Nano (small and not used much any more), a classic iPod (40 GB, for DH's new car, which has an iPod jack and displays the track titles on the dash), and four Sansa players, one for each of us. I have a little set of speakers in my stamping room that I can hook up to while I'm stamping.

We took our entire CD collection - about 1500 CDs - and put it on a big hard drive on our computer, so it's a piece of cake to drag and drop songs to our players.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

I love my iPods...yes, that's right - I have two. I got a silver nano (4 GB) and really enjoyed it, then got my DH a video iPod (30 GB) but he hasn't really gotten into it, so I carry it around sometimes, too.

I don't have a particular playlist for stamping = I do have one for running. I found a great website that allows you to search for songs based on beats per minute (BPM), along with genre and artist. (jogtunes dot com) It was really helpful in picking out songs to help me keep the pace when I run.

I have another playlist devoted to songs from the 80s and another with songs from my earlier years - I even have an old Osmond song on there.

I was a violinist for years and so I have tons of classical music. I also have a holiday playlist with Christmas songs.

As you can imagine, the 4 GB is nearly full. I will have to un-check things when I sync soon.

Some of my favorites include: Toby Keith, Eric Clapton, the All-American Rejects, The Beatles, Bob Seeger, Taylor Swift, 38 Special, Foreigner, The Eagles, Del Amitri, Billy Joel, ELO, David Gray, The Fray, Rascal Flatts, Jackson Browne (love, love, love!), John Mellencamp, Journey....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:01 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
We're up to six mp3 players in our house now (for four people!) We have a Nano (small and not used much any more), a classic iPod (40 GB, for DH's new car, which has an iPod jack and displays the track titles on the dash), and four Sansa players, one for each of us. I have a little set of speakers in my stamping room that I can hook up to while I'm stamping.

We took our entire CD collection - about 1500 CDs - and put it on a big hard drive on our computer, so it's a piece of cake to drag and drop songs to our players.
I am so jealous of the mp3 jack in the car!!! I have to use an fm tuner, and I hate it. DH uses the whole cassette converter thing in his car, so an mp3 jack is on the list for the next car!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

I tend to listen more to old time radio than music. (radio tv shows before they had tvs) I love listening to the old shows! I dont need to look up at some screen to see whats going on since they were originally intended to just be heard. My faves are the mystery shows, Dragnet, Candy Matson, Yours Truly Johnny Dollar etc. If I am listening to music it tends to be old country (Ronnie Milsap, Statler Bros, Charley Pride etc) with a little of the new pop mixed in.
~Tricia (who listens to really old stuff but is only 26)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

You ARE NOT! Throw in some old Cult, Sisters of Mercy and every U2 song ever made and I'm right there with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMollyView Post
Am I the only girl in the world who stamps to Radiohead, vintage Metallica and Skinny Puppy? *sigh*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Mine truly has a variety of songs on there: Journey, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, Nickelback, Daughtry, Madonna, Billy Joel, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, Backstreet Boys, Queen and lots more!!!

I have an Ipod dock for when I stamp. I can't use ear buds....they throw off my equilibrium. I know....I'm weird!!! LOL!!!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynnView Post
Mine truly has a variety of songs on there: Journey, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, Nickelback, Daughtry, Madonna, Billy Joel, Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, Backstreet Boys, Queen and lots more!!!

I have an Ipod dock for when I stamp. I can't use ear buds....they throw off my equilibrium. I know....I'm weird!!! LOL!!!
Same here! Same songs....funny! LOL...I have some Johnny Cash, Sugarland, Kid Rock, Colbie Callait, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Lang, Travis Tritt, Roger Miller, Kenny Chesney and The Fray mixed in there too!

And everyone in the family has an iPod...even our 7 year old...we put FM Transmitter Docks in the car, truck and there is one with a remote DH hardwired into the camper's sound system.

We don't go anywhere without at least one iPod...mine has a ton of movies on it too which we use in the camper a lot! It sure beats bringing a pile of DVDs!

Sadly paper-crafting is not my only addiction....electronics have their place too...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by expressionsView Post
I have to remind myself how important tunes used to be in my life when I was a teenager, and remember what it felt like to get a new ... ahem... cassette.

how about a new ALBUM?! my thrill was records!

i even remember my parents having 8-tracks!

cassettes were 'new fangled' for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

I like vintage Metallica too! I rock on a great FM station in St Louis KSHE95.
I like Sammy Hagar (Cosmic Universal Fashion)! The newest Guns and Roses--Chinese Democracy; Love Eric Clapton, etc, etc.
KSHE 95 plays entire albums (entire CD's) on Sunday Evenings on a program called the Seventh Day. I just Rock out! However, I am not too fond of their Monday Night Metal it's just to much yelling. I do love to Rock, and listen to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and many, many more.
I play my Ipod on Ispeakers and just play my favorites.
You too will soon find your own favorites!
Ipods are great!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
how about a new ALBUM?! my thrill was records!

i even remember my parents having 8-tracks!

cassettes were 'new fangled' for me!
I remember when my kids asked what an album/cassette were! I still say "Does so and so have a new album a?...LOL! Of course they say "It's CD mom!"....I say "WHATEVER"!!! ROFLOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabatgirlView Post
I am so jealous of the mp3 jack in the car!!! I have to use an fm tuner, and I hate it. DH uses the whole cassette converter thing in his car, so an mp3 jack is on the list for the next car!
Yes, it's very cool. We use the fm tuner in my van, and it stinks compared to having the built-in jack. DH's car isn't an expensive one either - it's a Scion xD.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a huge collection of CDs that I bought (or borrowed...) on my computer. 6.5G of songs that I just randomly play while I stamp/scrap. Luckily my computer is right behind my craft station, so it works out well. I would say it is mostly pop, top 40, R&B, and some 80's. Oh yeah, toss in a few Christmas songs here and there. (Yes, they play all year long in my house) LOL

PS I love my new Ford Focus, which has the MP3 jack and a USB drive. I have an 8G USB with the same songs as my computer that I have on constantly in the car. Sorry, just had to thread-jack a little and give love to my Ford. ;)

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

I just got my first mp3 player for Christmas, also!! Get a Sansa. Way better than ipod, imho. You can download from Rhapsody, which you can't do with an ipod. On an ipod, they make you pay for every song you download. We pay around $15 a month for the service, and we can download as much as we want. It's considered 'renting' the songs. It's somehow different than the illegal services that are out there. We had one of those once, before we knew it was illegal, and it sucked. It was fun to download, but the quality of the music was poor. I've seen Rhapsody advertised just about everywhere, so it is a reputable service.
I spent about THREE hours yesterday, just downloading songs into that thing. I probably have over 100 songs in there already. Mostly 80s stuff that I don't have, but also some new stuff. (new to me...it could be years old and I wouldn't know!) At www.scrapsupply.com she plays music in her tutorials and it always tells what the song is at the end, so I picked some songs that she plays. And then we watched Ghost Town over New Years, and I loved some of the songs they played on there, too, so I downloaded them. I'm having a ball!!
Have fun playing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I play a mixture of classical (I studied to be a concert pianist), and contemporary Christian. Also 80's hits, and everything from Sinatra to jazz. I also love Christmas music year round (the good songs).

I love my iPod, and I have a problem with the ear buds too; they are torture. However, Santa brought dh and I each a pair of Bose around -the-ear headphones and they are sooooo comfortable! So I slap those babies on and can still be in the room (loft above) stamping when the family is watching tv down below. Perfect solution!

I really, really love my iPod.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

Oh I agree about the earbuds. I think they would drive me nuts if I had them on too long, especially when crafting. When I get my Ipod I will get a docking station too. Maybe I will get DD a dock that has an alarm clock too for her room for her next birthday.

When I am in my designing mode I like slower music, classical, etc. But when I am creating I switch to music with a faster tempo.

I don't have a lot of CDs in my collection, as I stopped buying when I had children and other financial priorities. My husband has some great classic rock CDs I have grown to love, like Boston, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, etc. I listen to the radio now mostly, but am so tired of how much advertising in on the local stations now. I know they need to pay for the music, but it is just getting annoying. That is mostly why I am so excited about the Ipod, no more annoying jingle ads, jibberish, sportscasts, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

I love my iphone. It holds all my music a few of my fav. movies and does bunches of other things too! I currently am listening to lots of Prince. But I will let you in on a little secret....I LOVE the Backstreet Boys' new CD. It is awesome...but please don't tell anyone. he-he! I always listen to them when I stamp!!

Traci
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #34  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
I have too many songs to list. I also have a docking station so I can listen to my iPod without headphones. I have a dock in my kitchen so I can listen while I'm cooking or cleaning. My dh just commented the other day how sexy I am when I am listening to my music and dancing around the kitchen! It was Christmas music LOL!

Both of my kids have their own iPod(thanks to Grandma!) and my dh just got his first one, an iPod Touch. He never understood why I liked mine so much until he got his own. Now he's on it all the time! So now both kids have nanos and dh and I both have a touch, and everybody is happy!

I think I listen to my American Idol songs the most when I am stamping. Or maybe Josh Groban, Rick Springfield, Barry Manilow, or the Bee Gees. Can you tell I was born in the 70's?!?
Awwww---sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Smile I do too kinda

Quote:

No!! I do vintage Metallica too (Black album especially), but not radiohead other than Creep and skinny puppy - who?? Must have missed them LOL

I also do anything loud and heavy that I can sing (or scream) along to. Think of Korn, Sepultura, Pantera, HIM and the like.

Can't beat a bit of metal for crafting :P

Vannessa x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

I don't have any ipods, but I have Sirius satellite radio with tons of choices!

I love to listen to Prime Country or the comedy channel.

We had to buy a vehicle on Saturday as our truck died dead three weeks ago. My husband told me I'd have to wait until we got home (110 miles) to listen to the radio, since reception is horrible in Montana. I laughed and said, no I don't and pulled everything for my satellite radio (from the old vehicle) out of my purse and hooked it up! haha.

I can't live without my satellite radio! I can hook it into my stereo at home and I can listen on line at their website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #37  

Love my IPOD touch. Just downloaded a light saber app. But I digress. I listen to 80's, bluegrass, a lot of Celtic Woman (from pbs special). I have skull candy earbuds they are the best.I listen for hours without them hurting my ears. But also have the Bose haedphones & ipod sounddock. love them both. I also have the shuffle its great for the gym or taking places where my touch might get broken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #38  
Kookie Creator

My husband bought me an Ipod shuffle a few years ago. I wondered why he'd bought if for me as I had no desire for one. I was soon hooked and now have a Nano. Rest of my family have i-Pod touch and they are really awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #39  

Received 846 Likes on 279 Posts

I like listening to all kinds of stuff when I'm stamping but it usually goes like this:

*contemporary christian/christian rock when I'm designing

*dance type music when I'm prepping materials

*hard/classic/metal rock when I'm assembling mass quantities (the driving beat tends to keep me going moving at a faster rhythm)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

I usually have the TV in the other room on Sirius Radio, either tuned to new country or coffee house music. I've recently started watching movies on my portable DVD player in my craft room.

I never knew I needed an MP3 player either until I got one for my DD a couple of years ago. Then I had to have one and have never regretted it.
Reply With Quote Likes