Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sneek peeks of the next

anyone have any sneek peeks of the next new caddie or mini caddie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 267 Likes on 135 Posts

I'd like to know too.....:rolleyes:

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is preparation for a future that only He can see--Corrie ten Boom
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Same here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Keep looking girls I am sure it is out here. If I find it I will come back and let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Unfortunately, Stampin' Up has made it quite clear that demonstrators are not allowed to post sneak peeks anymore. I would contact your demonstrator in person and see if she will give you the low down.

Yapha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaphaView Post
Unfortunately, Stampin' Up has made it quite clear that demonstrators are not allowed to post sneak peeks anymore. I would contact your demonstrator in person and see if she will give you the low down.

Yapha
I wonder where they get their insane reasoning??

There is no way that sneak peeks HURT sales. In fact it gets people all excited and sometimes we even save our money JUST FOR Stampin' Up when we know what's coming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

It's the saving the money that's the problem -- they want people to buy the things in the catalog now, and not wait for the next catalog. Because they know we'll find a way to buy the new stuff, too, when we see it.

Yapha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

That's probably their reasoning...but if they would think about it more...those who are waiting on the new catalog and looking for sneak peeks probably already have all they are gonna buy from this one.

The ones who don't have much yet, will buy and buy no matter which catty it is. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

gee, I just saw a card earlier today made with new designer paper. on a blog. somewhere! sorry!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I wonder where they get their insane reasoning??

There is no way that sneak peeks HURT sales. In fact it gets people all excited and sometimes we even save our money JUST FOR Stampin' Up when we know what's coming.
YES it does hurt other demos sales.There are MANY demos that were hurt by customers postponing ordering until the new catty came out and several demos had canceled workshops. Then when the new catty hit, the excitement was gone and some of those customers never rescheduled or ordered from the new catty either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

I am sure that Stampin' Up! has probably spent the money on consultants and asked demos about the relationship between sneak peek items and spending. Also, they have 20 years of experience so they have historical data to go by. I think they might know better than the rest of us. But I think it is a very good marketing ploy. Most people are spending their money on Christmas, which may include some Stampin Up! stuff. I think it is very smart to release a new catalog in January to keep people interested, although I personally prefer the one catalog system. Several people here have expressed interest so the strategy must be working. And NOBODY spends in January. But we will when the new catty comes out. I have seen the preview stuff and IMHO, it is AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
YES it does hurt other demos sales.There are MANY demos that were hurt by customers postponing ordering until the new catty came out and several demos had canceled workshops. Then when the new catty hit, the excitement was gone and some of those customers never rescheduled or ordered from the new catty either.
I immediately thought of you when I saw that last post -- and was about to post something in your defense when I saw that you'd already been here!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

This problem is more likely going to happen again...sneak peeks or not. With two catalogs a year, it's going to be a bigger problem than it was before.

Without sneak peeks...there is nothing to snag someone in to rescheduling until the catty actually comes out. With them, you might get customers lining up to host the first shows with the new catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

where can you see a sneak peek of an ll bean,penny's or any other catalog.
frankly if you want/ need to see SU catalog early as another posted-ask your own demo. or join.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #15  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

the next mini is SAB which starts Feb 1, just 13 days after the new catalog. Our preview period for that doesn't start till January 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I didn't think SAB was going to be in Feb this year. Didn't they say last year that it was going to be "random" or did I misunderstand?

Either way, I have an order all ready for my demo when ever SAB rolls around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I was able to get a peek at my demos' house today. I'm not a huge fan of what I saw. This probably means that most of you will really like it, LOL! There was one set tham has me thinking about another purchase in the first quarter of the year but...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
I immediately thought of you when I saw that last post -- and was about to post something in your defense when I saw that you'd already been here!
Thank you! Makes me feel good that others think of lil me. I appreciate that!!!

This has been a big issue that keeps getting brought up and there will always be 2 sides of it. Alot of demos and customers will not understand how it hurts until they have been in that situation. I know I never thought it would hurt anything either until it happened a few times to me from the last catty release when I was a brand new demo. I do not want any other new demos to experience what I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just think as well about the other smaller stamp companies, they have DT members and DT members get their stamp sets ahead of time, but they show sneak peaks few days before the actual release, they don't show samples or pictures as soon as they get their stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

For what ever reason SU has. They have it. People would really complain if SU decided to hold things back untill the last week before it was put out to the General Public. You would say I need time to make projects to plan WS and other things. The real purpose is for you and your planning as to what to make and working w/Downline or your Upline as to the best things to do. Sure there needs to be excitement, and your the one that needs to make it happen. SU gives you all the tools to make your Business a success, and for the most part there is complain complain and complain, moan groan as to how unfair it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappin' SonyaView Post
I am sure that Stampin' Up! has probably spent the money on consultants and asked demos about the relationship between sneak peek items and spending. Also, they have 20 years of experience so they have historical data to go by. I think they might know better than the rest of us. But I think it is a very good marketing ploy. Most people are spending their money on Christmas, which may include some Stampin Up! stuff. I think it is very smart to release a new catalog in January to keep people interested, although I personally prefer the one catalog system. Several people here have expressed interest so the strategy must be working. And NOBODY spends in January. But we will when the new catty comes out. I have seen the preview stuff and IMHO, it is AWESOME!
Couldn't help but chime in... I am a consultant with CTMH, and January is always my BEST month!!! People have money they've received from Christmas, and/or they are so sick of Christmas & holidays, that they get so excited for spring, and buy all kinds of new stuff. We also have a catalog coming out in January, and I have an open house every year. It's a huge success for me... jmho... (by the way, I don't share catties early or give any onfo; I think it keeps people curious!) ;)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

Default sneak peaks

I just had to chime in... one of the biggest advantages of the preview and pre order for demos is you can't see the new items before they are released what better reason to sign on as a demo ...then you get it all before anyone else ...I am not a demo anymore with SU but everytime everyone is talking about what I can't have (yet) like sneak peaks I think about it (most of us it's a matter of just hating to be left out)
But SU is right if we had not gotten all the sneak peaks fom convention and lost my excitement before I had a chance to sit down and talk to a demo I probably would have signed up ...it is good buisness to let us anticipate and see new product pop up in magazines ...
let's face it doesn't matter what time of year it is if we want it we'll sell something to buy it!!!
Betti G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

sneek peeks dont make me whant to wait to buy ,if there is or was something in the old caddie i buy it ,and that goes for the new sneeks peeks as well ,so i cant see me waiting for new stuff haha

i buy what i really whant old or new
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmarthView Post
I didn't think SAB was going to be in Feb this year. Didn't they say last year that it was going to be "random" or did I misunderstand?

Either way, I have an order all ready for my demo when ever SAB rolls around!

yeap, me too.

I am of mixed emotions.. I want to know what's coming to make a decision on when to place my next order..PLUS how big it can be. I don't have as much play money right now and I cannot count on the extra money from the deployment to do anything but catch us up or cushion us for the NEXT Homeownership-related expense like the once yearly sewer bill or the bill for the city putting in little things in like roads in our development.

But at the same time.. if there is less stuff I MUST have( or the SAB sets do not thrill me) I know I can set aside LESS money for that and spend it elsewhere..like on that dumb $400 bill that's due 1 January that totally earmarks the entire leftover money from DH's paycheck next week. Leaving me nothing to finish buying Pressies with let alone important stuff like Craft supplies...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I look forward to the little sneak peaks, but love waiting til I get my copy of the catalog in my hands to see everything. A couple of years ago I looked thru all of the what is in the new catalog threads and while I was still excited to see the book, I had much more fun this year by not doing that. I am planning on not spending much time on the demo side this January so I can be totally surprised when the new one comes out.
As someone else said, SU has their reasons for the policies they have, and even if I may not totally agree with something, I have to remember that I don't know all of the reasons they make these rules. I do know that if demos keep breaking this rule as an example, then what will end up happening is that demos will no longer get a preview and the ablility to preorder and prepare samples for you, our customers. So all of us, customers and demos will suffer, because a few can't or won't follow the rules. Demos look forward to the sneek peeks too....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 267 Likes on 135 Posts

Well, girls, there are a few sneak peeks in the gallery....go to the SU gallery and pick sneak peeks for 2009....there's only a few....:-D

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is preparation for a future that only He can see--Corrie ten Boom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

You may not be by yourself. I am not a huge fan of the current catty. I have made up my mind I will not buy any new incolors unless I get that must have feeling about the complete set, IYKWIM. IMO the two catties have SU in a rush to get new things out and they have started missing the mark with what they put out. I know I will probably get some flamed for these comments but like I stated it is my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmesindenView Post
I was able to get a peek at my demos' house today. I'm not a huge fan of what I saw. This probably means that most of you will really like it, LOL! There was one set tham has me thinking about another purchase in the first quarter of the year but...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisa31707View Post
You may not be by yourself. I am not a huge fan of the current catty. I have made up my mind I will not buy any new incolors unless I get that must have feeling about the complete set, IYKWIM. IMO the two catties have SU in a rush to get new things out and they have started missing the mark with what they put out. I know I will probably get some flamed for these comments but like I stated it is my opinion.
I agree that with two cattys it seems neither of them do much for me. Not to say that I don't still find stuff to buy, but more often it is replacement supplies than new stamp sets.

My demo and I were cruising the current catty and yapping when I realized that I rarely look at the samples in there any more! Made me wonder about why when I realized that the cards on the pages seem to 'match' so much that none of them really 'pop' off the page and say "hey, look at me!". I wonder if there focus on the in colors instead of using all 60 plus they are losing that eye catching part of the catalog.

I am not usually a huge fan of the in colors so color alone will not get me to stop and really look at the cards and the stamp sets used. Perhaps if they let all of the colors have their day in the sun the catalog would have more appeal and I would want to look through over and over like I used to when they included tons of colors in the samples. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes