Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help please - Regular not Bundle price

Hi all,

Would anyone know why the curly label punch bundle didn't come up at the bundle price from my demo? Since it came up at regular price, that's what she ended up charging me but it was supposed to be $10 less. Is there some code or something she needed that I could pass on to her? I double checked ordering through her demo site and it came out regular price in the shopping cart there too.

Thanks!
April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe that the those bundles are sold out now. there was a limited number available at the reduced rate.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Thank you for the quick reply, Kandi. Wow, that's disappointing! My demo was away for the holiday and just got back last night so couldn't place the order sooner. Since the order for the curly label set went through at regular price obviously SU has them in stock so I wonder why they only put a certain amount for sale instead of honoring the sale price throughout the dates specified. Pretty bummed here. Oh well, at least I wasn't standing out in the wee hours of the morning trying to get in on this sale but darn, I still kinda feel left out in the cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I would definitely cancel the order - if they will not honor the sale price - if they only wanted to sell a certain amount of the item at the sale price than when they were sold out they should not take any orders for them until the sale is over..... JMO.......... I behaved and didn't even get the catty to look at the items they bundled together.............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****"My demo was away for the holiday and just got back last night so couldn't place the order sooner."****

I'm curious as to why you couldn't order while your demo was out of town? Don't you just order via the online store under your demo's name or do you order directly from your demo personally? My demo isn't local, but I order online under her name. I know that online orders are processed directly through SU and the demo is informed independently of the transaction. In other words, my demo didn't have to be around to ensure that the order was placed. In the future SU might want to take this into consideration with time-sensitive sales. It's just unfortunate that you had to depend on your demo's availability to get in on the sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintooView Post
Thank you for the quick reply, Kandi. Wow, that's disappointing! My demo was away for the holiday and just got back last night so couldn't place the order sooner. Since the order for the curly label set went through at regular price obviously SU has them in stock so I wonder why they only put a certain amount for sale instead of honoring the sale price throughout the dates specified. Pretty bummed here. Oh well, at least I wasn't standing out in the wee hours of the morning trying to get in on this sale but darn, I still kinda feel left out in the cold.
Well its just like stores on Friday - our local HEB advertised that they would have 100 Nintendo DS' at $99 - a friend of mine stood in line at 5 am to get one and she got the last one - it wasnt the color that she was wanting but she still bought it - she could have paid extra since they still had them in stock but if you wanted one after the first 100 were gone, you had to pay the regular price...

Just wanted to say that stores do it too...SU did state 'whilst supplies last'...and I would definitely take advantage of on line ordering in future - it will be esp helpful for sales such as SAB coming up when people have been disappointed in the past if their last minute orders dont get to their demos in time for them to put them into the system - I would definitely think about ordering directly online :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I would for sure cancel--- very tricky of SU.
I think I'm taking a "break" from them for a while. I expected a bit more out of SU ---- they dipped to a new low for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanneMarieView Post
I would for sure cancel--- very tricky of SU.
I think I'm taking a "break" from them for a while. I expected a bit more out of SU ---- they dipped to a new low for me.

I understand the frustration.

Not tricky though - like PP said - they stated clearly that it was a limited supply that they were offering at the sale price just as other stores did during this sale weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Cytychick, I order from a hobby demo who shares her discount with me so I order from her personally. I guess I could have ordered online straight from SU but this was just part of a larger order and I wanted the order to count toward my demo's quarterly - I feel it'd be disloyal to cut her out when she shares her discount and my order helps meet her quarterly requirement. Plus, didn't SU charge a higher price for the bundle if you ordered directly online? With the higher price and shipping for one item, it wouldn't have been on sale.

Sarah - Yes, SU indicated "while supplies last" but also that the sale was running through Dec 1. Unlike a store that announces they're only selling x amount of units at a discount (I already know not to even bother with those), SU said "while supplies last". And knowing that SU has a pretty good warehouse, I was reasonably confident that supplies would "last" through day 3 of a 6 day sale! And that's what gripes me - they obviously still have them in supply, just not at the sale price. If SU would have indicated on the flyer that only a certain number of bundles would be sold at that sale price, then I wouldn't be bummed. Or even if they really were out of stock I wouldn't be bummed because that's how it is everywhere. It's knowing they still have them but won't honor the sales price that gets me. The phrase "while supplies last" means to me that as long as the item is in stock and you order within the sale dates they'll honor the sales price, kwim? Ordering on day 3 of a 6 day sale is hardly last minute.

Oh well, live and learn. Next time I'll know what "while supplies last" means when SU has a sale and what to expect. Just wish they'd have been more specific.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #10  

Received 275 Likes on 162 Posts

I agree with you, April. You're explanation above is the way I had interpreted "while supplies last" at least through Dec. 1. In my opinion, the only way SU would be out of the Curly Label Bundle is if there are intentions of retiring it at the end of this catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Currently the item is showing up as "temporarily unavailable" both on the sale listing and if you pull it up individually. So it is not necessarily the case that SU had some set aside for the sale only. I think they completely sold out the bundle and the order that your demonstrator placed will be filled when they restock.

My understanding is that there is a place to put your demonstrator's name in on the SU site so that she gets credit. But I've not tried it. On Wednesday morning, after the site crashed on me three times using different browsers, I called my demonstrator to have her place my order.

I'm sorry you missed out on the sale.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiNoleView Post
My understanding is that there is a place to put your demonstrator's name in on the SU site so that she gets credit. But I've not tried it.
You have to enter SU through your demo's demonstartor page/website and log in from there. Then anything you buy during that visit to the site will automatically be credited to your demo. You should see your demo's name in the top right corner of the SU store if you are logged in properly. Also, if you don't go in through a demo's website and just log into the SU store through the main SU website, you won't see any special pricing - only regular pricing. You can still buy things, but at the regular price and it won't go to any particular demonstrator. I hope that makes sense to anyone who might be unfamiliar with how it works.

Gee - I procrastinated on placing my order for the curly set and it wasn't until earlier today that I remembered reading the "limited qty" part. So I jumped on and ordered. At the time I was surprised that it wasn't already sold out. I'm glad I ordered when I did. I'm usually the one who misses these things by a hair!

Last edited by ctychick; 11-29-2008 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #13  
kraf*T*y mama

I don't understand how it can be while supplies last this isn't a retiring item!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Someone who was talking to SU today said that they had alloted 10,000 of each bundle for the sale. That's a lot of discounted items!
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

WOW! So that means that they sold 10,000 of those punch bundles?? That is unbelievable! I don't live in a very "crafty" part of the country, so it's easy for me to underestimate the market for these things. Like I said, "WOW!!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #16  
Inking Addict

Not every demo has a website, I also have a hobby demo who never mentioned the sale to anyone and had no way to order from her website because she doesn't have one. One of the many reasons I think I'm looking for a new demo.

Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediSweetsView Post
Not every demo has a website, I also have a hobby demo who never mentioned the sale to anyone and had no way to order from her website because she doesn't have one. One of the many reasons I think I'm looking for a new demo.

Holly
WOW! I cant imagine not letting my customers know about the sale?!
Even if I did only do it as a hobby, if people bought from me, they'd be knowing about it!
Hope you find your new demo soon!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I have 2 demonstrators--- both very actively involved, they do lots of clubs and classes--- neither of them knew about the bundle sale so I'm thinking it wasnt very well put out there. So, dont be too harsh on your demonstrator.
It appears SU didnt plan very well for this sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have 2 demonstrators--- both very actively involved, they do lots of clubs and classes--- neither of them knew about the bundle sale so I'm thinking it wasnt very well put out there. So, dont be too harsh on your demonstrator.
The fact that there was a sale coming up should have been well known by any demo who is on the SU site with any frequency. What was not published to the demos were the details of the sale - ie the bundles - what, how much, etc, until the sale started. If your demos are on the site placing orders they should have seen the announcements - front page. Maybe they are just used to popping on to do the orders and don't pay attention to the announcements?

This was the first year for SU to do a black friday type of special. Couple that with the fact that they implemented the online ordering just weeks ago and I'm not surprised that everything hasn't run perfectly. We all live and learn from our mistakes. It takes time to be a well oiled machine.

I think the special prices are awesome! But customers did have to be ready to purchase right away. Same as standing in line at a store-front. Once the sale ones are gone, they are gone. Even if they have more to bring out later that day at regular price, the sale ones are gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I guess we will agree to disagree on this issue. It is so not the same as standing in line at a store, but of course a demonstrator is going to defend the company they work for. live and learn is right.
SU is no longer on my list of favorite companys to order from--- that of course is just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintooView Post
Cytychick, I order from a hobby demo who shares her discount with me so I order from her personally. I guess I could have ordered online straight from SU but this was just part of a larger order and I wanted the order to count toward my demo's quarterly - I feel it'd be disloyal to cut her out when she shares her discount and my order helps meet her quarterly requirement. Plus, didn't SU charge a higher price for the bundle if you ordered directly online? With the higher price and shipping for one item, it wouldn't have been on sale.
If you ordered from your demo's website, she would have gotten credit just the same as if you called/e-mailed her your order. You would have paid the sale price if you'd ordered from her website prior to the limited quantities running out. If she doesn't have a website, then she wouldn't have gotten credit for an online order as you couldn't have done an online order through her. You can also do an online order directly through SU, but will pay a higher price. They do that to encourage customers to order through the demos. I just wanted to clarify for future sales as I know you're concerned that your demo get credit for any sales you pass her way. You're a good customer to do that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

They missed the ball. SU has been announcing this sale repeatedly for over a month. In fact, they originally announced it to demonstrators on October 15 and then to customers on November 10. Since they announced it to the demos, they've been putting updates out about the sale about weekly. Granted, SU announced the exact details of the sale (i.e. what was included in the sale) on Wednesday morning, but any demo that didn't know a sale was coming wasn't paying attention to SU's announcements for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

there is a special code that needed to be entered for the discounted bundle. she may have used the regular catty number which wouldnt of given you the discount. you can ask her to call demo support and maybe it can be corrected. but maybe not all the bundles are sold out i believe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischelle larsonView Post
there is a special code that needed to be entered for the discounted bundle. she may have used the regular catty number which wouldnt of given you the discount. you can ask her to call demo support and maybe it can be corrected. but maybe not all the bundles are sold out i believe

On the sale flyer it is the same number (112966) as listed in the catty. I too am bummed b/c I am sure that have some in stock. Today is the last of the month and wanted to get an order in and the system won't even let me order it at all. Not even regular price.:confused: Also, the only item listed as "out of stock" is the All in the Family Bundle!:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

I also noticed that on the SU customer home page the Curly label Punch bundle is not even listed while the no longer is stock All in the Family still is!????????? Did SU change their mind?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #26  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
I also noticed that on the SU customer home page the Curly label Punch bundle is not even listed while the no longer is stock All in the Family still is!????????? Did SU change their mind?
Both of the bundles are sold out. They had limited quantities for the sale price and those quantities have been depleted. SU also updated their system recently so any items that they do not have in stock will not show up for ordering on demonstrator websites. However, you can generally order them directly through a demonstrator and choose to wait while they're on backorder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
They missed the ball. SU has been announcing this sale repeatedly for over a month. In fact, they originally announced it to demonstrators on October 15 and then to customers on November 10. Since they announced it to the demos, they've been putting updates out about the sale about weekly. Granted, SU announced the exact details of the sale (i.e. what was included in the sale) on Wednesday morning, but any demo that didn't know a sale was coming wasn't paying attention to SU's announcements for quite some time.

Thats what I meant--- the bundle details and limited supply I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm still not really getting why the ruckus, lol? "Limited supply" means "not unlimited." Everything SU put out indicated that these would go fast, to not delay ordering. Demos were cautioned STRONGLY not to try to hold on to orders to group them as workshop orders but to put them in individually asap.

SU has NEVER done this type of sale. And 50% discount is over the tope, lol! I have to say that even if they had broadcast that they were offering 10,000 of each bundle, I don't know that I would have anticipated a sell-out, but there you go. 10,000 bundles were ordered by people who did not wait.

Me? I didn't order anything for myself, lol. I let my one customer know on Tuesday, the day before the sale started. She asked if she could hop in her car and bring over her order with CASH! Uh, sure! She handed off the money, it was in my bank within 10 minutes, and I placed the order bright and early on the 26th. There was never a thought that waiting was an option, because it was so clearly stated that "Supplies are limited," and once the bundles were gone, they were gone.

I know it's frustrating to "just miss" a great deal. Heck, I can't even catch up to a "Wii Fit" game at regular price anywhere, lol! Everywhere I've gone that advertised the Wii sold out before I got there. Ya can't blame the store though, or even the manufacturer...everybody had the same time frame to get there...I just got there later than the fortunate ones..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

I think people are a bit frustrated because according to the poster above somewhere, SU has more stock but yet charged her full price. In that case I would agree that I would cancel the order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sure, cancel the order, why not? It is not the price she agreed to pay. I don't have a problem with that at all. My only confusion is why people would be so mad at SU, lol. There were a limited amount of bundles for sale. They were available either through Dec. 1 OR until supplies ran out. Not surprisingly, the big 50% off bundles sold out before the end of the promotion. End of story. So, just like anywhere else, the price is back to the regular amount, and people can either go with that or not. Again, I don't see where SU is at fault...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Sure, cancel the order, why not? It is not the price she agreed to pay. I don't have a problem with that at all. My only confusion is why people would be so mad at SU, lol. There were a limited amount of bundles for sale. They were available either through Dec. 1 OR until supplies ran out. Not surprisingly, the big 50% off bundles sold out before the end of the promotion. End of story. So, just like anywhere else, the price is back to the regular amount, and people can either go with that or not. Again, I don't see where SU is at fault...

Oh, I must not have read everything cause I didnt get the impression people were "so mad" at SU. I thought the main gripe was as stated above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

I lucked out as I placed an order on Friday night for several of the curly label punch bundles and although it was out of stock it was not sold out. I was able to get all mine at the sale price and they will ship out week of 12/10. I am very happy with that.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes