View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #908
EmptyNestMom
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile Great ideas! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevLinda View Post
Yesterday I used a lemon cake mix -- just followed the directions -- and dumped a can of lemon frosting in it. Just beat it until mixed and poured batter into a tube pan (still can't find the bundt pans). Delicious -- needed no frosting. You could put a little lemon juice and powdered sugar glaze on it to pretty it up though.

I like the butter pecan recipe better because it used less oil and had another egg. It seemed richer. I think I am going to try a strawberry or cherry cake next. The youth at church should like it. I heard chocolate with chocolate is pretty decadent. Might try that next.

Also made THE lotion. Added a tube of A & D ointment I got on sale. Whipped it all until light. Smoothed on like a dream. Hope everyone likes it. Sure makes a lot!
OK, now you've got my brain going, Chocolate-Chocolate...what about Chocolate w/the Cocont Pecan Frosting - as pointed out it's what's on top of German Chocolate cakes?? Oh Chocolate-Chocolate... I may not have a sweet tooth, but I sure know plenty of chocolate anything lovers! Thank you for that idea!

Re: the lotion... I would never have thought to add the A & D ointment, but it makes perfect sense. And yes, it does make quite a lot..but it works, at least it is on my dry hands. The results are definitely showing up now, as I can see a difference, which is proving its worth to me!

Thank you for posting this info...now I'm back to baking thoughts - chocolate-chocolate...mmmmm.

I'm taking a break from the document, as my eyes keep seeing double of things, or I'm starting to skip steps. Hence all the posts to both threads. 'Tis my break time, which is greatly need right now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!