Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts
Another Michaels Vent

This is the e-mail that I sent to Michaels today.

"I have shopped at Michaels for over 10 years but that ends today.

Over time I have become disappointed in the product selection, especially pertaining to wood-mounted rubber stamps. The selection has remained the same for almost four years and there's nothing left that interests me. But that was not the straw that broke the camel's back.

Within the last couple months, my crafting friends and I have been informed that Michaels will no longer allow coupons to be used on magazines. This was a particular burr under the saddle as Michaels do not offer classes anymore and we would get a lot of our ideas from magazines. But hey, we can use your coupons at your competitors on magazines. This is not the straw either.

The straw pertains to several things that have happened over the past three weeks. I have been buying 11X14 photo box frames for a cabinet that my husband is making. I have been using coupons that have been either in the paper or that Michaels had issued me when I bought something else. The store closest to me (8030 HWY 31 46227) has allowed me to use all my coupons during one visit as long as they were for that week. This store has been out of these frames over a week now and they only get a stock delivery on Mondays. I had an errand on the north side of town and stopped at the store at 5151 East 82nd St. 46250, and they were also out of this product. So today I called the store at 9835 E. Washington 46229 and verified that they had these frames and the amount (4) that I needed. I drove 18.4 miles to get these frames. When I was checking out,I gave the clerk three coupons and the clerk said that they only allowed one coupon per day. I told them that the Southside Michaels let me use my coupons in one visit. She called a manager, explained the situation and the manager said in a snotty voice "The Southside doesn't follow the rules. Only one coupon per day." I told them how far I drove to buy these frames but they still would not honor my coupons. I told them then that I would not buy any of them and left the store. I drove home and found this product
on Amazon.com and bought the needed amount. So let's review on this particular issue:

1. Unable to re-stock in a reasonable time frame.
2. The Southside store is concerned for the customer that they allow multi-coupons (that were issued by Michaels) so that the customer isn't spending that money on extra gas to make multiple trips or just not come back at all. This amounts to more sales because I would pick up other items (sale and non-sale) during these visits. The Eastside store would have the customer drive every day to use one coupon. This uses more gas which in turn takes more money from the discretionary funds which amount to less sales because I would only get what I wanted to use my coupon on.
3. Snotty attitude from manager. This does not make me want to interact with your employees.

Thus, I will not patronize your company anymore and I will be sure to tell all my friends of my experience, which they will add to their own experiences."

All this being said, the cabinet my DH has made me is beautiful. Once I get my other four boxes, I'll have to take a picture and post it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand your frustration and anger. All the Michael's near me NEVER let us use more than 1 coupon at a time. Whenever I did not have my husband with me so he could use another coupon, I used to go back and just sit in the car for about 20 minutes and then check out with a different cashier! I felt very guilt about doing this but Hey, Michael's isn't wasting their gas, I AM!! This was years ago before the cost of gas was so high. I just could not see driving that far several times a day. The stores were not close to me.

You are also right about their product selection. I thought it was just MY Michaels that still had stuff, especially stamps, from the "year of the flood!" It is like they are determined not to but anything new until every single stamp has been purchased!

They also do not keep up with any new products at all. I have been stamping for over 10 years and have outgrown their stuff. Mostly, I have to order online in order to get more advanced products like the COPICS, differnent types of stamp pads and paper.

Basically the employees know very little about the products in their store and are very unwilling to help. They just do not care. I do not know if it is how the management treats them, the amount they get paid or the mind set of the employees, but they couldn't care LESS about "customer satisfaction!" I do not think they have ever heard of the word!

All this being said, I do think Michael's (and A.C. Moore) must be feeling the economic crunch because they have started that little extra coupon with the sales receipt thing, here, in NJ also.

Too bad they do NOT carry more new stamping stuff. I just might be able to use those coupons more often.

Thanks for letting me vent!:oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I hope I did this right. I uploaded a picture of my cabinet. The purpose of this cabinet is to store my loose wood mounted stamps. Unfortunately, it won't hold all of them. :rolleyes: He'll just have to build me another one.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Michaels Vent-cabinet.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Love that cabinet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I hope the Southside store doesn't get in trouble with corporate as a result of your email. Maybe you should have left well enough alone by not mentioning them specifically.

I have to agree with you about Michaels stamp selection. They aren't any good stamps like the ones you find online. Even at 40% off sales I can't find any I would like to purchase. I find better ones in the $1 bin.
Their selection of Cuttlbebug embossing folders is poor too. AC Moore has a wider selection.
I was there today to buy some EZ Foam and they did not carry it. I thought they were one of the biggest craft stores around. I guess I'll just have to shop online.

Love the cabinet!! Your hubby did a great job.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure like that cabinet. . .

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I have to agree about selection. I was there today, and could find nothing to use my coupon on because they no longer allow them to be used on books. I was hoping to buy a Klutz book for my daughters, but no such luck, so I went on-line to get them for nearly the same savings and free shipping. I don't mind spending my money elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. I live near Sacramento, CA and there are several Michael's stores and one nearest me (only about 2 blocks) had the worst selection. The other stores always had things that my store never had. The sales people were so rude, especially the hun at the return counter. I wrote a letter last year, of course I never received a reply. But, lucky for me my store is one of the new prototypes. And its going to be great with all the new products even basic grey!

With that said, I don't think there will be a change in the coupon policy as the coupon state one per day. I understand the frustration, but I can also see their point. As for the miles of driving, it's common for where I live that you have to drive 15 miles or more to get to the best stores. I guess I would have to weigh the savings against the gas and if the gas is more, then I would forget the coupon. I don't like that I can't buy magazines and books at a discount, but I would rather have the store stay in business than me save and have nothing.

As for service, I don't know what happy pill they gave the staff or if it's the new manager or if it's a corporate new policy, but the staff are extremly friendly. They will walk you to the item and if they don't know they go ask for you.

I have to say that the new Michaels is wonderful and only wish that you would have the opportunity to see what I've seen lately. I just hope it continues.

Again, I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. Take Care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also agree that Michael's selection has gone down hill. A friend went in the other day for some beads for ornaments she's doing and they don't stock them any more. So Joanne's & AC Moore here I come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

My Michael's has had the same cuttlebug embossing folders for about a year now. I have the ones they carry so no sale for them here. Also everything I do want is on sale so I can't use my coupon. I guess online ordering is the answer. I emailed Michael's when I recieved a coupon from AC Moore that could be used on sale merchandise. Their answer was a standard answer and did not address my request that they allow me to use their coupon on sale items. If there waqs another store close to me I would not shop there at all.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I understand fustration about the lack of new product and them changing the coupon policy on books, but honestly being upset about the stores only taking one coupon per day I don't understand. It is stated on the coupon itself one coupon per customer per day. The store that was letting you use more than one was totally going against policy and I think you were lucky to do it as long as you did.

I am not a huge Michaels fan and have never had good service in their stores,so I am not trying to defend them, but as someone who worked in a retail store for many years and now works at their corporate office in the Customer Service Development, policies are in place for a reason and in this case Michaels would be losing a ton of money if customer were able to use the coupons on each of their items. Strores like Michaels and AcMoore offer coupons like these and take the chance of losing money on the item you use the coupon on in hopes that you will be purchasing more items that they can make money off of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lots of luck with your email. I emailed them last summer over bad service, and I did not get a reply until over a month later. And the reply was just a bunch of blah, blah, blah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

As we've moved over the last several years I've shopped at many different Michaels and I have to tell you I never found a single one that would take more than one coupon at a time. I bet your local Michaels was probably doing it under the radar.

Also just to let you know in case you ever want to visit a nicer Michaels that even has new rubber stamps! the one in Westfield on 31 and just North of 146th is about as nice as any I've been in. For some reason this one is usually well stocked and even though they aren't perfect, they are nice to deal with.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

The problem I see with our Michaels is even with the 40 or 50% coupon, their price is still higher than other stores, especially those on-line.

eg: The Cuttlebug alphabet dies here in Canada at M's are $109.95/set. I can purchase them on-line from OhMyCrafts for $19, $29, or $39. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where I buy mine.

More often than not, I leave M's with nothing. So I don't waste my gas and even stop there very often any more. They did it to themselves IMHO.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post
I hope I did this right. I uploaded a picture of my cabinet. The purpose of this cabinet is to store my loose wood mounted stamps. Unfortunately, it won't hold all of them. :rolleyes: He'll just have to build me another one.
What a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

i totally understand the frustration with michael's. they've given me more than enough grief over the year... but, as someone else stated, i wouldn't expect them to honor more than one 40% off coupon at a time. i just make sure that when i go there i purposely find something a little higher priced to use my coupon on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

The closest Michael's to me is 200 miles away, so needless to say, I don't shop there. However, when our Hobby Lobby has 40% off, you can go on line to print as many coupons as you want and either walk out and then back in again or do like I do and that is to print enough coupons for everyone in my family and we all go in together and buy one thing each. The cashiers are very nice about all of it. Do the Michael's coupons specifically say one coupon per person per day or is it per visit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #18  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are three Michaels in my area of shopping. I don't know whether I've been extremely lucky or what -- but all three of these stores will accept more than one coupon. In fact, I was in one the other day and they took two Michaels coupons (one from the paper and one on a receipt from the previous week) and one Joann coupon. One of the clerks told me several months ago that their policy is to accept more than one, so long as they are different coupons -- meaning I couldn't use two coupons that I had printed from my e-mail.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClownmomView Post
There are three Michaels in my area of shopping. I don't know whether I've been extremely lucky or what -- but all three of these stores will accept more than one coupon. In fact, I was in one the other day and they took two Michaels coupons (one from the paper and one on a receipt from the previous week) and one Joann coupon. One of the clerks told me several months ago that their policy is to accept more than one, so long as they are different coupons -- meaning I couldn't use two coupons that I had printed from my e-mail.
Very interesting! Has anyone else tried this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I totally agree about Michaels. I wrote them an email and even gave them SCS's site so they can see the complaints about them AND so they could see what are the Hot items they should have in their stores. I also told them that they have had the same wood stamps for years and that I could probably tell them every stamp they have Ive seen them so much!!! Told them that most of us have a cuttlebug and the folders havent changed since the cuttlebug came out!! Their employees never know anything. I dont even use my coupon most of the time, because there is hardly anything new. I got so excited when they finally got the inkadinkado clear sets in. Lets see how long the same ones stay there. Michaels really needs to get there act together and get buyers who know whats happening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so glad I read this post. I was going to go to the craft store tomorrow and look at some stuff to make some Christmas gifts.

I have a Roberts Craft and a Michaels Craft both within equal distance of my house. I will go to Roberts and not go to Michaels.

I'm so sorry about your bad experience. :(

I LOVE the cabinet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

My rear was sooooo chapped when I found out they wouldn't take the coupons for books anymore!!! I was in line with the Becky Higgins sketch book (listed at $29.99 on the shelf), when the cashier rudely told me I couldn't use it. Not only that, but the book rang in at $34.99! I told her that the price rang in wrong, and she told me that I must have read the US price, I replied "I read the US price on your shelf tag???". That shut her up.

Now I mostly use my coupons for adhesive refills, since I always need those. I agree about the stagnating stock in stamps & cuttlebug folders. When I asked for copics the staff looked at me like I had spoken a foreign language.

I spend most of my crafting dollars at my lss, which isn't hard since it's next door to DD's preschool and I'm there twice a week!

Clean your home without chemicals!
Find out how...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Michael's coupons do state that it is limited to 1 coupon per person per day. So, I take my kids with me. Sometimes there's no problem and other times I get a clerk that tells me in a snooty voice that it's 1 per person per day. I look at my kids then look at the clerk and ask "My kids aren't considered people?" I have my kids hand over the coupon and the money, so what's the problem?;)
I have used multiple coupons in the past. Some stores allow it and some don't, some clerks allow it and some don't. I have also used several different coupons in 1 transaction. Like I had a Michaels ad coupon, a Jo-anns coupon and a different Michaels coupon. I have had problems with Hobby Lobby's coupon. They just would not take it because it was a computer printed coupon.:confused: So if I can't make it to Hobby Lobby, Joanns will accept Hobby Lobby's coupon.
When going to Michael's, you just never know what to expect.
I have noticed that they don't get any new stuff. The stamps are the same, the papers the same, etc........
Also, I'm not a big fan of Martha Stewart and they have one whole side of an aisle dedicated to her stuff out of 4 aisles of papercrafts(scrapbooking/cardmaking). Of course the 1 thing that I would have loved to get (dripping goo punch) they only got 1 shipment in. What's that equal out to? About 10 of those punches per store? Needless to say, I was unable to get it since I wasn't there when they stocked them.:(
Oh well.......
Tammy:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

I am happy to say that the staff at the Michael's and the Hobby Lobby in our town are both really nice. There are other locations where that was NOT the case, so we lucked out for the next 2-3 years. And I too wish they would update their inventory more frequently, (example: I haven't seen the new fall/winter Cuttlebug embossing folders yet). Mostly, I am just happy to be NEAR a Michael's - when we were stationed overseas it was SO FRUSTRATING not to have a place to go to buy PAPER (everything was A4/metric sized in Germany) or other simple papercrafting supplies.

However, I find that I can often do better online with a sale that offers free shipping with a minimum purchase, plus, no sales tax that way too! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink

I went to Michaels today and heard many of the customers complaining about the coupon policy. Because they publish coupons in the newspaper, attach coupons to their register receipts as well as emailing coupons I do not understand the policy of only allowing one coupon per customer per day. They must assume a customer will make repeated trips to the store during the one week the coupons are valid. That may not always be convenient or economical in spite of the falling gas prices.
I do understand that it would not be fair to use more than one of any type of coupon similar to the policy at Joann's. I did not purchase any of my items at Michaels and instead went across the strip mall to Joann's where I was able to use my 3 distinct coupons and also buy additional items.
I emailed Michaels this feedback. They are indeed entitled to whatever coupon the choose. I was taught to "vote with your feet" and that is what I will do.
Beatrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

Default Michaels

You gals are right on the mark. Like you, I am a SERIOUS stamper and have found that Michael's is not able to supply me with the product I need. Now with this coupon rule......what a joke!!! I suppose they don't need our money so I purchase lots of supplies via the internet. I watch closely for reasonable shipping charges and when I place an order, I ask the gals in my stamping group if they need something and we split the shipping costs. Finding up to the minute stamping supplies, tools, and embellishments can be found successfully via the internet. Thanks for pointing out that it is not just MY opinion of Michael's that has been lowered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

I bought something trivial the other day at M's when the cashier pointed out a website on the receipt saying I could win some lg amt of money from M's if I did the survey on said sight. My M's is so pathetic, I pretty much know everything they have in stock because it hasn't changed in the past so many years, except maybe decrease in volume because I don't think they ever re-stock anything except seasonal items. That was fun! I totally roasted that store whenever the survey asked for a comment. Guess my chances of winning took a nosedive with that, but then again, what would I buy with the prize money??? They don't have anything good!!!

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimz1959View Post
I bought something trivial the other day at M's when the cashier pointed out a website on the receipt saying I could win some lg amt of money from M's if I did the survey on said sight. My M's is so pathetic, I pretty much know everything they have in stock because it hasn't changed in the past so many years, except maybe decrease in volume because I don't think they ever re-stock anything except seasonal items. That was fun! I totally roasted that store whenever the survey asked for a comment. Guess my chances of winning took a nosedive with that, but then again, what would I buy with the prize money??? They don't have anything good!!!
HaaHaaa you are sure right about that!!! I need to look on my receipts, I so need to do a survey!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I've used multiple coupons at the M's near me. I just have them rung as separate orders and have never had a problem. That said, their selection is pretty poor. The only new stuff is the Martha Stewart punches. I use my coupons for stuff like Xyron refills and other consumables.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlThereView Post
I totally agree about Michaels. I wrote them an email and even gave them SCS's site so they can see the complaints about them...
Not so sure that was a good idea -- I'm no lawyer, but could it be possible for the website owners to get in legal trouble for condoning libel should the M's corporate office decide to file suit? :confused:

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

At least some of you have alternative stores - Hobby Lobby, Joannes.....I only have Michaels and one aisle in WalMart, that's it. My Michaels is no different, same folders, same stamps, same papers, nothing new is added (except MS stuff) Have not used a coupon in over a year. Ticks me that I have to shop online and pay shipping (and customs if from US) to get any crafting supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

WOW! guess I'm the lucky one! I drive almost an hour to get to the nearest Michaels and my experiences, have overall, been good.
Not to be difficult, but most stores, craft and otherwise have pretty strict coupon policies, they couldn't and wouldn't stay in business very long if they couldn't make money. Most markup is 50%, so if you get 50% off, you're getting an item for what they've paid...they may actually lose money on that item because they pay shipping.
I owned a scrapbook store for 2 years and just closed it in June. I really had no idea of all the costs in a business until I owned my own store!
With so many customers, you've got lots of different styles and therefor, ordering lots of different products. I really tried to order what the customers wanted but had a pretty small budget. (I'd love to order for one of the BIG stores with a BIG budget! Oh, what fun!)
I do agree that they are some employees that just shouldn't be in customer service!
Hope you have better customer service, no matter where you shop!
Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Regina, the Michael's on 31 is the closest to me too, I live in Franklin. I don't shop there anymore though because I can never find anything I need/want. Beofre if I was going to Hobby Lobby for something I would just walk next door to Michael's to see if they had anything, but I even stopped doing that because its not worth my time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I have been reading with interest all the comments about Michael's, and here I thought it was just our Michael's. All of what has been said by others has happened at my store too. Now I know ours does not take more than one coupon at a time, but I see no reason for them (the check out clerks) to be as rude as they are on most days. It has gotten better, but with no new merchandise whats the point in going.

I had trouble with retuning an item I had purchased there, my heat embosser quit after just a few weeks. The store did not want to exchange it, so I came home, called the manufactrring company of said product then armed with the name of the person I had talked to, the phone number, and her assurance that Michaels should indead exchange the heat embosser (I had the recipet), I returned to Michaels. Needless to say my new heat gun has been working just fine for the last year.

Shopping online is the way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Somehow, someone from Michael's corporate office needs to see this thread! Are they so big that they don't care if there are a few disgruntled customers? Or maybe the economy is affecting them, too, so they can only afford to hire crabby people...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 976 Likes on 665 Posts

Sorry to change the topic. I have a huge gripe with Joann's. I went there with a computer coupon for Michael's. The clerk not only refused to take it. But told me that I must have made a copy on a copy machine and that was fraud. I asked for a manager. She explained that they can ONLY take Michael's coupons from the newspaper. I left all my products at the counter and walked out. She wish I had some place else to get my supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyjView Post
Sorry to change the topic. I have a huge gripe with Joann's. I went there with a computer coupon for Michael's. The clerk not only refused to take it. But told me that I must have made a copy on a copy machine and that was fraud. I asked for a manager. She explained that they can ONLY take Michael's coupons from the newspaper. I left all my products at the counter and walked out. She wish I had some place else to get my supplies.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't even know Joann's honored competitor's coupons until I was in there one day and saw the sign. That day I had a Hobby Lobby coupon that I printed off the internet and used it with no problem. Since then a friend told me their policy had changed and they no longer accept competitor coupons, but I have not confirmed that.

There is just no reason to be rude! You would think they would be happy that you chose their store over Michaels!

As a previous poster said, online ordering is the way to go. There are so many places that offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount. Just stock up all at once, there is no question on the price, its right there. Don't have to worry about customer service (unless there is a problem with your order).

Jeez, I'm a chatterbox tonight! Sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagtopView Post

What a wonderful thing for your husband to build for you - the sweetest! That's SOME cabinet! And you still have some room for more stamps, too! <wink!> and {{{{ 's }}}}} for the awful experience you had - glad to hear you did find what you needed somewhere else, at least.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyjView Post
I hope it was a LOT of stuff you left on the counter for the fraud alleger clerk to put away.

Oooh that was mean, wasn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes