Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simon Says Stamp Question

I just saw this site on just eBay. Has anyone ever ordered from them? Are they a U.S. company? Are their prices as good as they appear?

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsByPia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Rubber Obsessor

I have ordered/bid on 6 different items from them. I have had no problems. I did notice after ordering/bidding that he sells numerous items that are the same but at different prices, so check all of his auctions before bidding! ;)

Julie

Julie
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought from them and I had no problem either.
Stampin' Fool

I have had no problem with this seller. Quick service, shipping costs are OK.

Oh, I just remembered-if you do not want to do bids, he does have an online store now, too. There's a place on the eBay store to click and go to his online store.
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought two little stamps from their online store on the Oct 27th and paid with paypal. I have not received them yet. I have sent two emails to find out the status and no response. I called the # several times and Heidi's box is full and can't leave any messages.

I am not a happy customer right now.
Polyshrink Goddess

I've purchased PB stamps from them, but I started ordering my PB and HM stamps from HMstamps.com. The prices are better and the owner is very friendly and will work with you on prices/shipping. I won't buy my PB and HM stamps anywhere else.
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a few good orders and then an order with two sets of clear stamps that show paid that never shipped. I ordered and paid on Oct 12. I still do not have the stamps. I tried to get a respose from them every day for two solid weeks. Got their phone number from Ebay and left messages because you never get a real person and no call backs. I have had to open a dispute with Paypal to get my $$$ back. I cant believe they wont respond. IT has been an entire month plus now....too bad.
Blessings.
Mad Swapper

I will NOT order from them any more. I found a stamp, paid immediately with Paypal, got confirmation the stamp was shipping 2 days later - a week goes by, no stamp, so I emailed them and 2 days later get a reply that the stamp was out of stock, which stamp do I want instead? Uh, how about A REFUND?! They seemed upset that I would want a refund, when I was the one who should be upset that if I hadn't asked, they were perfectly happy to not tell me the stamp was out of stock (and isn't that against ebay pollicy when the auction says they have the stamp and then it's out of stock?).
Polyshrink Goddess

Soon after I read sprtchick's post, I opened a paypal dispute around the 15th. I heard from Simon Says Stamp on the 18th telling me that they had shipped on the 6th and I should have rec'd it buy now and so they "RESHIPPED" it to me. I rec'd it today, the 21st and the date on the label said Nov 6. It was probably sitting around their shop since the 6th. Anyway, I am happy I rec'd my set and I will not buy from them again.
Kookie Creator

I've bought from them a few times -- great service.
Polyshrink Goddess

I would never buy from them again. When I was relatively new at scrapbooking, I saw a listing on Ebay that read "Stampin Up Inspiration & 12 Regal Rich VINTAGE MARKERS. I thought these markers were Stampin' Up brand because of the way the ad was written. They chose names for them like Stampin' Up names only backwards.....Subtle Soft, Bright Bold, etc which I think is misleading. I was away when they arrived and by the time I returned it was too late to return them. The markers are not bad, but they are not Stampin' Up either. I think their prices are high compared to some of the other companies listed on this board.
Rubber Obsessor

I purchased a few stamps from them a year or so ago; I was very unhappy with the way the stamps were packaged....it is a miracle I received the order intact as the package was poorly sealed and half open when I received it.
I have never purchased any other items from Simon Says.
Polyshrink Goddess

I believe they are located in the Phoenix area. They are one of the larger sellers on ebay of Stamps and stamp supplies.
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindamourView Post
I believe they are located in the Phoenix area. They are one of the larger sellers on ebay of Stamps and stamp supplies.
Their website says they are in Ohio.
Hardware Hotshot

The first thing that came to mind when I seen the title of this post was how they do a lot of "keyword spamming" using the Stampin' UP! brand. I have never bought anything from them and from the looks of the other posters, I should be glad that I didn't

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvallthisstampinView Post
Soon after I read sprtchick's post, I opened a paypal dispute around the 15th. I heard from Simon Says Stamp on the 18th telling me that they had shipped on the 6th and I should have rec'd it buy now and so they "RESHIPPED" it to me. I rec'd it today, the 21st and the date on the label said Nov 6. It was probably sitting around their shop since the 6th. Anyway, I am happy I rec'd my set and I will not buy from them again.

This very same thing happened to me with an order from Simon Says Stamp. Said my order was shipped and gave me a confirmation number.Order never came so they reshipped it. Funny when the order came it had the original confirm # on it.. I'm like you I know it was just laying around ready to be shipped.
I ordered from them once before with no problems.
Stazon Splitcoast

I just had a dispute with then settled in my favor. They never shipped the two items and had my money for over a month. They do not respond to Emails and Ebay gave me their phone number. They did not return my calls. I left messages. After close to 4 weeks and after trying everything possible I filed a dispute with Paypal to get my money back. They never responded to Paypal either which resulted in my getting my money back. They say they shipped my stuff the week of 11/10 but I have yet to receive it. That is still a solid month after I paid for it. Anyway, the day Paypal gave my money back they filed a non paying bidder and say they have proof I received my stuff the last business day before the dispute was settled...I have yet to receive my stamps. Anyway, trust and safety is looking at them now and they might be in trouble.....I dont know for sure. Also I filed an appeal to the non paying bidder filing they made. So far I am not charged with the non paying bidder. They had my money...I just dont get it. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop there again.
Mad Swapper

Hi All!
Just for the record, Simon Says Stamp is a team of wonderful gals who work very, very hard around the clock for our customers. We do process a large volume of orders, especially around the holiday season and it is unfortunate we cannot make everyone happy all of the time. In our defense, I will note that we have had huge growing pains over the past year with the opening of our new store. The ebay invoicing glitches and other ebay issues have been difficult to overcome and daily we are working with ebay to fix. We have more than tripled our manpower and quadrupled our warehouse space in 2008 in efforts to ease these growing pains.

As far as our Simon says Stamp feedback, we have powerseller status on ebay with over 27,000 happy customers in our ebay store this year alone. I think if you spoke with many of our customers, you will see how far out we reach to make them happy. Our repeat customer base is among the highest on ebay as over 50% of our ebay business is from repeat customers. If you have an issue with us, I urge you to email us so that we may resolve for you.

Again, I will mention that it is unfortunate that we cannot make everybody happy all of the time. However, we work day and night 7 days a week to do the best we can. Every single day, we are striving to offer you the best selection of stamping supplies at affordable costs. We even started our own line of stamps made in the USA! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the team work and hands on attention our Team Members provide our customers.

Unfortunately, we are human, and do make mistakes, but we work very very hard and are honest kind people.

In any case, happy holidays to you all! Happy stamping too!
Many rubber Hugs,
Simon Says Stamp Team

Last edited by avonlea; 12-18-2008 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: promotional language
Stazon Splitcoast

unfortunately after a few good orders, the last two were a complete nightmare. They did not respond to ANY messages via Ebay messaging regarding the items I purchased. I did not get any response to telephone message. After MORE THAN 30 days, I felt I had exhausted all my options to get my product or secure a refund so I contacted Paypal. Seller NEVER responded to attempts by Paypal to get this worked out. Paypal eventually decided in my favor and returned my money. The day they returned my money Simonsaysstamp filed a non paying bidder for the two items I had just been refunded on...huh? what is that all about? This would have resulted in two nonpaying bidder strikes against me had he gotten what he wanted. Ebay trust and Safety stepped in and made sure that did not happen. Then on the next order (am I stupid or what? I tried to give the benefit of the doubt) big mistake. I won auction on 11/17. Paid in full for the two items on 11/18 and after several weeks with no product, again attempted to contact Simonsaysstamp. Again I had to contact Paypal for a refund...Simonsaysstamp tried to claim an OLD delivery confirmation from previous order was for the current order. Paypal and Ebay saw the date on the delivery confirmation was BEFORE I ever placed the second order. Again, no communication. He asked me to call him but I said no as I wanted a record of all communication that was that. Paypal again decided in my favor and refunded my money. I have filed two reports on this seller with Ebay trust and safety. His rating on shipping is down to 4.6. When he gets to 4.2 they will not allow him to sell on Ebay anymore. My feedback is 100% and I am not a dishonest person. I have all the emails and responses from Ebay and Paypal to prove my case. Blessings.

PS. Here is another thread on this vendor.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by avonlea; 12-18-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: facts are ok. removed accusatory comments
Kookie Creator

love them...But I have had a lot of trouble with them..lots of waiting weeks and weeks. when you think your stamps are mailed. beware alittle. It is hard to resist there prices sometimes...
Die Cut Diva

I LOVE them!!! I have been a customer of theirs for about 4 years now and I don't shop anywhere else on Ebay! They have ALWAYS gone over and above the call of duty on any order - and have found me stamps that I couldn't find anywhere else!! The girls there are always friendly and responses to emails are fast. Yes, shipping issues have arisen, but I KNOW it is not their fault! Once you get that confirmation email, it has been mailed....the rest is up to USPS or Canada Post or wherever you are ordering from! IF you have a problem with that, take it up with your federal postal system!!

{{hugs to you all at Simon Says}} You know I love you!!
Stazon Splitcoast

**spew**
Stazon Splitcoast

Please excuse my Spew...I had several good transactions with them and I know about busy and shipping issues...there is however NO GOOD REASON to blantanly lie not once but TWICE to paypal and EBAY to try and keep my money. First trying to say I never paid since they had my money for about 5 weeks and NEVER shipped which they tried to file a nonpaying bidder on the day AFTER paypal returned my money. And on the second order that was NEVER shipped they provided a shipping confirmation from an old order. That was easy to weed out because the items were not the same as what I purchased and Paid for. I always understand busy and shipping delays, I do not understand Blantant lies.
I too loved shopping there a few months ago.
Blessings...again I apolgize for spewing.
Compulsive Stamper

I won't buy from them after their poor response on sprtchick's thread where they accused her of airing out her dirty laundry and then they went ahead and said a few things about the people who complained about them that were not necessary and were, in fact, airing their own dirty laundry. Not professional IMO.
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems like we're going in circles here. I'm gonna shut this one down. If you have any questions, please contact me privately. Thanks!

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team