Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:21 AM   #201  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is such an interesting thread to me. I like reading all the opinions of people. It's like watching a dramatic movie for me. lol.

The first time I went to my demo's (now uplines) house for club, and I looked at the catalog, I was floored at the prices. I have never done any stamping before in my life, and so it all seemed high to me. However, I spent $50 (it was during SAB) anyways, and never looked back. Over the following months I continued to place those $50 and up orders, because I loved the product. When it comes to SU! stuff I don't even blink an eye at shipping. Not sure why, because in all honesty, when I am shopping online for something (anything, Amazon, clothes, whatever) I am trying to get the best deal and find the best shipping option for the cost.

The ONE exception to this was the time I bought my ATG gun online. I was SO incredibly eager for that stupid thing I paid for overnight shipping! Seriously, I ended up paying MORE for the shipping than the gun. Crazy, eh? I have no idea why I did that. lol.

Ok, don't mean to keep bringing this thread up, I just had to place a comment after spending the 1 hour reading it! lol. Happy Stamping everyone....SCS is my place of inspiration, this place seriously rocks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #202  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I've never seen an invoice for my purchases from my Stampin' Up Consultant. I send her my order in an MSWord document attached to my e-mail and she e-mails me back with the total amount I owe for it. I take the money over to her and then go back whenever she e-mails me that she has received my order. My orders have been at least $100, many have qualified as a show. I guess that means I am paying quite a sum for tax, shipping and handling.

I've made comment that it always takes at least 2 weeks from the time I send her my order till it arrives at her house.

How are all of you getting an itemized invoice? Am I entitled to ask for an invoice?

Patti
This may have been answered already, I haven't finished reading the thread, but I just had to tell you that of course you are entitled to an invoice! Your demo may not use actual order forms if she chooses not to, but she can easily print an invoice from the SU website when it is ordered, or at the very least type out the actual costs in an email. I've used all three options in the past.

Regarding orders that qualify as a "show" or workshop, they must total $150 before tax and shipping, but shipping will be 10% of the total on ANY order over $69.50. Below that amount shipping minimum is $6.95. In other words, on your $100 orders you are not wasting any money on shipping. However, if you bumped your order to $150 you would qualify for $15 in hostess benefits plus a free level one hostess stamp set.

Regarding SU charging sales tax on the shipping (mentioned in a previous comment I believe) that is the law. At least in my state- maybe in all states- of that I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #203  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kristin, it isn't the law in all states. LOL, I wish it weren't in mine! Having to pay 8.7% on merchandise is bad enough, but having to pay it on shipping is irritating! But that's not SU's fault...they are just complying with Washington's law.

I remember when my SIL first started ordering from me; her state did not charge tax on hostess free merchandise at first. When they changed that, I was so upset, lol! I can't fathom that at all, but again, it isn't SU deciding to charge that...it's SU choosing to comply with the tax law of a state they do business in. So far, that tax isn't something my state has added...thank goodness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #204  
Stampin' Fool

Default shipping to demo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I've never seen an invoice for my purchases from my Stampin' Up Consultant. I send her my order in an MSWord document attached to my e-mail and she e-mails me back with the total amount I owe for it. I take the money over to her and then go back whenever she e-mails me that she has received my order. My orders have been at least $100, many have qualified as a show. I guess that means I am paying quite a sum for tax, shipping and handling.

I've made comment that it always takes at least 2 weeks from the time I send her my order till it arrives at her house.

How are all of you getting an itemized invoice? Am I entitled to ask for an invoice?

Patti

I don't understand why, if you are paying shipping, that your order is not delivered to your house. Mine comes to me.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #205  
Insane Embellisher

Here in NJ we now pay tax on shipping charges. Not SU's fault but a law in NJ.

I have to say that I had a tupperware party recently and everyone (even though the order was being delivered to me and I would split it up and deliver it to guests) was charged 10% shipping.

I think with most big Direct Sales companies like SU, Tupperware, etc - that is the going "rate".

I would much prefer to spend my 10% on more supplies!

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #206  
Insane Embellisher

Default It depends on how the order went in...

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I don't understand why, if you are paying shipping, that your order is not delivered to your house. Mine comes to me.

Jutta
If the order goes in as a workshop (your order is put together with other customer orders so that someone gets Hostess Benefits) then it has to be delivered to one address. If it goes in as a customer order (your order alone)it can be delivered anywhere that customer lives.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #207  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post

Jutta

Now there's a good question, Jutta. If I'm paying for shipping, I assume everyone else who is ordering at the same time is too. Are we each paying our individual portion and that's why our rep has it sent to her house? I assume I'm not paying for someone else's shipping. Does the rep do it that way for ease of distribution? If so, wouldn't it be easier, since we're each paying our own shipping (I'm assuming) to have each order shipped to the person who ordered it? That way none of us would have to schedule in "hooking up" to get our goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #208  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicsView Post
If the order goes in as a workshop (your order is put together with other customer orders so that someone gets Hostess Benefits) then it has to be delivered to one address. If it goes in as a customer order (your order alone)it can be delivered anywhere that customer lives.
This wasn't posted when I asked my ?, or I missed it, sorry.

If I'm contributing to someone else's hostess benefits, am I paying her shipping too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #209  
Gabfest Goddess

That's TERRIBLE that a state would charge tax on shipping! Wow. I guess I never thought of that. Maybe that's something Sen. Obama or Sen. McCain could help us with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #210  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
That's TERRIBLE that a state would charge tax on shipping! Wow. I guess I never thought of that. Maybe that's something Sen. Obama or Sen. McCain could help us with!
Cynamom, I notice your location is in the Chicago burbs. If that's correct, just so you know, our state not only charges tax on the shipping but also on the value of the hostess free merchandise as well. It's been that way for a while.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #211  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
This wasn't posted when I asked my ?, or I missed it, sorry.

If I'm contributing to someone else's hostess benefits, am I paying her shipping too?
Not w/ SU - hostess pays shipping on her order (shipping is free on her free items). Each guest pays her own shipping costs (10% of her own subtotal).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #212  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
Now there's a good question, Jutta. If I'm paying for shipping, I assume everyone else who is ordering at the same time is too. Are we each paying our individual portion and that's why our rep has it sent to her house? I assume I'm not paying for someone else's shipping. Does the rep do it that way for ease of distribution? If so, wouldn't it be easier, since we're each paying our own shipping (I'm assuming) to have each order shipped to the person who ordered it? That way none of us would have to schedule in "hooking up" to get our goodies.

Stampin' Up! doesn't offer split shipping at this time (we can all hope, wish and request it, but it hasn't appeared at this point). So anything in one workshop ships together, then gets split into each person's individual order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #213  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
Thanks for the answers to my previous questions, ladies.

This post made me laugh - yeah, they can help (guessing you meant that tongue-in-cheek, yes?). I think they'd be tempted to DOUBLE it. Sorry, didn't mean to get political :rolleyes: - slammed both sides anyway. Please forgive my slip.

Anyway, is it safe to assume that when SU! looks so expensive that this is at least part of the reason? (rhetorical question, if you like)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #214  
Insane Embellisher

Just remember - when placing a SU order you ONLY pay for shipping on your merchandise - no matter where it is shipped! You never pay for someone else's shipping

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #215  
Rubber Obsessor

I live in NH, so I don't pay the tax. Regarding shipping, I don't like shipping fees based on dollar amounts. I know a demonstrator who gives free shipping for orders over $99 and she is a wonderful demo.
Reply With Quote Likes