Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Husband Stories - add yours!

I love my DH and sometimes, he's too funny when we're in a craft store. He does woodburning for a hobby and he's just getting into it. He's realizing that all my stamping stuff wasn't bought at one time and is not cheap!

We were in Mike's last week and I had my 40% off coupon at the counter, ready to check out. My DH walks up and says, "Can I use your 40% coupon?" The sales lady looks at him, laughs and says, "Yeah, right, good luck there!" (She did give him his own 25% off coupon.) She looks at me and says, "He's new at this, huh?" We all laughed.

Out in the car, he asks me how come he didn't have a 40% off coupon and I tell him he needs to get his OWN Sunday paper for the coupon! No kidding, the next day he goes to the store and brings home TWO sunday papers! I didn't have the heart to tell him the Mike's coupon only comes out every other Sunday!

He's even said to me as we're leaving town to go shopping in the city, "Do you have your coupons for Mike's and JoAnn's?"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I love my DH and sometimes, he's too funny when we're in a craft store. He does woodburning for a hobby and he's just getting into it. He's realizing that all my stamping stuff wasn't bought at one time and is not cheap!

We were in Mike's last week and I had my 40% off coupon at the counter, ready to check out. My DH walks up and says, "Can I use your 40% coupon?" The sales lady looks at him, laughs and says, "Yeah, right, good luck there!" (She did give him his own 25% off coupon.) She looks at me and says, "He's new at this, huh?" We all laughed.

Out in the car, he asks me how come he didn't have a 40% off coupon and I tell him he needs to get his OWN Sunday paper for the coupon! No kidding, the next day he goes to the store and brings home TWO sunday papers! I didn't have the heart to tell him the Mike's coupon only comes out every other Sunday!

He's even said to me as we're leaving town to go shopping in the city, "Do you have your coupons for Mike's and JoAnn's?"
Don't forget to sign up on the Michael's website for emails. They send me coupons. So between the newspapers and the email coupons, hopefully, you and Hubby will have enough!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

That's a darling story!! I hope you do scrapbooking too, because that would be priceless in my book! LOL I can only DREAM my husband would ever even GO to the scrap store with me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my DH does not have a "crafty type" of Hobby. His thing is sports sports and did I mention he like sports. Loves to watch anything sports related. this happened a couple of years ago...
The Rubber stamp convention was in town ( I literally could walk to the convention center). I had spent ALL day there on Saturday. I had done Make and Takes and had showed him. I didn't think he even looked at them
(sports were on) I had told him that they were Make and Takes and weren't they cute for something you got to do for free BLA BLA ) I really wanted to go back on Sunday ( I was wanting to buy the stuff I passed up on Saturday LOL) I normally clean on Saturdays and thought I should stay home Sunday and get the house done.
Sunday morning DH jumps out of bed and gets dressed in a really hurried manner..I ask where are you going? He says I got to go to the Convention and make some DO and Goes and get some more rubbah!!!!
I Just about DIED!!!

Last edited by bdeyes9; 10-25-2008 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

My hubby won't even walk into a craft store. I think he's afraid that someone he knows might see him there and think he's not a "manly man".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

my huban prefers not to go inside (he has on a few occasions)

but he is willing to drop me at the door and wait in the parking lot. last time as i was getting out of the car he said... now go ahead and make sure you get what you need.

sigh... i was looking for the new holiday cuttlebug embossing folders. they had NONE!!!

so the next weekend there was an heirloom productions and he sent me with $150!

did i mention that i am a little bit spoiled?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine would not even know if I was gone. When I tell him I am leaving for the "fabric" store he says "Did you pack you pj's" and my reply is "and you are on your own for dinner".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Your stories are so funny! My dh isn't into crafts at all (though gives me a compliment if I shove something into his face and say whadya think?!) He loves to look at my completed scrapbook pages though becuase I think he's finally realized that it takes a lot of work and thought and this is a legacy we are BOTH leaving behind, even if he's just in the pictures or quotes ;) He'll walk about Mikes or other craft stores with me, it doesn't bother him one bit and tells me he'll watch the kids or push the cart so I can look in peace (( <3 ))

The only funny thing I remember him doing is when I got a new set of SU! stamps and had to trim the sticky mount rubber around them. There were tiny, tiny pieces left over and I had them on the table, ready to throw away. He came by, stopped and said "Oooh, are you going to use those?!" I said no, it's garbage - and, like a true handy husband, said "Cool, I can use that for stuff around the house!" Always a man, eh?! Straight into the toolbox it went, lol! :-D

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #9  
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Funny stories!
My DH was in my craft room when I hear "Honey, does NASA know you have this?" When I walked into the room he was holding my Crop-a-dile.
That's about it...he pretty much stays out of my "store" as he calls it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

My husband has decided he needs a new hobby (yeah right), and he's decided he wants to color with Prismacolor pencils. So we now have to look for stamps that he can color. And of course, he has to have all the colors of pencils. He really is sweet about going into craft stores with me though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Sometimes my hubby will come into my craft room and just ramdomly pick up things, asking what they are for. The latest thing was my Crop-A-Dile, he thought that was pretty heavy duty for paper crafting.

He will, on occasion go into a craft store with me, as long as we are not in there too long. He knows I use coupons for everything I can so if we are in the store and he spots something that he knows I have he will look at the price and then ask me what I paid for it with a coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I don't think my husband has ever set foot into a craft store. He does look at the scrapbooks and thinks they are very nice. He also appreciates the handmade cards I give him for birthdays and anniversaries.

When I first got into Stampin Up' and bought the stamps (Penguin Pals) and all the paper, ribbon, tape, etc I was so excited. I told him all about my plans for the handmade cards and all. Then he said "So this is cheaper than just buying cards?". I said, yes, of course it is. But that was many years ago He doesn't ask anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DH cleared out half his office for me. His desk is against one wall and he put an architect table (the kind that tilts) against the other wall for me. He's just happy I finally have a hobby that keeps me at home (I'm a hiker, so he also worries I'll get eaten by a bear and he'll have to make his own dinner).

He doesn't ask me how much I spend, but once he did ask if we should just add my SU! demo to the monthly automatic bill pay on Quicken :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

That is funny Kegbo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny, huh? Can't think of anything really, really funny.

When I get SU stamps we work together to mount them. I cut (he doesn't want to take a chance on accidently cutting into a stamp) and put the rubber on the wood. He puts the sticker on and then stamps it on an index card (I don't keep my SU stamps in the orig boxes but do keep an index card in the box so I know what was there). We have a lot of fun doing it together and he will often get carried away with the stamping part, making silly pictures on the index cards.

He always goes to the craft stores with me and goes in but will sometimes leave earlier and wait in the car. And often, when he does that, I find something on my seat that I had looked at in the store, or on my pillow that night.

Also, his desk and mine face each other and he will often sit with me and watch me stamp. Then, if he sees something he thinks will make life easier for me, he will go to the garage and make things for me. He's made a wall unit for stamp pads and such, a ribbon holder, actually two, shelving, 12 x 12 paper holder, regular sized paper holder, step stool for reaching up on the high shelves, a photo board, a punch holder, a marker holder and a holder for Sizzix dies. He is just terrific!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

My DB is pretty good when it comes to stamping. I always show him all my finish products and he always tells me they look great even if they don't. When I am having a bad time and feel really down he says "I know what will make you feel better, lets go to the craft store". He will take me, walk with me around the store (if we walk quickly) and usually purchase the items for me. He really does soil me sometimes. I support his hobbies (fishing, hockey, etc.) so in turn he supports my hobbies. His only rules is that I never purchase another card again from a store, all cards must be made by me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DH and I are both artists and though he supports my craft hobbies and likes to photograph my cards for me, he doesnt want the craft stuff to take over my painting. He also doesnt go into craft stores with me =P unless he wants to hurry me along or is looking for something art related. He stays in the car and plays with his camera =) His new hobby is renting camera lenses =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

I love my husband very much, but sometimes he is clueless. I have been a SU demo for over 6 years. My husband built me a room in the basement for all of my supplies. There are about one million SU boxes floating around our home. He recently had a silent auction at one of his work functions and bid and won a huge basket of Whipper Snapper Designs Rubber Stamps for me. He was so proud of himself. He thought all rubber stamps where the same and I would love them. I didn't have the heart to tell him that they are different companies!! These stamps really are lovely, but I just don't have the space to start collecting more. I am putting them on Webstore so that someone else can enjoy them and I will buy him a new fishing pole!
Nancy
http://crazystampinwomen.typepad.com/crazystampinwomen/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #19  
Montague Mingler

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupojafaView Post
Funny stories!
My DH was in my craft room when I hear "Honey, does NASA know you have this?" When I walked into the room he was holding my Crop-a-dile.
ROTFLMBO!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by denisecarolclarkView Post
Funny, huh? Can't think of anything really, really funny.

When I get SU stamps we work together to mount them. I cut (he doesn't want to take a chance on accidently cutting into a stamp) and put the rubber on the wood. He puts the sticker on and then stamps it on an index card (I don't keep my SU stamps in the orig boxes but do keep an index card in the box so I know what was there). We have a lot of fun doing it together and he will often get carried away with the stamping part, making silly pictures on the index cards.

He always goes to the craft stores with me and goes in but will sometimes leave earlier and wait in the car. And often, when he does that, I find something on my seat that I had looked at in the store, or on my pillow that night.

Also, his desk and mine face each other and he will often sit with me and watch me stamp. Then, if he sees something he thinks will make life easier for me, he will go to the garage and make things for me. He's made a wall unit for stamp pads and such, a ribbon holder, actually two, shelving, 12 x 12 paper holder, regular sized paper holder, step stool for reaching up on the high shelves, a photo board, a punch holder, a marker holder and a holder for Sizzix dies. He is just terrific!
what a lucky lucky girl you are!

he sure sounds like a keeper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupojafaView Post
Funny stories!

what a hoot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

These are all very cute stories! My DH will go in with me but always asks if I'm ready...and why does this take so long...I have learned to have him drop me off if there's something else he wants to run and do...I hate for him to be bored but I hate to be rushed too! Gotta love 'em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

You all have such lovely husbands! My DB is just starting to understand, after about 15 months of being together, what is is that I do when I say I'm staying home and "creating cards." I don't think he's ever been in Mikes. I wouldn't think he would even know where one was near where he lives. LOL.

Last week he did a great thing. We went on vacation to Santa Fe and Taos for a week. I had done some research here and found a thread about Albuquerque LSS's. I really wanted to go to Rhonda's Crafting. I sent him the link before we left with a message like, "This has to be on the list of stuff we do on vacation."

The night before we were driving back from Taos to Albuquerque he wanted to talk about what time we'd get going in the morning, etc. He said, "I know that your store closes at 5 so we have to leave Taos early enough so you can get there and have enough time to look around."

Wow. I had no idea he even registered that email in his brain. Just goes to show ... So we drive down to ABQ and get to the store at about 4:15 p.m. which leaves me just 45 minutes. I jump out of the car, and he reaches in the back for his book. I said, I don't mind if you sit out here and hang out, and he said, no, I'm coming in to see what the fuss is all about.

And he was so great, he walked around, and picked up a few stamps to show me the designs. He didn't look at his book once in the 45 minutes I was in there!

Then I promised never to do that to him again.

Today, I've been making cards for my first-ever craft fair on Nov. 8. He called to see how many I did today and how I felt about them. I kept the chatter to a minimum so I didn't bore him too much but it just felt so nice that he cares enough about me to take an interest in things that are my hobbies.

Maybe I'll keep him around...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this thread... I'm reading some things out loud to my DH and when there's a "good husband" story, he says, "Oh, they're just making it up ~ they're really just single ladies wanting to impress all of you!" He's just kidding of course.

My DH will look at cards I make and usually I get, "It's nice... you don't have to show me everything you make." Sometimes I get, "Beautiful!" But he does say he knows this hobby makes me happy. And he doesn't ever complain about the cost (he doesn't have a clue and I think he likes it that way!), so it's not all bad, right?!

I read the one about the husband helping his wife mount stamps and at the exact same time he said, "What?!" and my daughter (7) said "Really?!" To us, some of these stories sound very very surreal LOL!! I can't even imagine!!

Congratulations to all of you who have husbands who really care about your stamping and are supportive ~ I love to hear your stories
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

These are so funny! I am giggling at all the different DH stories.

DH doesn't go shopping with me but he will say, "PLEASE tell me you're going to Michaels today? I need more fish." Michaels is right next to PetSmart so of course I gladly oblige. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I too have a wonderful DH. Our typical once a month Saturday outing starts off with breakfast at Hardee's or K&W. No time to wait in a long line at IHOP or Cracker Barrel. Then it's off to A.C.Moore, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Every other weekend there is at least a 40% off coupon for all 3 places. He uses the coupons sometimes if he wants something as he is crafty as well. I always print off 3 coupons. 1 for me, 1 for him and 1 to give to someone who may not have one. Then he takes me to a wonderful Stamping and Scrapbook Store and gives me all the time I need to shop...yeah that's right he takes me cause I don't drive. Then it's off to his favorite places to go...Sam's Club, Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbour Freight or Northern Tools and of course Sear's. In two weeks I am going to the beach on a Baptist Babes at The Beach weekend with 10 other women and guess who is going with us? Yep... you guessed it... my DH who spends the weekend fishing, resting, shopping and eating whatever, whenever he wants to. We go down on Thursday morning and the other 10 women come down on Thursday evening. I spend the day with him when we get there and when the other ladies arrive he is then on his own. I only see him when it's time to go to bed. In the morning he is on his own again. We have no children and he supports my hobbies and I support his. I love this man and have for over 35 years. He's God given and a keeper for sure!!!

http://wanda50.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjinkoView Post

DH doesn't go shopping with me but he will say, "PLEASE tell me you're going to Michaels today? I need more fish." Michaels is right next to PetSmart so of course I gladly oblige. ;)
you must have A LOT of fish by now! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanda50View Post
I too have a wonderful DH. Our typical once a month Saturday outing starts off with breakfast at Hardee's or K&W. No time to wait in a long line at IHOP or Cracker Barrel. Then it's off to A.C.Moore, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Every other weekend there is at least a 40% off coupon for all 3 places. He uses the coupons sometimes if he wants something as he is crafty as well. I always print off 3 coupons. 1 for me, 1 for him and 1 to give to someone who may not have one. Then he takes me to a wonderful Stamping and Scrapbook Store and gives me all the time I need to shop...yeah that's right he takes me cause I don't drive. Then it's off to his favorite places to go...Sam's Club, Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbour Freight or Northern Tools and of course Sear's. In two weeks I am going to the beach on a Baptist Babes at The Beach weekend with 10 other women and guess who is going with us? Yep... you guessed it... my DH who spends the weekend fishing, resting, shopping and eating whatever, whenever he wants to. We go down on Thursday morning and the other 10 women come down on Thursday evening. I spend the day with him when we get there and when the other ladies arrive he is then on his own. I only see him when it's time to go to bed. In the morning he is on his own again. We have no children and he supports my hobbies and I support his. I love this man and have for over 35 years. He's God given and a keeper for sure!!!

http://wanda50.blogspot.com
you DEFINITELY have a keeper!

this is just wonderful
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #29  
Glitter Guru

My DH is so wonderful about my hobby! He always goes into all of the craft and stamp stores with me. Last year, I saw the Ollie and Olivia stamps for the first time here on SCS. I really wanted to get them but didn't know where to find them. He searched and found them online for me, and I hadn't even asked him to! He will help me look for stuff in the craft store- embellies, paper, stamps, whatever I am looking for. He has also designed a stamping space for me on the computer for when we have room for it- a huge work area/desk, cabinets, shelving, the works! I know it has gotten really bad because I was on the phone with him and he was telling me about a rug he was thinking about buying (he is in Kuwait right now) and he was describing the colors using SU! color names- chocolate chip, bashful blue, rose red. Poor guy, I hadn't realized how much stamping I had subjected him too! He is also going to help me with the baby shower invites and favors for a friend of mine! I have to say that I definitely have a keeper!

Check out My Gallery!

Proud Army wife!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

My DH doesn't really care to go to the craft store with me. But he'll keep all the kids at home so that I can do myself. He'll also stop and let me shop if we find a store on vacation or such.

However, he did build me an entire room for my stuff and never says a single word about what I spend and buy. He calls is playing with paper and glue LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I have really enjoyed reading your stories on here. Nice to hear there are so many nice chaps around. I am also so lucky to have a husband who takes a genuine interest in what I do and he always looks at what I make. Just as well he doesn't mind coming to the craft shop with me, his French is fluent (and mine isn't!) so I do actually need him to help sometimes when I want stuff. He is also such a sweetie. He works away in Paris all week and there is a cracking scrap shop there. He goes in after a long day at work (on his own!!!) with my list and comes home with a bag of goodies. I couldn't ask for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine enables too much, if I even glance sideways at something he keeps at asking if I want it cause I can have it if I need it. Duh ofcourse I need it LOL. He is an artist too and I have to sneak off to go to a craft store alone. I prefer to go alone or mount my stamps when he is not home cause we have different tastes and do things differently when it comes to art. He obviously doesn't care what I spend on it and only asks if I have something and he wants one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:19 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

I have to say my husband is pretty darn good. He has admitted he knows "too much" -- he knows I have the Cricut, the Cuttlebug (and knows what it does). He bought me my Prismas for Christmas last year, went in search of OMS for me and even bought a container for me to put it in on my desk. He gives me an opinion when I ask for one. My stamping space is in our office and he frequently looks for ways to get me more space. We have two little ones (3 & 1) and their little fingers tend to get into things too easily (or they flop onto the laptop, as the 1 year old just did). He is constantly looking for ways to keep things accessible to me and out of their hands. Plus, he will take the kids off my hands in order for me to "work".

Add all of that to his "blind eye" to many of the purchases I have made, I think he is a keeper as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:43 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I have a great DH too. He does tease me about my stamping and crafting, but also supports what I do. I've been involved in cross stitch before we were married, 23 years ago, and I've been stamping for over 18 years.

The new Michael's opened and he drove DD (11) and I up there to look around, it's a 45 minute drive, one way. He came in, said, "It looks different? Don't spend any money." and went back to the car. DD and I were rolling our eyes and laughing. Then we each get a text message that we can spend $20, each. LOL!!! Money is tight for us right now, so although $20 isn't a lot for some, it was a great gift. We didn't spend the entire amount, DD and I have so much stuff as it is, we just picked up some of the stuff that was on sale or that we could use the coupons on. We just roamed around looking at all the stuff.

DS (17) plays on the Varsity Football Team, and my crafting has rubbed off on him too. When he was a lot younger he and our older son (now 20) had their own stamps and such, so they've been exposed to crafting for years. DS was telling us last year at the beginning of the season that the guys had to peel these logo stickers off and stick them on their helmets. Most of the players pulled the large sticker off and it kept sticking to itself and they'd have to have help fixing it. Not my son, he rolled the paper back, started the sticker on the helmet, slowly worked the paper off and then pressed the bubbles out. : ) The coach was watching him and commented that was how his wife does stickers too. ROFL.

DH is a keeper, especially today since it's our 23rd wedding anniversary. I get to spend the day in my craft room and I'll fix DH a tri tip dinner. DH is working a weird shift so he won't be able to enjoy an evening out, so we'll spend it at home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Happy anniversary!!

My husband knows all the lingo too. If we go somewhere and give a card to someone he will tell them " oh that was dry embossed and colored with Prismss and see that, she used pop dots to give it a 3-D look. Too funny.

He did recently build me a wooden shelf to hold my wood mounted stamps. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by akfbettsView Post
These are all very cute stories! My DH will go in with me but always asks if I'm ready...and why does this take so long...I have learned to have him drop me off if there's something else he wants to run and do...I hate for him to be bored but I hate to be rushed too! Gotta love 'em!
In our area, Hobby Lobby and Harbor Freight (his favorite store) are almost next door to each other so if he gets restless, it's easy for him to visit his store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post

I read the one about the husband helping his wife mount stamps and at the exact same time he said, "What?!" and my daughter (7) said "Really?!" To us, some of these stories sound very very surreal LOL!! I can't even imagine!!

That's my hubby. We really do have fun with it! Especially when it gets to the stamping on the index cards. I SO wish he would make cards because he's very creative and I know he would be good at it. He tells me he'll try it someday...He also says part of being married is sharing and it doesn't hurt him to sit still with me and put stamps together. He also says I'm making all the husbands hate him by telling this stuff. He has lots to say, huh? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #38  
Kookie Creator

My DH doesn't say much about my stamping but he really likes when I give my hand made cards to him and other people. He has said that he can tell how much happier I am when I spend more time in my craft room and actually encourges me.

I generally don't go into craft stores, etc. when I am with him. He is willing to wait in the car for a period of time if I am just running in to get something. But when I want to browse for a couple of hours, no way!

My last birthday I woke up to find a hand made card by him on my refrigerator door!! It was a piece of white paper written with a blue ink pen that said Happy Birthday! I told the women at the monthly SU meet that my husband was getting into cardmaking himself, they all gasped in amazment. Then I showed them the "card"!! ROTFL They all had a good laugh.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjinkoView Post

We have a similar arrangement...my DH is into video gaming...and he keeps up on the spending for the most part...if he gets a day off work he will offer to take me to Archivers or Joanns, which means he is dropping me off and going to Best Buy. I like it that way though...it's an hour drive to the city, so I get company on the trip, and I don't have to feel guilty about how much I spend because I know he will spend more. His last TV purchase covers me through the next year at least!

At home if we get a lazy day, he has his thing and I have mine...and the best part is, the kids prefer the gaming...so I get left alone!

No way would he ever help me mount stamps... though sometimes I think it would be nice if he would scrap with me...we would get time to actually talk!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

I've been cracking up at the stories. DH finally asked 'what?' I read him a few. He laughed too.

Mine's famous for his 'oh, that's nice' comment when I show him something I did. And its that TONE. You know the one, a combination of fake excitement and forced interest...kinda like when the kids show you the same drawing of a sun and moon you've seen a hundred times before. You have to be interested and encourage their efforts despite how uninterested you really are.

Thankfully, so long as I use the stuff I have, he's ok with my hobby. I haven't been using things as much due to time constraints, so I've stopped buying stuff. He has golf, I have paper crafts.
Reply With Quote Likes