Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sellabration

I am new to all of this and have heard about sellabratoin. I've been told for each $50 you spend you may choose a stamp set (sellabration). Are these new stamp sets or ones in the catty?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

New stamp sets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:28 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

This is a special promotion, and there are special sets available to choose from. I think sellabration happens in the spring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:33 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the quick response! Do you usually save up and place a big order? Is it in Jan. or Feb?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:34 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

They are new stamp sets preselected by Stampin' Up. You receive a free set for every $50 of product you purchase (no limit). Sell-a-bration is held in the months of January and February.

~Addicted to Stampin' and Proud of It~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Behind a desk working to support my STAMPIN' habit!

Just my 2 cents.... last year during Sellabration I hosted a party and made sure I was spending $200 (of course I would have loved to have spent more) so I would get all 4 of the SAB sets. But, with the party I had, there were lots of orders, and last year, if your sales were so much, you got a free SAB set, and another for so much more in sales... I ended up with the 4 from my own order, plus 3 more, which I gave to my mom. I'm in a "hostess club" that just started it's third rotation, and was smart enough to grab February as my hostess month before anyone else remembered that was one of the 2 Sellabration months! Not only am I saving up for what I want, but that was a great month to have a party because everyone else is usually trying to spend AT LEAST $50 if not $100 so they can get the Sellabration sets that they want! You wind up a big winner!

Sorry this was lengthy, but hope it gave you an idea to have a party one of the 2 months!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

That was a great 2 cents. A few of us are thinking of starting a stamping club so that's good to keep in mind. A question with the "hostess club". How many do you have in the group? Does your demo always come? I think I'll try and grab a Jan or Feb and book soon. Do you enjoy the hostess club?....if so what's your favorite thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay, here's how ours works.....

Yes, Demo attends and has us do 2 cards. Usually it's a new technique on each card or a favorite technique we've already done (but usually new). There are 11 of us, and we spend $25.00 each, minimum, so that way each month whoever is hostess gets a minimum of a $275.00 for a party that month. The "hostess" can get outside orders to up her party total and it all works really well! Hardly anyone ever just spends the "minimum" but if we do, that's fine because that's what we signed up for. Our Demo gathers all of the orders that night (if someone doesn't show up for whatever reason - she gets their orders over the next few days). Then, we can either pick our orders up from her or wait until next "club". I ABSOLUTELY love "hostess club"... it works out well for everyone! My favorite things are 1) we learn new techniques 2) we take home 2 great new idea cards 3) we've got a great group and we all get along well! 4) you don't feel like you have to have a big order to give your Demo... you're ordering EVERY month!

Also... my next turn at Hostess is in February, and since I know it will be a good month with everyone wanting Sellabration sets, I won't have to spend a whole $200.00 to get the sets on my own (that is if SU is doing the same as last year by letting you earn sets with your party totals... I think it was a set every $300.00). FYI - The new mini-catalog for March/April/May will be coming out, so I may have my own "book party" so that I can earn THAT hostess incentive in the mini-catalog. (the only way I can spend this much money during this period is that I save up BIG for these months! Hubby owes me after hunting season!)

Anyway, I hope my "2 cents" has helped... if you have any other questions as an SU customer, I'll be glad to help! Feel free to email me direct if need be, it would be quicker!

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I am wondering what the amount is that you have to spend is in Canada? Is it usually the same every year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a reminder. Although this is the way Sell-A-Bration has worked the last couple of years, there is no way to be sure that it will work like this again next time. Not too long ago (or I wouldn't be able to remember it ) you had to spend $25 and you could purchase one of the Sell-A-Bration sets for $7.95. We won't know "the rules" for sure until they publish it officially.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 04:49 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

thanks cathy, you're right about not knowing until they publish it! just giving examples of last years awesome deal! i like the spending $25.00 and buying one for $7.95.... wonder what they'll do this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 05:34 AM   #12  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Not too long ago (or I wouldn't be able to remember it ) you had to spend $25 and you could purchase one of the Sell-A-Bration sets for $7.95
I like that idea.... Must have been before I started really getting "into" stamping because since I have been with SU it has always been spend $50 get free set.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 06:11 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Default Re: Sellabration

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully219
I am new to all of this and have heard about sellabratoin. I've been told for each $50 you spend you may choose a stamp set (sellabration). Are these new stamp sets or ones in the catty?
I love sellabration. It happened in Feb. this year. I was able to get all four sets. They were all cute sets too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2004, 05:10 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Kind of a strange question, do you have to host a party to take advantage of the SAB, or can I just order through the demonstrator.

Also, I was told it's $80CDN to receive a free set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashers
Kind of a strange question, do you have to host a party to take advantage of the SAB, or can I just order through the demonstrator.

Also, I was told it's $80CDN to receive a free set.
You do not need to host a party to get SAB stamp sets. Just a $50 order w/your demonstrator to get you started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Hi Tashers,

No, your order didn't have to be part of a party necessarily.... just submitted to a demonstrator.

I'm *DYING* to see the S-A-B sets for this coming promo!
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes