Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever added up everything you wanted from a company?

I just went through the entire PTI website and made a giant wishlist. All added up it's $1387.00 That somehow seems really reasonable lol. I won't be placing one big order though, but it's fun to fantasize.

Erin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

A grown ups letter to Father Christmas type thing?!

I have a sign up in my house-it's a bit naff but sums me up pretty well:

'All I want is everything'

That's my answer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I have a wish list on excel with the product number, item description and price for the current SU catty items that I want, I also used the formula to calculate the total cost. Everytime that I buy something on the list I delete it. I think the last time that I checked my total was around the $1500 dollar mark. I also just priced out what it would cost me if I got all of the Copic markers and that comes to over $1200 before taxes and shipping and I probably should count in the duty with that. I like to make up list of what I want to get, then as I get each item I cross it off. Sometimes I go back to the list in a few weeks and decided that some of the things I have on it are things that I don't think I will really use so I take them off the list. I makes things easier for me if I have a list and try and stick to it, it works better for the budget, and if I leave the list just lying around my DH will see it and maybe call my demo and order something for me for my Christmas present.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure! Making a list is so much fun, and then I keep making lists--whittling down each time--until I can afford it, LOL! Sometimes, it takes a lot of whittling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

um, i have never done this!!! partially because i think it would be too scary to see the total of what i want! especially at a store like papertrey or all that scraps or somewhere like that!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

It's not scary, it lets you say to yourself, "ok exactly how much would it cost if I got EVERYTHING I WANTED, no holds barred" I think it's fun lol.

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #7  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Oh yes!

Always FUN to make a WISH LIST of everything! It's FUN to dream!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Default Make a list, check it twice, thrice, until it adds up to the right number

I also keep a list on Excel of everything I want by company. Since Excel can keep several worksheets within a file I keep a tab for each year (I have back to about 5 years) and it also helps me keep track of what I've purchased lest I spend precious dollars on a duplicate item! Depending on the catalog, sometimes my SU! wish list is several hundred dollars and other times only a few hundred but either way I prioritize what I want for my monthly club orders. If I didn't I'd just spend completely uncontrollably -- not that its all that controlled now, but at least I'm more aware of what I'm buying! I keep my PTI purchases that way and also my CatEye inks because I once realized I'd bought orchid pastel 4 times !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I just wish PTI would not dump things out of my shopping cart. I used to put in a few items before the release, but for some reason, my cart gets dumped and I have to start over!

I just went through Amuse and added up what I want from them. It was only about $120.00 so I felt good.

I am going to divide up my PTI list and let my parents and hubby have parts of it for Christmas. They both love free shipping, so I can given them each 50 dollars worth of orders. Then on Christmas I'll get just what I want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Erin, you just crack me up!! I remember your first wish list for Stampin' Up!!

I love making lists, too, and it's just as fun to cross things off once you get them. I used to do that with the new SU catalogs and then put them in quarterly groups.

I can't imagine what my what-if-I-could-get-whatever-I-want list would look like for Papertrey Ink... it'd probably be a little less than yours as I've been buying from them longer, but it would be sizeable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

A few catalogues ago I made a very conservative, reasonable wish list from when the TAC catty came out. I guess it wasn't so "reasonable" when it came to $900+ !!!!! Sigh...it's fun to dream... ;-)

Oh, and I did start ordering slowly from the catty. I covered A LOT of the list, but then I kept wanting more, too, as I saw other samples and such... :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I keep lists with item, cost, page number, etc., from a few DS companies and a few local stores. I kinda rotate with my tiny weekly fun money what I buy and then for Christmas and birthday I hit up hubby for some checks. It's fun to dream and plan. Then fun to shop and finally, fun to sit down and play with my new toys. Get a life, right?!?!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Erin, you just crack me up!! I remember your first wish list for Stampin' Up!!

I love making lists, too, and it's just as fun to cross things off once you get them. I used to do that with the new SU catalogs and then put them in quarterly groups.

I can't imagine what my what-if-I-could-get-whatever-I-want list would look like for Papertrey Ink... it'd probably be a little less than yours as I've been buying from them longer, but it would be sizeable.
LOL, I'm always happy to entertain I've made good dents in my SU list, then made the decision to be officially a hobby demo, so that opened up the possibilities for all these other companies, too much fun! My PTI list is pretty much every color collection, every pallette ink, and every stamp set except maybe 10 I didn't like lol.

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I just wish PTI would not dump things out of my shopping cart. I used to put in a few items before the release, but for some reason, my cart gets dumped and I have to start over!

I just went through Amuse and added up what I want from them. It was only about $120.00 so I felt good.

I am going to divide up my PTI list and let my parents and hubby have parts of it for Christmas. They both love free shipping, so I can given them each 50 dollars worth of orders. Then on Christmas I'll get just what I want!
I believe the PTI site 'dumps' your cart prior, because the web site re-sets to include all the newly released items to be able to be added in your shopping cart. I keep a note of what I want and then add it after the release. Sometimes 3 or 4 days after the release....because I really have to watch my budget now! ;)

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love writing lists. I mostly do it formally for scrapbooking materials, though. For stamping, I mostly buy Stampin' Up, and I just use tabs in my catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

Hmmm...I have the opposite problem-no list for me, I just keep shopping...lol...and I hate to even think of adding up what I've spent on PTI this year....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Wink What you Already Have ?????

;) Have you ever added up what you already have!!!! I had to inventory everything when we moved from the US to Malaysia both for insurance purposes and so that we knew everything had arrived!!!!! Oh my, not only did my DH get a shock, I did too. Didn't realise that buying brads, etc at HL with my discount coupons could add up to soooo much!!! Of course know that I am on the other side of the world, I have a huge wish list and can only get things when I know someone coming this way, so I normally splurge a couple of times a year!!! I do miss the easy access to all things stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I keep wish lists for different companies that I like (including Stampin UP). My list usually starts out real long too. But then I look at everything again and whittle it down.

Then when I have funds to order something I know what my favorites are so I don't buy something on impulse when there is something else I would have rather had.

It also helps having lists from different companies that might have similar stamps that I like. I can then find which is my favorite and avoid buying things that are too much alike or buying one that is much more expensive for a similar stamp somewhere else.

Always making sure I get the most for the money I spend!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

i took out renter's insurance a year or two ago - until then, I never had much worth insuring - used, thrift store furniture and older clothes, house hand-me-downs, etc.

BUT NOW, i have been building my craft studio collection since I was about 16, and i think it's worth more than everything else i own put together! (which still isn't too much! i'm young and broke!)

i have put together lists, but usually stop when they get over $1,000 - I haven't gotten that much from those lists, since new stuff comes out and then I want that instead...

my deal with myself is to pull out something old and use it when I am making something with new product - that way it gets used but looks fun and new! i don't always manage this, but i am slowly making my way through old materials!

(hmm... that was a little bit of a tangent to this post, but i was thinking about it as i was reading a couple of the more recent ones - thanks for listening to my sleepless, late-night ramblings!)

Have a great week!
Katie B.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, so I tried this... I used Papertrey, of course... And with only the stamps I want, my total is $531... I'm pretty happy with that! I really don't want to go back and add up all the "extras" that I want besides the stamps! That might be too scary!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerWarView Post
Ok, so I tried this... I used Papertrey, of course... And with only the stamps I want, my total is $531... I'm pretty happy with that! I really don't want to go back and add up all the "extras" that I want besides the stamps! That might be too scary!!!

That's it? I say go for it

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a running SU, TAC and MFT, PTI and LAD...all total maybe $500? I have about what I want and am into a lot of the nee stamps.

Easy......

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

My wish list from SU is less this year than last *evil grin*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

OMG!!! You ladies are evil!!! Pure unabashed evil!!! And I love it!

Ok, Erin... I'm thinking about adding everything else I want on to my total... But I'm scared that would chase me away!!! LOL! I may never shop there if I know I'm half a breath away from spending $1500!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Been wanting to especially for Christmas but it'll be huge and many lists. Need one from each company you love right. :mrgreen:

I do this with CTMH and Su then I cross off what I order.

But have not done it yet with all the companies I love. It'd be too scary I think. But must do it for Christmas ideas. :mrgreen: Us poor stampers who must do what we have to. LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I just added up ALMOST everything I want from PTI (keep in mind I have nothing from them right now)....my total was $1526.

It would be awesome if I could afford to order this stuff, but I guess I will have to order a little at a time.

I would also love to buy some COPIC markers, but they are very expensive. That is a dream that I will have to work very hard to be able to afford.

I just love to order new craft stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
I have a wish list on excel with the product number, item description and price for the current SU catty items that I want, I also used the formula to calculate the total cost. Everytime that I buy something on the list I delete it.
This is exactly what I do except I keep it in google docs. It is organized by type: paper, ribbon, recurring, stamp sets, etc. I also have a tab for what I have purchased and when. So, I can see how long a SNAIL refil lasts for me, for instance. My current total is just under $1000 although that's probably because I am waiting to see what embossing things SU comes out with to go through the big shot before I buy one. Big
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

:oops: I really try to keep lists because I'm bad about impulse purchases.

For SU, it's much to easy to go to a stamp club meeting and buy everything that is demo'd. Now, I won't buy it til the next month unless it's on the list. Saves me from getting sets I like but that I don't use that often. My list is about $300 so we'll see if I make it through before the next catty.

My problem is my LSS. It carries a great variety of great products. If I go in after they get a new shipment from a vendor I pick something up because I know I won't find it again easily. I've gotten great stamps from Gina K, Lockhart, MFT, memory box (and too many others to list), but non of them are planned.

I really limit online shopping -- it's sooooo easy for me to go overboard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

I've done this since I was young so it hasn't always been SU but that's all I do now. Since I've gotten a little more confident (and in more debt) I've enlarged my stamp collection AND the total wish list for the newest catty is smaller than I've ever had but still over a grand!! I write down EVERYTHING I'd like, even if at that time I'm not sure, I just think it's a cute set and money is no object. Obviosly when it comes time to purchase I do some research to see if others have liked it, etc. Many of my earlier sets were bought because they were cute but I didn't know how to use them, etc. so they were kind of worthless for a beginner. It's fun to dream!! And it's cheaper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

I have lists by each company in a word document. I color them in a different color when I've atually ordered them (this is because it takes longer to ship to the UK and I sometime forget what I've ordered) and then when they arrive I delete the items from the list. However, the list never seems to get any shorter as each month I add new things to each list and sometimes new companies that I've discovered I need.

My SU list is separate though, hand written and tucked into my catalogue. That way I have it to hand when I'm ordering and can quickly see what things I need to add to bump my order up to the next hostess level or for my hostess freebies (which I totally forgot about on my last order).

I love having lists of the things I want, but I know in reality I will never be able to get them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Yup. Every time a new SU! catalogue comes out, I prepare an Excel file to keep track of what I have and what I want. Since I include the prices in it, it's easy to add a sum to my wish list. Oh boy. Sometimes, those numbers can be scary.

I always joke with my clients, Do you think SU! has a code number to get everything in the catalogue at once? Let's say someone wins the million or something... Can you just picture the conversation?

*Calling SU!*
ME: Yes, hi. I'd like to order the catalogue.
DS: You mean an Idea Book and Catalogue? Sure!
ME: No, no, I mean, the WHOLE catalogue. Everything in it. No need for gift wrap, thanks.

:mrgreen:

Cindy

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_canadaView Post
*Calling SU!*
ME: No, no, I mean, the WHOLE catalogue. Everything in it. No need for gift wrap, thanks.

Cindy
Oh, I would like to do that too.
Yes I have added everything I want from companies in an excel sheet. Thus far my totals are SU: $1000, PTI: $700, Stamping Bella: $350 and this is on top of what I already have, oh and SU and Stamping Bella are in Canadian funds but PTI isn't so depending on the exchange rate of the day it could be more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_canadaView Post
Yup. Every time a new SU! catalogue comes out, I prepare an Excel file to keep track of what I have and what I want. Since I include the prices in it, it's easy to add a sum to my wish list. Oh boy. Sometimes, those numbers can be scary.

I always joke with my clients, Do you think SU! has a code number to get everything in the catalogue at once? Let's say someone wins the million or something... Can you just picture the conversation?

*Calling SU!*

Cindy
Hmmmm.... that sounds a bit like Erin's (Paper Kissy) first SU! wish list, doesn't it ??! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

When I went through my first catalog I received from SU back in 2005 or 2006...my total was like $1500! Yowzers! I probably actually only spent $500 that whole year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Red face

I did that once and scared myself! Therefore, I try NOT to do that anymore. Also, the fact that we are so lucky to be able to spend money on all this stuff while others are struggling, made me feel pretty guilty. So now I make myself promise that I will actually USE what I buy. That helps.... for a while and then I start "drooling" over stamps again, like a kid in a candy store. Guess I just can't win! :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ha ha, I find it fun too. I did this with the new SU catty and mine was around 1500!!! WHOA it was very scary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

The Wish List I give my SU! clients is actually titled "Dream List." Less scary that way, 'cos we can dream all we want, right?

Quote:

Hmmmm.... that sounds a bit like Erin's (Paper Kissy) first SU! wish list, doesn't it ??! :mrgreen:
And you're not the only ones who want it all: I stopped putting Post-It bookmarks in my catalogue because there were more flags than pages in there, so it soon became pretty pointless... :rolleyes:

Cindy

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by askagainView Post
My problem is my LSS. It carries a great variety of great products. If I go in after they get a new shipment from a vendor I pick something up because I know I won't find it again easily. I've gotten great stamps from Gina K, Lockhart, MFT, memory box (and too many others to list), but non of them are planned.

I really limit online shopping -- it's sooooo easy for me to go overboard.
This is a huge part of my "problem" right here. I don't live anywhere near a good stamp store that would have some of the companies you mention above :(. The nearest Hobby Lobby and Michaels are an hour away and I don't even know if there are any good stamp stores that close.

We have a local scrapbooking store but he has a lot of single-sheet paper and stickers, very few stamps (Tuesday something?), some Primas, brads and dew drops. Not much else to interest me.

So, I'm pretty much left with online shopping which is basically the world at my fingertips! Ordering online is so dangerous. I was in a large stamp/scrapping store once and didn't even buy anything! If I had frequent access to the kind of stamps you mention above, I think it'd be easier to pick up a treasure now and then. I wouldn't run into the 'trap' of... well, as long as I'm paying for shipping, I might as well get....this, that...etc."

Sorry if I wandered off topic. How and why we are all addicted and buy what and when we do is a pretty fascinating subject, I think!
Reply With Quote Likes