Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTI October Releases

Anyone planning on getting anything tonight? I'm thinking about Silent Night and the Holiday Tag set, and some of that pretty gold paper to recreate Debbie Olson's beautiful card, seen here - http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/

The rest are nice but I have lots of new SU from the Holiday mini that I really like that haven't seen much ink yet. And I'm just not sure about the recipe set. I like it, but I put most of them on the computer anyway so not sure how much I would use it. The coffee set is also cool, but I'm so focused on the holidays right now.

Curious what you all are thinking!

Aimee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Default PTI October releases

I've often wondered what it would feel like to have my finger push the "I want it ALL" button! Fun at the time, but not when the credit card bill would come in! I like the coffee set and the recipe card set, not sure about the others. I've been putting off buying the simple alphabet until I have a $50 order so that I can get free shipping. The sets in the last few months have not been anything that I had to get, so I've been patient - for me that is!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

gotta have alll the papers inks and ribbons...for sure....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I absolutely love Silent Night and can't imagine not getting that one! Not sure about Holiday Tags ~ I do love what we've seen in previews though. I also love the new cardstock colors and patterned polka dot paper.

When I saw the recipe set, I was certain I would get it partly because I already have the box and my recipes are a mess. But I think I'll hold off on this ... it would be such a fun project to settle into during the winter months ~ it can't wait until after the holidays. I think I'll be able to wait on the coffee set, too - but then, I haven't seen all of it yet LOL!!

I'm really curious about the additions - for Merry & Bright and for the Quilter's Sampler - and Snowfall and it's additions set. Too bad I don't have the kind of space required to store punches.

I look forward to the sneak peeks and release every month ~ great products!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
kraf*T*y mama

I haven't bought anything for awhile so I have a very big wish list mostly paper and ribbon and ink in the colors I don't have. I really like the snowflake one that coordinates with the new Marvy punches and the tag one and the coffee one but alas I will have to wait for birthday money!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I WON'T be ordering anything this time around. We have had some unexpected expenses this month and the money will be tight for alittle while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a wish list a mile long from PTI and it looks like it just got a lot longer! I love PTI stuff and plan on putting in an order very, very soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I defenitely loved the new colors, but have been trying to control my scrapbook expenses. So am not sure if I will order anything. Have to see
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Have been holding off for the last several months but October's releases are definitely making me think Christmas shopping - my SIL would love the quilt sets & Silent Night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

(Seriously, I'm going to place an order next month. Not sure what yet, but OMG, there is sooooo much I want from the previews, more than I've wanted in months and months. I'm so sad! Next month is my birthday, and by golly, I'm asking everyone for gift certs to PTI or cold hard cash.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

(Seriously, I'm going to place an order next month. Not sure what yet, but OMG, there is sooooo much I want from the previews, more than I've wanted in months and months. I'm so sad! Next month is my birthday, and by golly, I'm asking everyone for gift certs to PTI or cold hard cash.)

Hope you get your wish/er demand! BTW, LOVE your blog!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm loving some of the new releases tonight. I think that the recipe one is on my list. The quilter's additions I love....which cracks me up since I do not have the original quilters set....which I now think I need. I can't afford to go crazy, but I do see an order coming. I'm really curious to hear more about which sets people are looking at.......in case I am missing something or some ideas!!!

:>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Hope you get your wish/er demand! BTW, LOVE your blog!:mrgreen:
Thanks, Joan! I love yours right back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Shipping is like $25-30 for us in Canada so I need to save up to order big, which is sad as I really want a couple of things. Ah well. I will survive

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I love Heather's sets! I've not ordered anything for several months, and will wait another month or two til I have birthday/Christmas/paper route tips money rolling in and then will place a big order--can't wait! I am really tempted to get the recipe cards and set now, though--what a great idea and fun project to work on (and I have two daughters just out/almost out of the house who'd like a set of handmade recipe cards with favorite family recipes on them...good Christmas gift, I'd say :-) ).

Paper colors look too similar to SU's to tempt me much. I only like the thicker weight for the white or craft as a card base and can use the SU for the rest. Simplifies my life in one small way, anyhow :-). The polka dot paper has my name all over it, though!

Weren't all the projects this month just incredible? If only I had 50 hours in my days...
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Shipping is like $25-30 for us in Canada so I need to save up to order big, which is sad as I really want a couple of things. Ah well. I will survive
I really liked some of the new stuff and had planned on picking up a few things for the first time but then I looked at the shipping rates. Completely outrageous to ship to Canada!!

I won't be ordering with rates that high. Even with the credit when you spend over $100, the rates are still more than I pay with other companies/sites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

I placed a $50+ order and didn't get a single stamp set! I bought the new paper, ink cubes, and most of the new ribbon. I also got a set of recipe cards and an egg box. I am going to talk dh into using Christmas money to buy more recipe cards, egg boxes, and the recipe stamp set, so I can make recipe boxes for the women in our family! I think they will turn out really nice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I've often wondered what it would feel like to have my finger push the "I want it ALL" button! Fun at the time, but not when the credit card bill would come in! I like the coffee set and the recipe card set, not sure about the others. I've been putting off buying the simple alphabet until I have a $50 order so that I can get free shipping. The sets in the last few months have not been anything that I had to get, so I've been patient - for me that is!

Jutta
I know what you mean! Although I haven't yet wanted all of everything for an entire month - but someday that would be fun. I like pieces here and there.

I was all set to place an order then I received an email I won a spot in the ticket lottery to buy Rays (baseball)tickets - so I'm holding onto my cash a little longer, woo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 05:37 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually managed to talk myself out of a few things! Loved the tags and the samples done with them and I might regret not getting those ~ but I'm not prepared to get punches either so I think I'll manage LOL!!

I did get Silent Night - LOVE IT! and since I talked myself out of all the rest, I did get the Recipe sets and I can't wait!!

I also loved the two cardstock colors and ordered them with the polka dot paper and just one each of the ribbons - saddle stitched in each as I have a lot of twills and satins already. I *needed* some nice envelopes and gave in on the gold shimmer cardstock (got the other two last month!).

I was thinking I would like to do a "recipe box" for my address book. I saw someone used the recipe cards with a Bind-it-All to make a little book. But I think I'd like it just in a box... so much easier to revise as I often have to do with addresses. What do you all think? Should I write to Nichole? I thought word stamps for name, address, phone, email would be nice but I think little symbols would be so cool, too. Let me know what you think!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so far, other than downloading Lauren Meader's free template, I haven't purchased a thing.

I have my eye on a few things, but I am trying to be mature and deliberate before making any purchases. I love the snowflakes with coordinating punches and love her paper and ribbon. Hmm. Need to use so much more of what I already have though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan, I have to tell you... I have seen your posts many many times and always this phrase pops into my head ...."the voice of reason." (Now I'm subscribing to your blog and I realize the truth is a little more complicated LOL!!)

When I am tempted by stamp companies, I am going to try to remember "mature and deliberate." I have actually started putting items in the cart, and then making a screencopy of the page to review when I'm more level-headed. It's working!

I always love your comments. And you should be quite proud of your restraint with PTI this month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I held off on an SU order until I saw the new PTI sets and am I ever glad I did! Silent Night is one of the most awesome Christmas sets ever. Hubby said, "Contraband again?" I said, "If they keep on releasing such amazing things PTI might become the norm and the SU become the contraband!" LOL Nicole and the design team are doing an amazing job at PTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I was there for the release party yesterday. Put some items in the cart, but then did not place the order. Really loved a lot of things from this release, but I just cannot afford to buy all that right now and need to use up some of my existing stash also.

Cheers
Banu
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE PTI and this month or next month I am going to place an order. I am an International customer, and since they ship only priority insured parcels, I have to be careful when I place an order.
Anyway, I am thinking that they release too many products at once. Maybe it is just me but I feel that they have started releasing too many products at once. Was there any need to have two Xmas releases? I hope that they will slow down a bit, I'd love to see more samples with the previous released sets and less new stamp sets. Honestly, I think I will buy more products this way. Now, I feel that I am confused... no time to think... every release is so fast!!!
I feel that every 3 weeks there are new stamp sets, new products are introduced and I'd like to order all There are some nice stamp sets that are neglected after 3 or 4 weeks because there are many more coming.

I hope you will not jump at me for writing this, I am a huge PTI fan and faithful customer ;)

What's your opinion?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I have never ordered from PTI before but the Snowfall sets pushed me over the edge.

Placing my order in a few minutes...I also 'need' Made from Snow...I had been wanting it, but couldn't convince myself that I needed $26 worth of other stuff and I hate paying shipping if I can help it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

I haven't purchased anything for awhile......but last night I broke down. I really wanted some of their white paper for Christmas cards. I also got the box template...I think I'm going to put homemade caramels for my husband's co-workers in them. Then I got the tags, the mouse sold me and then the snowflake set with the mittens. I love the mittens! I'm not feeling bad because the last time I ordered was when the polka dot background came out...gasp that was a long time ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY for you guys who got to buy.
We're flat broke! lol Able to pay bills, but no extras... so no new stamps, etc...
But it has helped me focus on what I have... and there is a lot... so I'm good!
I do love the recipe set... but I can live without it for a while... and until I use my stash of similar colors - I'm good there too...
Of course, I want a lot... but I live vicariously through those who bought.

em
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

If my husband asks me what I bought, I'm going to tell him that some of us are sacrificing ourselves to keep PTI's business going strong so they will always be there for those who can't order until another time!

So many are postponing purchases and being good ~ it's inspiring, really. I believe I am now going to put myself on a spending freeze. Thank you, ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
If my husband asks me what I bought, I'm going to tell him that some of us are sacrificing ourselves to keep PTI's business going strong so they will always be there for those who can't order until another time!
Ooooh....a genius way to use the poor economy to our advantage!!

If everyone stops spending, everything goes under...we are just doing our small part for the crafting world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I love PTI and hadn't ordered last month, so I was ready to go this month. While I like all the sets, I've gotten a lot better with only getting things I actually need and will use.

As far as new stuff, I only got the Holiday Tag stamp set, then the new cardstocks, one ribbon of each color, inks and the polka paper.

I picked up the Holiday Treats set that I did not have b/c i plan on giving a lot of gifts from the kitchen this year. And I also got some of the coffee bags to go wtih that.

I really liked the idea of the recipe set, and the warm wishes with the mugs, but it seems as if the sets this time around had less possiblities for the same price. I understand it is prolly economic issues, just like for everyone else, but i would've liked to see more with the coffee/tea set, maybe there will be additions later.

But as far as snow, i honestly like my Studio G stamps the best, i have a ton of variety of snowflakes and they suffice for the fact that its usually just a background decoration or a tag or what not.

i wish i could spend more on PTI, but gotta draw the line somewhere! I'm glad i have thought it out though and stocked up on some very useful sets. Can't wait to see what next month brings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

I loved all the sets this months and the colors!!!

I bought Snowfall, and Warm Happiness. I would have loved to buy everything but got to restrain myself!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

I just got the free template. I have to be good until next year. There are several PTI stamp sets on my to buy in the future list. I am hoping you'll make really cool things for me to enjoy until then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post

So many are postponing purchases and being good ~ it's inspiring, really. I believe I am now going to put myself on a spending freeze. Thank you, ladies!
Very well said Nancy It is really hard to restrain myself believe me. I am a great PTI Fan and really love their sets and how they all be be mixed together etc. But I love SU too.. So, too much spending in this year I am hoping to restrain myself until the end of this year which is two more months, but it is proving to be very very hard.

PS: Which is why I avoid seeing TAC and CTMH catalogs......I will be waaaaaaaaaaay over my budget then. Not that I am not right now. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Unfortunately I haven't been feeling the PTI love for the last several months. I'm willing to spend the money to get what I really like and think I'll use, but I don't this months offerings meet my criteria. The colors weren't for me this time either. Maybe November?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #35  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I am trying to be mature and deliberate before making any purchases.
You nailed it Joan. I too am trying to be mature and deliberate about my craft purchases. As much as I love PTI stamps, paper and ribbon, I need to use what I have, and goodness knows I have enough to choke a horse.

(Unfortunately, this goes for my scrapbooking habit too. I don't *need* all the new papers from summer CHA, but I do *want* them. But I'll use what I have with a few judicious purchases.)

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

I also purchased Silent Night. I was actually starting to think about my Christmas cards and realized I seriously need to update my sentiments this year so the timing was perfect for me.

Tamara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Does it bug anyone else that on the recipe set the letters representing each catagory are all in Caps except Entrees and Appetizers?

Also, where is the "I want it all" button?

Thanks

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I got the I want it all for both colors, I got the Silent Night set, Poppy and Chocolate ribbons, and the Quilters Sampler and Additions sets! I can't wait to get it I've really been wanting the quilters set but have been putting it off, couldn't do it any longer, lol!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

Default where is the 100 page pack?

I thought I read on Nichole's blog that there would be a 100 page pack of the white and cream papers available, but I didn't see it on the site today. I figured that for the price it was a good deal. I think the price was to be $12 for 100 sheets. If I remember correctly, SU!'s cardstock would be $5.50 for 24, but that's for the colors. I can't remember the price for VV and WW.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I think it's only 50 packs?
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes