Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Are Daven and Tracy getting rich off SCS?
Yeah, they have $$$ out the wazoo from SCS suckers. 18 3.27%
No not at all! It is a labor of love! 129 23.45%
They don't, but the SHOULD be! 403 73.27%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliemommy
woo hoo!!! You said it, Sista!!!

took the words out of my mouth when I QUIT LAUGHING at how people could actually think they are doing this for money or some get rich scheme.
Ah yes...financial wizarding at it's finest...gimme a break.

It used to REALLY bug me because I am (and most of the mods are) very protective of the Noltas and SCS and to hear some of the crap (yes-I said it...CRAP!) being said is just heartbreaking. But I realized that there ALWAYS has to be at least one AW in the play yard and sadly-they are VERY loud. But if you ignore them, they will go freeload somewhere else.

Too harsh? My apologies. But this is constant "The Noltas are making SO much money" junk is wearing VERY thin indeed.

Have a good week everyone!
~C
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just hope that Daven and Tracy make enough money to fix everything and not go into the poor house at the same time. THEN...I hope they make a butt-load of money!!!!!!! They deserve it! Seriously, would you put up with all the whining that we do? Poor Daven has to "listen" to all our crap and he still tries to make us all happy!!!!

We love you Daven and Tracy and all the other wonderful people that make this the BEST stamping website on the planet!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #83  
Glitter Queen

I do hope that Daven and & Tracy are making some money off this site. They have give each and everyone of us a priceless gift, FRIENDSHIP! and for that we should all be thankful. They have also give us a place to share ideas and to receive support from fellow stampers. This place has been an inspiration for me and I will be happy to pay for the privilege to participate in a wonderful group of people sharing with each other.

As for getting rich I hope they are! Look at all the things you have each learned from this site and have used to grow your stamping business, that alone is worth giving Daven and Tracy your support. Sharing does not mean take, take, take, it's all about giving and it's time to give something back to the wonderful people who created this site and are now sharing it with others, they really didn't have to since it was created for Tracy's down line.
Will graduate college June 28th 2007
[email protected]
Springfield Missouri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Default GET RICH!!

I voted for number 3 - the Noltas deserve every bit that they can get. They came up with a fab idea, put it in place and worked way too hard helping it grow. I know there have had to be times when they lost out on family and personal time to keep this site up and running. KUDOS to the Noltas and all of the moderators for giving so freely and willingly for all of us who love and enjoy this site.

I would glady pay way more to be a member here. I've gotten more information, ideas and laughs from SCS that I can ever put a price on! I donated before there was a fan club, bought a cookbook, bought a wristband, use the Amazon link and I'm getting ready to buy a t-shirt (would love to see water bottles in the store - I don't do coffee! gasp!). I will gladly pay for the priviledge of being a member of this site for as long as it exists - and I hope that is many, many years.

OK - I probably scared Daven with that many years stuff, but honestly there just wouldn't be enough money if I were the one that had to put up with all the whining and complaining that some folks do on this site. LOL!

YOU REALLY ROCK, BIG D!!! Keep up the great job!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #85  
Stampin' Fool

HA!

Seriously. That is funny!

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #86  
Glitter Queen

Default Paying verse Free

Of course we all like free things - and while I have enjoyed this site tremendously it has had endless ideas for me. I see both sides points. Paying will help with the cost of running the site, and at $20.00 a year it's obvious no one is getting rich on that. However, for people who don't have a lot of income this site has been invaluable. I have recommended it to more people than I can count the biggest tag being "it's free and has a ton of ideas" The decision to stay or to go will be one I weigh the odds on heavily.
SU demonstrator
Luvs 2 Stamp
"I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future" -GOD-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catie
Too harsh? My apologies. But this is constant "The Noltas are making SO much money" junk is wearing VERY thin indeed.

Have a good week everyone!
~C
Catie, I don't think apologies are neccessary.

What would we all do if Daven & Tracy, et al decided to not even HAVE SCS because it costs too much to operate?? Who would be the first to moan? Hmmm, I'm thinking the "freeloaders". I understand that some people may not be able to afford it, but again, imagine if we didn't even HAVE SCS! No-one is twisting anyone's arm to come here. This is Daven & Tracey's "store" & I think they SHOULD get rich, or at the very least be compensated for thier time & effort.

Now excuse me, but I think I'll head on over to Michael's & whine about having to pay for thier goods.........

Marjori Miller

Come stamp with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampAddict
Catie, I don't think apologies are neccessary.

What would we all do if Daven & Tracy, et al decided to not even HAVE SCS because it costs too much to operate?? Who would be the first to moan? Hmmm, I'm thinking the "freeloaders". I understand that some people may not be able to afford it, but again, imagine if we didn't even HAVE SCS! No-one is twisting anyone's arm to come here. This is Daven & Tracey's "store" & I think they SHOULD get rich, or at the very least be compensated for thier time & effort.

Now excuse me, but I think I'll head on over to Michael's & whine about having to pay for thier goods.........
Ditto!!!

Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, you guys have all read Daven's final word over on the original thread, haven't you? Here it is, in case you missed it...

"As the founder, principal developer and sole controlling authority of Splitcoaststampers I HAVE NO INTENTION OF EVER MAKING SPLITCOAST A FEE-BASED SITE.

We're restricting gallery traffic temporarily in order to keep the computer running and reduce the risk of more serious problems.

At the same time, we're hard at work on a new system. By the end of October or soon thereafter, we'll have a new system in place and complete access to the gallery can be restored, FREE, to everyone.

Thanks again everyone!

There's just nothin' to debate or ponder anymore! Quit worryin'......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #90  
Watercolor Wizard

I think this is America and anyone smart enough to create a product with demand should get as much money as they can for it. I can't even imagine the amount of TIME let alone the COST of running this site. I don't know much about the owners of this site but would love to hear the story of how SCS came to be. I'm a much better stamper because of them and this is sooooooooooooooooo generous we should be at their feet bowing and thanking them!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up

I voted for #3!! (Yeah, um, I totally got that #1 was a joke. But then, I have a sense of humor.) MamaK, your polls always seem to evoke an unladylike *snort* from me! LOL! Thanks to Grandma (who spoils me rotten), I'm a Fan Club member and will continue to be!

In all seriousness, I think that SU should pay the Noltas a portion of their profit. I can't begin to imagine how much business this site gets for SU. If it wasn't for this site, I probably wouldn't be buying from SU at all. (Cuz I already have 1,000+ stamps!!) But now I've been converted and am completely hooked on their cardstock and need the matching ribbons and matching inks and I could go on and on. I hope SU appreciates how much free advertisement this site gives them.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #92  
Embossing Fanatic

I just want to say that I found this site about a month or 5 weeks ago. It has given me so much inspiration and motivation that I might not have found elsewhere. I hope to sign up as a demo soon. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I started reading all of your comments that I realized that I could sign up as part of the fan club and pay money for this and additional information that is available on this site. (I haven't spent enough quality time going thru all the areas this site has available yet.) Some people aren't happy about the possibility of having to pay for the privledge of this labor of love. Hey! A short class in business will cost gobs more. I will be sending my Fan Club subscription check next week, on payday! This is a blessing to me and the friends that I stamp with.
Reply With Quote Likes