Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katie Holmes - scrapbook addict?

so someone mentioned to me today they heard that Katie Holmes was a scrapbook addict, spending over $3,000 PER MONTH on supplies!! Holy crap! I gotta ask you ladies, what the HECK do you think she makes? Stamps made out of gold? :rolleyes:

anyway here is an article in case you are interested. I wish I had that budget!!

http://www.fafarazzi.com/gossip/3520...eckhams-smiths
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

She probably has employed a "creative staff" to help her make the pages. ;) Wonder if she is hiring?? Imagine the good garage sales at her house.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I saw that also, and then heard it again on the Chelsie Lately show last night to which she said something along the lines of "scrapbookers have no life" how rude!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I'm sure I could easily spend that money on scrapping supplies each month if I had it :mrgreen:

She probably doesn't use scraps LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I've seen a lot of reports about her expensive spending habits, but I guess when you have it... From the article it sounds like she actually does her own scrapping, so its kinda nice to know she is into preserving memories. I'm not the biggest fan of the Tom/Katie relationship just with how it evolved in the media, but its better to hear her spending $ on scrap supplies then partying/alcohol/drugs/plastic surgery like so many other celeb moms. I remember reading something a while back about Britney and Reese Witherspoon scrapping as well. Can you imagine having the time (flexible schedule) these celebs have though?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvpaisleyView Post
I've seen a lot of reports about her expensive spending habits, but I guess when you have it... From the article it sounds like she actually does her own scrapping, so its kinda nice to know she is into preserving memories. I'm not the biggest fan of the Tom/Katie relationship just with how it evolved in the media, but its better to hear her spending $ on scrap supplies then partying/alcohol/drugs/plastic surgery like so many other celeb moms. I remember reading something a while back about Britney and Reese Witherspoon scrapping as well. Can you imagine having the time (flexible schedule) these celebs have though?
Can you imagine Britney at a crop?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

For all the stories that make Katie Holmes seem like a privileged ultra-rich shopaholic with a taste for designer high-end goods, there's one that makes her sound like a normal mom with a crafting addiction. Holmes is said to love scrapbooking and to have devoted an entire room in her house to her hobby. As a woman of extremely above-average means, she also spends about $3,000 a month on the raw materials that help her preserve her family's memories in style.

Sorry but spending $3,000.00 per month on scrappin supplies still makes her sound like a privileged ultra-rich shopaholic. I do not know of any "normal" mom with that kind of disposable income to spend on scrapping stuff.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

wow.. I don't spend that much in an entire year.. least I don't think I do and even if I had the disposable income to do so, I don't think that I would spend it on scrapbooking supplies. Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

in our dreams, eh? i don't know about you, but if i had the $$$ that's how i'd spend it too..

i love how the article was like, "she has a WHOLE ROOM dedicated to scrapbooking.." like, image THAT?!?! That's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wonder who her Stampin Up demo is? She's got to have one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Too funny! Thanks for the visual and one heck of a chuckle!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Hey maybe Katie and the others are members here at SCS? Maybe they look on this site to get their great ideas? Wonder if anyone here has the screen name of Tomkat or suri'smom? I would like her to post her scrapbook pages here for all to see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

well it rules out one thing...she is not the one buying those uber priced layouts that pop up for sale on ebay:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm thinking she might not have an SU demo and she's up for grabs! There are many people who just go with what they find at a scrapbook store. I wonder if a rep from Scientology has to "approve" all of her pages...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

WOW - that really is shocking !!! I would spend about a tenth of that in a year!!
.... but wouldn't you just love to get a look in her room and have a good poke about!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it's funny that the tabloids ran amok over something as mundane as a Hollywood celebrity having an entire room as a dedicated creative space. :rolleyes:

Ah, well. To be rich and famous! LOL!

I heard somewhere that Kate Hudson is a stamper.

Anyway, if it's true, then good for them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

BAHHHAAAHAHAH that was funny. i can ONLY imagine. cheetos everywhere!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
BAHHHAAAHAHAH that was funny. i can ONLY imagine. cheetos everywhere!!

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I think it's funny that the tabloids ran amok over something as mundane as a Hollywood celebrity having an entire room as a dedicated creative space. :rolleyes:
MTE and dosent Martha have pretty much a whole house deicated to crafting? lol

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I'll apologise in advance but my views on this post differ somewhat! I am passionate but do not intend offence, it's just so, so silly! I haven't read the article, don't know Katie Holmes, but newspapers and magazines are always full of ridiculous claims of the extravagant lifestyles of the 'rich and famous' and I never believe them.

In reality, it makes no difference to me or anyone else what Katie Holmes or anyone else spends on anything and in truth I don't like the whole gossip magazine thing, they seem very intrusive and in my humble opinion Tom Cruise is an actor-that's his job and that doesn't mean he has to be in the media glare 24/7 and have every move commented on. Ditto Katie Holmes, Britney Spears etc. Ditto their children.

They are all people still and I hate people talking about me, imagine that a billion, trillion times worse and I'm virtually in a panic attack. Aside from the fact that the word 'normal' is impossible to define, why is Katie Holmes not a 'normal' mum just because she has money? How does a monthly craft spend affect a persons ability to be a Mum? I do find this whole attack on people just because they've worked hard and are fortunate enough to be successful really unpleasant. Shouldn't we be pleased she has achieved so much, a great career, an apparently happy marriage, a beautiful child. If you have these things aren't you 'normal'? Why if that is the case is being 'not normal' seemingly wrong or less worthy?

Today in the world we have so many awful things, terrorism, famine, horrific weather, disease, poverty etc. How can Katie Holmes alleged monthly spend on scrapbooking materials be news? I'm not criticising people here,but if I was in Darfur or Zimbabwe or thousands of other places where life is a hard fight for survival, the idea that the very people who could help us, the only people, those in the Western world, actually are too busy wondering if Britney Spears is really mad or Katie Holmes uses real gold ink pads would make me weep.

This 'story', for that is what this is I feel certain, is a truly sad reflection of alot of what is wrong with the 'developed' nations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

I'm still annoyed that she implied scrapbookers have no life?? ummm hello?? that's RUDE! the nerve! :?

I wonder if she has made any scrapbooks for Tommy - perhaps some of his movie gigs. a book dedicated to his beach volleyball scene in TOP GUN, or perhaps one of him in his skivvies dancing around the living room?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by blank canvasView Post
I'll apologise in advance but my views on this post differ somewhat! I am passionate but do not intend offence, it's just so, so silly! I haven't read the article, don't know Katie Holmes, but newspapers and magazines are always full of ridiculous claims of the extravagant lifestyles of the 'rich and famous' and I never believe them.

In reality, it makes no difference to me or anyone else what Katie Holmes or anyone else spends on anything and in truth I don't like the whole gossip magazine thing, they seem very intrusive and in my humble opinion Tom Cruise is an actor-that's his job and that doesn't mean he has to be in the media glare 24/7 and have every move commented on. Ditto Katie Holmes, Britney Spears etc. Ditto their children.

They are all people still and I hate people talking about me, imagine that a billion, trillion times worse and I'm virtually in a panic attack. Aside from the fact that the word 'normal' is impossible to define, why is Katie Holmes not a 'normal' mum just because she has money? How does a monthly craft spend affect a persons ability to be a Mum? I do find this whole attack on people just because they've worked hard and are fortunate enough to be successful really unpleasant. Shouldn't we be pleased she has achieved so much, a great career, an apparently happy marriage, a beautiful child. If you have these things aren't you 'normal'? Why if that is the case is being 'not normal' seemingly wrong or less worthy?

Today in the world we have so many awful things, terrorism, famine, horrific weather, disease, poverty etc. How can Katie Holmes alleged monthly spend on scrapbooking materials be news? I'm not criticising people here,but if I was in Darfur or Zimbabwe or thousands of other places where life is a hard fight for survival, the idea that the very people who could help us, the only people, those in the Western world, actually are too busy wondering if Britney Spears is really mad or Katie Holmes uses real gold ink pads would make me weep.

This 'story', for that is what this is I feel certain, is a truly sad reflection of alot of what is wrong with the 'developed' nations.
uhhhhhhhh woah.

yea, I agree gossip rags are an guilty-pleasure of mine:twisted:, but try not to take it too seriously, we are all more or less having fun & laughing about what celebs may/may-not do with scrappin/stampin! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Did anyone watch the reality show on MTV that followed Travis Barker and his then wife, Shanna ( I think it's spelled that way ). Anyways, on one of the shows she talks about how for his b-day she wants to make him a scrapbook and she literally whips out like 4 kits, some shaper scissors and a glue stick and 2 hours later has an entire book (12x12) done and ready for him. 2 hours and I'd still be trying to decide what to do with 1-2 pages! I was amazed. It wasn't my style, but I was impressed she did it and didn't hide her hobby from the cameras. That's my 2 cents worth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

THAT'S NICE. I THINK I COULD HANDLE THAT "BUDGET" ANY DAY IF SOMEONE WANT'S TO FUND IT. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sorry but spending $3,000.00 per month on scrappin supplies still makes her sound like a privileged ultra-rich shopaholic.
Well, that's cuz she is priviledged and ultra-rich. Her $3k/month is probably like our $30.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #26  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mztamelaView Post
I wonder who her Stampin Up demo is? She's got to have one!
I was going to ask if she needed one! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by blank canvasView Post

Wow! Wasn't expecting anything like that on what is a really light hearted thread! I think that I enjoy reading about what people who are famous do because sometimes we forget they are human too. I think it is neat that she is sitting at home doing something I am doing. I know the media does report some silly things, but I for one don't want to just read about "so many awful things, terrorism, famine, horrific weather, disease, poverty etc." all the time. Sometimes it is a nice break from the depressing and saddening news to just read about something that really isn't all that important.

Kind of like threads like this, they are much more fun when they are kept light hearted and humorous rather than brought down with negative, unkind words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazzzyView Post
Wow! Wasn't expecting anything like that on what is a really light hearted thread! I think that I enjoy reading about what people who are famous do because sometimes we forget they are human too. I think it is neat that she is sitting at home doing something I am doing. I know the media does report some silly things, but I for one don't want to just read about "so many awful things, terrorism, famine, horrific weather, disease, poverty etc." all the time. Sometimes it is a nice break from the depressing and saddening news to just read about something that really isn't all that important.

Kind of like threads like this, they are much more fun when they are kept light hearted and humorous rather than brought down with negative, unkind words.
very well said!! I totally agree...

and to "blank canvas" - the part about how we are "too busy" worrying about Katie Holmes and Britney Spears, with "gold ink pads" - that was somewhat uncalled for on a fun thread, no? I mean, aren't you sort of doing the very thing you are accusing us of...by being here on this thread and "wasting" your time? Surely there is some far more important humanity issue you could be solving, no? :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Katie Holmes??? Who knew! you go girl! I wonder if she's on SplitCoast? maybe we should send her the link! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

Apparently she's always been crafty and into baking too. Even before she had money (well the crazy amounts she has now) she would always bring food to her sets. She'd bake cupcakes etc.

I still have to read the article but the craft room line makes me laugh. I've been slowly usurping the space in our "computer" room. Eventually I'll just move DHs desk while he's at work and it will be ALL MINE :twisted: bwahahaha!

Apparently someone thought this was a CE thread and got all fired up... this is the place for happy chat!

Last edited by Vivi's Mommy; 09-29-2008 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Goodness, I think it is kind of fun for people to imagine those they see on television and in the movies having "real" lives and even hobbies. I'm not a celeb-watcher so it's kind of a *shrug* for me. But c'mon, if you want to discuss the degradation of society or celeb rights, whatever, take it to CE, please. And I'm pretty sure most people here will read "normal" in this context as "typical."

And correct me if I'm wrong, but you're chastising everyday folk for simply commenting on a famous person instead of wringing our hands over the conditions in underdeveloped countries?! If anyone was going to turn this into a "downer" conversation, I expected someone to wonder why she isn't sending that money to needy people.... many of us mention our love of our hobby as a form of escapism, a creative outlet and a mental-health break ~ celebs need that, too. Their concerns are not ours, but that doesn't mean their lives are stress-free.

Anyway ~ I am certain the OP meant this as a gee-whiz-isn't-that-somethin' comment. And yes, I believe Martha and Rosie O'Donnell are crafty to the Nth degree, too.

Personally, I keep wondering when we're going to see a character on a TV show get into stamping and scrapping... I'm sure many of us have experienced the quintessential sitcom-ripe situations and we could be technical advisors!!

And has anyone read that new stamping cozy mystery yet? I'm going to order it from B&N when my DH isn't looking as he is in a fret over the economy right now ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

First of all I want to see what her craft room looks like.

Second of all I don't know that I could spend 3000 a month, seriously, I know we can buy a lot of stuff but 3,000 each month??????? Does some of that money go to a maid to clean up after her?

Third IMO if your an actor being in the spot light is part of what goes with the job. It is not like it is a secret and they find this out only after they are famous. They sure want the stories when they aren't famous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think she can only buy that much because she actually uses it - it sounds like she makes a LOT of scrapbooks!! Good for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

umm... ladies, don't we all benefit from this article?? I mean, I'm thinking of whipping it out for DH next time he looks at the bank statement - I'm going to show him how much money he's saving!!! :mrgreen: makes me look downright frugal I tell ya!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

I do agree with the type of thread. It seems like lately the posts are getting pretty nasty and negitive.

Guess that happens when all you see on T.V. is negativity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazzzyView Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #36  
Crimping Master

Great idea! I will have to try that one.I am sure it will not work, but its work the try!LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkyFairyView Post
umm... ladies, don't we all benefit from this article?? I mean, I'm thinking of whipping it out for DH next time he looks at the bank statement - I'm going to show him how much money he's saving!!! :mrgreen: makes me look downright frugal I tell ya!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, $3k a month! I can't even imagine what her room would look like...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole's MomView Post
First of all I want to see what her craft room looks like.

Second of all I don't know that I could spend 3000 a month, seriously, I know we can buy a lot of stuff but 3,000 each month??????? Does some of that money go to a maid to clean up after her?
That's what I would spend it on, someone to clean up after me!!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole's MomView Post
Third IMO if your an actor being in the spot light is part of what goes with the job. It is not like it is a secret and they find this out only after they are famous. They sure want the stories when they aren't famous.
Gotta ditto this.... if you don't want the attention, then don't go for stardom. It's part of the deal.

PS. I don't think there's anyway I could spend $3000 every month -- but hey, I sure would love to try!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #40  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

No! Especially with her not so flattering pictures if ya know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Likes