Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Rubber Stamper Mag versus Craft N Things

Rubber Stamper mag was my favorite stamping mag and I wasn't too happy about the switch to Craft N things. I've read the last 3 issues of Craft N Things and I'm not impressed. If I want a craft mag then I'll buy one and I don't do needle work, so the 80+ pages are doing it for me. I do so miss the articles, the letters to the editor, and my fav --> A Stamping Place. I love lookinig at others stamp rooms and their storage solutions.

Do you miss RS mag and if so what do you miss the most?

What do you think of the cards being displayed in Craft N Poop? Are they current, relevant to what we are doing now?

Am I just whining and complaining, and need to get a life - life, what life, I stamp and I'm happy, really...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love Crafts and things. So many of our fabulous SCS sisters have been published in there! Yeah for Carolyn King, Tami Mayberry, Julia Stainton, Kim Huges, Lauren Meader, Lindsey Botkin, Lisa Johnson and sooooo many more.

(Please forgive me if I missed any of you wonderfully talented stampers who blow me away on a regular basis! And please, let us know on this thread if you are one that I missed because you should be soooo proud and we should know about you!)

I really like some of their non-stamping ideas and how they translate into great stamped projects.

Abby and Dawn, the editor and managing editor are soooo sweet. They really want to please the stamping world.

Although Crafts and things may not be the rubber stamper magazine of the past, give it a try. It's wonderful publication that is growing and learning what we want.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of projects in an upcoming issue so I would say the card making section is current and relevant!!;) I personally really like Crafts n Things because it does offer a selection, especially for people like me that like all kinds of crafts - one stop shopping!!! I, on the other hand, (and I'm probably in the majority -don't hate me!) didn't really like the other magazine...it just didn't appeal to me....I hope you give it another chance...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi ladies - thanks for your input. I didn't cancel my subscription so I could give it a chance. As for the staff, I have no idea how difficult it must be to put out a successful mag. I'm sure they are lovely people and do a fabulos job.

I read several stamping mags and sometimes they hit the mark and sometimes they don't. I don't expect every issue to be the one to die for but I have to have things that I like to make or learn or why bother with reading it.

But I guess I'm too picky. When I want to read up another craft I look for that kind of mag. There are so many different styles of stamping and I never expected one mag to cover everything. If I want more eclectic then I'm reading Stampington's line, cute and simple, then its Cards, ....

As for relevant I gues it all goes to style - I went back and leafed through the past couple of issues and nothing from the talented people who submitted (Stamper-C Congrats on being published) but I gage the worthiness of a mag by how many post-it I have for project to make from the mag. For three issues I don't have any post-its. Whereas with RubberStamper it was rare for me not to have at least one postit, even of it was for a article that I wanted to reread.

Well I'm probably going to get blasted on this thread, but I wanted to know how others felt. thanks again for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I, too, was very disappointed about losing RS...it was one of my favorites. But, since my subscription is through mid 2009, I thought I would try a few issues of C&T before cancelling it. I, too, have done many crafts in my life, but I am at a point where I'v'e choosen the ones I really get alot out of, like stamping/card making. I just don't have time for them all! I have to admit that the last issue did have a few cute patterns for easter crafts that could be scaled down for cardmaking. And, I agree with Gina that the mag is still learning what we all want to see....so, I think we should let them know...how do you get better if you don't know what your readers want? So, I am giving the magazine a few more issues before I make a decision whether I cancel C&T or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

"craft and poop" LOLOLOL
In all honesty-I haven't even looked at this Mag since RS went under.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Hi ladies - thanks for your input. I didn't cancel my subscription so I could give it a chance. As for the staff, I have no idea how difficult it must be to put out a successful mag. I'm sure they are lovely people and do a fabulos job.

I read several stamping mags and sometimes they hit the mark and sometimes they don't. I don't expect every issue to be the one to die for but I have to have things that I like to make or learn or why bother with reading it.

But I guess I'm too picky. When I want to read up another craft I look for that kind of mag. There are so many different styles of stamping and I never expected one mag to cover everything. If I want more eclectic then I'm reading Stampington's line, cute and simple, then its Cards, ....

As for relevant I gues it all goes to style - I went back and leafed through the past couple of issues and nothing from the talented people who submitted (Stamper-C Congrats on being published) but I gage the worthiness of a mag by how many post-it I have for project to make from the mag. For three issues I don't have any post-its. Whereas with RubberStamper it was rare for me not to have at least one postit, even of it was for a article that I wanted to reread.

Well I'm probably going to get blasted on this thread, but I wanted to know how others felt. thanks again for the info.

No, no, you're not going to get blasted at all. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you make some good points. I wonder if you emailed the editor with some things you'd like to see, if maybe that wouldn't help them become an even more well-rounded stampin publication?

As a business owner, I am always interested in what people want to see. In fact, I had a customer call me a couple of months agai and we discussed a bunch of things that have been very dissapointing to her in the rubber stamping industry. She and I talked about what she'd like to see. Then, in talking to a few other customers about similar issues, it sparked and entirely new concept that we'll be releasing in the next few weeks.

I didn't see her comments as an insult at all but rather as a desire that I might be able to fulfill.

Let them know in a positive way what you're looking for. I bet they'll listen. I know I would!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

I loved the Rubber Stamper and was very disappointed when it went under. Crafts N' Things is okay, but pales in comparison. And no, I won't be renewing my subscription!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
. . .

I don't think you're picky; you have a preference. There's a difference! ;)

I don't buy it off the rack and choose not to subscribe to it, not because it isn't a good publication, but, that it doesn't meet my needs or preferences as a reader.

There are other magazines that do, so that's what I buy/subscribe to!

And, that's OK! Everybody's got preferences. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I definitely miss RS...it was my favorite, too. I kept my subscription to give Crafts N Things a try, but I won't be renewing. It just doesn't have the same content as RS did. They may be trying hard and I do appreciate that, but I only want rubber stamping ideas, not all the other stuff - which I feel outweighs the stamp ideas they provide. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I was also quite disappointed with the switch of my subscription. The magazine is probably OK for some but does not meet my interests at all. I will not be renewing my subscirption and will miss Rubber Stamper. I hardly glanced through the last copy I got. I think I threw it out already.

That said, I hope it is the right magazine for many others and that they do well. The more variety the better I guess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I honestly don't miss RS - I had subscribed for several years but my subscription had lapsed on the second to last issue, and I had chosen not to renew as I just wasn't that impressed with it anymore. The projects seemed rather simplistic, and it didn't seem like there were as many technique articles as in the past. I did get 1 issue of Crafts N Things (I guess just because I had been a past subscriber of RS?) and it was OK, but definitely not my thing. I've tried a bajillion crafts over the years, but now I'm pretty much a stamping devotee (with an occasional sewing project). I now get most of my "stamping fix" from online sources - blogs, forums, and even crafty videos. I do have a subscription to PaperCrafts simply because I got such a great deal on renewing - I wouldn't say that all of their projects are necessarily my style, but I always find some sort of inspriation in there. Oh, and I still pick up Stamper's Sampler at Michael's with a coupon
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Stamphappy: Thanks for posting about this. I used to buy The Rubber Stamper a few times a year, but never subscribed. I bought the Crafts N' Things that was their inaugural taking-over-The-Rubber-Stamper issue.

I had sorto low expectations, so was pleasantly surprised to find that there were a lot of pages devoted to cards. I enjoyed reading about the feature artist whose cards were on the cover. I also do other crafts such as melt and pour soaps and other "gifty things" (no needle arts, however. ). My verdict: Low expectations + cards featured on cover + my interest in some other crafts = a not half-bad issue of Crafts N' Things.

But...I have concerns. It is possible that Crafts N' Things featured cards on the cover because they were trying to rope in Rubber Stamper readers, and because Valentine's Day was coming up when the issue came out. I may pick up the next issue to try to get an idea of how much space they will devote to cards and stamping when it is not Valentine's Day or Christmas. I realize that we make cards for Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Weddings, etc. in spring and summer, but Crafts N' Things may not see cards as being something they want to feature heavily all year.

Anyway, thanks again for bringing up the topic. I give my approval to Crafts N' Things, but with reservations.

--Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love Crafts n Things....and no, not because I have had some cards appear in it! lol!

I love the variety of projects they show and I always get a lot of inspiration from their pages. The editors of the magazine are working hard to incorporate more cards and card designs in every issue and I think they are doing a good job and it will even get better. Some of my favorite designers appear in there regularly and I love seeing their work.

This thread (and a lot of other that are often too quick to point out the negative) are beginning to make me feel like I should stop visiting the forum.

It saddens me (and I am sure a lot of other SCS contributors to the magazine) to read such a childish name associated with a magazine that many wonderful people try hard to put together.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #15  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

I have one issue of Crafts N Things and I really liked it! I like lots of crafts, especially giftable ones, and it had lots of cute ideas. I am most interested in papercrafting (and that's the one I have the most stuff for) but was happy to see a variety. Just my opinion, though! There are lots of magazines out there that don't really do it for me.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Cammie: Sorry if I sounded too negative. :( Overall, I do like Crafts N'Things, but I wonder if they will continue to have lots of cards in every issue. If so, then I will be more likely to buy it or even consider subscribing.

--Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinHoosierView Post
Cammie: Sorry if I sounded too negative. :( Overall, I do like Crafts N'Things, but I wonder if they will continue to have lots of cards in every issue. If so, then I will be more likely to buy it or even consider subscribing.

--Sheila
No Sheila....you did not at all. I think you presented your opinion in a very mature and nice way.

The answer to your question is yes...they are planning on having lots of cards in EVERY issue..woohoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammieView Post
No Sheila....you did not at all. I think you presented your opinion in a very mature and nice way.

The answer to your question is yes...they are planning on having lots of cards in EVERY issue..woohoo!
Okay! That is cause to woohoo!!! Thanks, Cammie (or do you prefer Carolyn?)

--Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Change is hard!!!! I liked the last issue better than the one before it. I have my subscription for a year yet. I'll wait and see what happens. On one hand, I like the other crafts, but then I do papercrafts and rarely anything else, so looking at other crafts just doesn't appeal to me now. I think it may be hard to incorporate such a variety of crafts--wasn't there knitting in that issue???? I still have so much undone needlework projects from 10 yrs ago and now so much rubbah that if I would start a new craft, I will need a HOUSE just for crafts! OK, I like to collect things to do when I'll be sitting in my rocking chair in the nursing home........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I had asked that the remainder of my subscription be turned into the Cross Stitch magazine and that request was not honored. I am an avid stitcher so that would have been nice.

The Craft magazine is fine, excellent work and good ideas, it's just not what I'm interested in at this time. I will no be renewing my subscription. I don't have any magazine subscriptions anymore, instead I concentrate on just creating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by disstampsView Post
I still have so much undone needlework projects from 10 yrs ago and now so much rubbah that if I would start a new craft, I will need a HOUSE just for crafts! OK, I like to collect things to do when I'll be sitting in my rocking chair in the nursing home........
Not to hijack the thread, but............

I have found my twin!

LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Cammie is right, lots of cards scheduled as well as some other great stamped non-card projects.

Just like every other magazine on the shelf, CNT is not for everyone. It is exactly what is says "crafts n things" not just rubber stamping...so if you are looking for a magazine that is only stamping, true, you won't find it there. But if you want variety and projects that aren't the "same old thing" you will find that. One thing to note also is that CNT asks that the projects that they publish have not been posted online...so you will always be getting something fresh and not paying for ideas that you may have already seen here or on a blog like some of the other magazines. The editors there try very hard to please the readers. But keep in mind that it does take a while after the change over for "the dust to settle". Magazine typically work 6 months-1 year in advance so the first few issues are things that RS had already taken and had to be placed and before CNT themselves were looking for ideas. If you don't see what you want them let them know. Maybe you yourself have something to contribute. They are alway open to ideas ;) Dawn Gehering is in charge of the Paper Crafts section and I am sure she would be happy to hear any ideas (or concerns) that you may have you can contact her at [email protected]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
I loved the Rubber Stamper and was very disappointed when it went under. Crafts N' Things is okay, but pales in comparison. And no, I won't be renewing my subscription!
I have to agree. The projects are probably fine, but what I want is an all stamping magazine with the quality we had in RS. I'm not into all the artsy collage stamping stuff, so RS was the one for me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

I had just renewed my subscription to RS mag when it ended and turned into Crafts and Things. I've given it two issues and am very disappointed. I did not feel there really was anything in there for me (although I will say that their Valentine issue was an improvement). I think the paper quality and print quality are far inferior to RS. You can see thru the paper to the images on the other side. I was looking at the details of a card that appeared to be pink and the details provided said the card stock was red. I'm not interested in crochet, knitting, recipes, etc, so these just take up space for me. I appreciate the editors trying to fill a gap and I know the designers work very hard with their projects, it's just not working for me. I have not canceled my subscription - I beleive in giving a mag a fair chance - and I hope it will improve.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

I gave CNT 2 issues and kept an open mind but it just does not inspire me. I just cancelled. I was a long-time subscriber to Rubber Stamper and published twice in that magazine. I hate to be on the negative side but money these days is too precious to squander on products that do not meet my needs. On the positive, I will skim CNT at the news stand and may re-subscribe if I see improvement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

I have purchased Crafts-n-things for the past couple months, one of the girls at my LSS was actually featured on the Feb. cover! However, I don't LOVE the fact that I am paying for 1/2 a magazine. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Just curious - What is your opinion now that a few issues have been published?

Likes, dislikes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh I have to jump in here too. I love the diversity Crafts 'n Things has to offer. As someone who has a few things in there I am delighted that a magazine is encouraging creating with stamps on much more than cards alone. If cards are your thing, there are a lot of them in there too....and I agree with Cammie....these girls work really hard to bring something fresh and innovative to this industry.

Big thumbs up from me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 04:52 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

The main difference I noticed was that RS had a different type of card making that made it unique (not sure how to explain this - the cards that were featured had a different feel/style). When Crafts n things took over, and I looked in their card section, it was like reading an issue of Paper Crafts or CardMaker - the cards in those mags and Craft n Things all seem the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I don't have a subscription to any of these magazines, but do purchase many of them each time they come out.

I do like the variety that some of them present, but would like to see more detail in what they do present. The cards shown in any of these magazines are so simple. There is no special techniques used on them. They all seem to be done with just pasting paper on paper or using stickers. Very, very few are done with chalk, pencils, watercolors, die cuts, etc. I can see that not everyone is at the same level of paper crafting but there should be some that are more advanced.

I also find the printing of the cards and projects to be rather poor. The coloring shown many times does not look the same as the description. The text written about the cards and even in the articles needs to be proofed more before going to print. Far too many typo errors!

I have to say that I will continue to purchase most of these magazines each time they are in AC Moore (I can use a coupon to purchase them). There are certain months' issues that I don't, just based upon my interest.

I stopped purchasing Cards magazine due to the cards being too simple and too similar.

I'm not interested in trying to re-create the cards I see, just would like to learn more techniques that can be used on the cards.

I enjoy seeing the various altered items, but just how many purchased notebooks or paint cans do we need to see embellished to the hill?

These are just my personal opinions as everyone before me has stated theirs.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

Now that Craft's N Things has been out for a while, I have to say that I am even more in love with it!

With the holidays just around the corner, I love gift and decorating ideas as well as seeing so many of the beautiful stamping projects by lots of my friends here at SCS.

I think the editors and others who work hard to put this magazine together have done a fabulous job.

I can't wait to get my next issue!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for all of the replies. I personally was curios. A good portion of my publication work is with them (and a few others.) It is spread throught the magazine since I incorporate stamping into more than just cards. I wanted to see what everyone was looking for. It helps me decide what directions I want to take my submissions. I do not have a set style. I like to do a bit of everything. Keep it spicy. It is more exciting that way. I have only recently been hanging out here and I look forward to seeing some familiar names.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Duplicate post, deleted.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

I have to go along with Gina, I do like some of the gift giving and decorating ideas, and although I miss RS, I have continued my CNT subscription for a year to see how things go. And the other idea of contacting CNT and tell them what you'd like to see is a good one.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiMView Post
Just curious - What is your opinion now that a few issues have been published?

Likes, dislikes?
Every time an issue comes out, I pick it up to thumb through, but, I always put it back on the shelf . . . I guess for me, it's just not the type of publication I gravitate to; I generally like rubber stamping or paper-crafting specific types of mags, because I'm just not gonna do any the other projects.

However, if you enjoy a lot of different crafts, then it would probably be considered a well-rounded periodical.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Every time an issue comes out, I pick it up to thumb through, but, I always put it back on the shelf . . . I guess for me, it's just not the type of publication I gravitate to; I generally like rubber stamping or paper-crafting specific types of mags, because I'm just not gonna do any the other projects.

However, if you enjoy a lot of different crafts, then it would probably be considered a well-rounded periodical.
Just curious....for those of you who prefer to stick to rubber stamping magazines, which are your favorites? (Is that too off topic?) :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorieRView Post
Just curious....for those of you who prefer to stick to rubber stamping magazines, which are your favorites? (Is that too off topic?) :rolleyes:
No great question. I like the Stamp It issue of Paper Crafts & Card Maker. I would love to find out if there are others I am missing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiMView Post
No great question. I like the Stamp It issue of Paper Crafts & Card Maker. I would love to find out if there are others I am missing?
Stamp It is my favorite. I wish it was published more often and I haven't figured out if you can subscribe to it. I also like CardMaker and GiftMaker. I'm just looking for something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts

I really miss RS. It was my fave. And not just because they published almost everything I sent them. I really liked the way they did things. They always returned my cards when I sent the postage, they were courteous and always emailed me either w/ questions or in response to my questions. I haven't yet bought a CNT or sent them anything, but I probably will if only to see how they operate. In my opinion, RS was a great organization who took the time and effort to also be courteous and considerate. Although Stamper's Sampler has also published my art, my experiences have not been impressive. They lose things consistently, do not return all items but do keep the postage, and once they even sent me items that did not belong to me. I have not sent them anything in a good while and have not bought their issues. The whole flavor of this mag has changed a lot.

But with CNT, I'm still open and have not formed an opinion. Just my 2 or 3 cents.
Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni,
Featured StamperHostess & Inspiration Challenge Hostess

I design for: Rubbernecker Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #40  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesignsView Post
I really miss RS. It was my fave. And not just because they published almost everything I sent them. I really liked the way they did things. They always returned my cards when I sent the postage, they were courteous and always emailed me either w/ questions or in response to my questions. I haven't yet bought a CNT or sent them anything, but I probably will if only to see how they operate. In my opinion, RS was a great organization who took the time and effort to also be courteous and considerate. Although Stamper's Sampler has also published my art, my experiences have not been impressive. They lose things consistently, do not return all items but do keep the postage, and once they even sent me items that did not belong to me. I have not sent them anything in a good while and have not bought their issues. The whole flavor of this mag has changed a lot.

But with CNT, I'm still open and have not formed an opinion. Just my 2 or 3 cents.
With CNT you can do it via email and not have to send in the actual project. They will let you know what they want, and then you mail it in. Makes it easier and saes on postage too.
Reply With Quote Likes