Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CASEing etiquette

I have a question about posting cards that we have CASED. Is it proper?Do we give credit in the comments section or do we just not post it at all? And, say I was INSPIRED by a card and took (most) parts and added/changed some parts? Then what? I kind of feel funny about it all. I know that imitation is the greatest form of flattery and hey, I would be more than honored if someone was inspired by something I did, I just don't know how others feel and on Splitcoast as a whole, what is the proper etiquette?

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/about/raffle.php
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2004, 12:48 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy
Default Great to ask these questions

I think that the old adage is true (imitation being the most sincere form of flattery). That having been said, I also really appreciate it if someone credits me with some input of designs I have created. "Inspired by" or "Based on a design of" is really nice. I am quite tickled if the person even sends me an email letting me know they've case'd or borrowed from my design and let's me see how they've changed it. Often they've made it even better so I've built on THEIR concept too!

This is not required, and some will disagree that it is necessary. I just appreciate it if I'm given credit, so I always do so when I know the artist. If you look at my website and some of my posts here on SCS, you'll see I credit others a LOT!

Great questions!

All my best,

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2004, 01:01 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I've posted cards that were "inspired" by people. I loved the layout or the colors and I just changed it up a little to add my own thing and have posted it here. In the comments section, I have added that it was inspired by "so and so". And 2 out of 3 of them made a comment about my card!

Reply With Quote Likes