Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get people like that all the time at work. Apparently its the cashiers fault that we are not refereeing people in line. I would like to say sorry folks its not my job to make sure your paying attention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #82  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmView Post
I put curses on the rude people (when they can't hear me, I'm Queen of the Land of Passive Agressiva) like "I hope you gain 10 pounds on your left hip, so your fat, AND lopsided." Cut me off in traffic? "I hope you have 2 flat tires tomorrow morning." (nobody has 2 spares you know)

No confrontations, and I feel a little better.

I love this! I do almost the same thing, especially when driving. My husband will say, "You know they can't hear you, right?" But I tell him that it's better for me to let out my aggressions inside the car than on the road!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 05:12 AM   #83  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by santakittyView Post
I've read this thread & haven't been surprised by any of it. Most of my career has be in Human Resources with a few years (decades ago) in a florist shop. The owner would let people know in no uncertain terms they could leave (& not come back) if they were rude to his employees. I was in a little bead shop recently where a customer was wandering around & it seemed she would wait until the employee was helping someone else & then she would start the 'excuse me' ' can you come over here & help me' stuff. Everyone could see what was going on. Every time she was told 'I'll be there as soon as I've finished with this customer' - which she did - there would be a few questions, she would 'dismiss' the person. This happened 5 or 6 times until she was told "You are being very rude to my customers & I do not need your business. I want you to leave NOW & not come back!" The woman was finally speechless because everyone in the shop was watching this & smiling. Everyone broke into applause!!!

On the other hand there are the employees of stores who don't mind making those in line wait while they talk with each other about their date the night before, etc. & go so distracted they make mistakes that you have to go to Customer Service to get fixed. One instance was the worst - a checked at the local KMart was talking to a supervisor at his register about another employee - clearly had issues. I was trying to ignore him until I heard these words comes out of his mouth "...if that nappy haired B...!..." I'm not easily shocked but that snapped me back & everyone else in line. The person in front of me grabbed their bags & left. I dumped my stuff on the counter & started to walk away to look for a manager. The guy said to me "You can't leave that crap here!" My response "Watch me" - again, 'I said You can't leave that crap here." I took all 5'4" & 110 lbs. of me looked him in the eye & said "And what are YOU going to do about it". The fella behind me (6'+) was cracking up - put his stuff on the counter & left the store. I found the manager on the floor, told him what had happened & the name of the supervisor who was at the register (who did nothing) & told him that if I came back in that store & they were still employed - I wouldn't be back & I would report it to the hdqts.
I try to live by what I was taught - treat people the way you would want to be treated & I've found that if you do this with the meanies & rudies of the world - with a big smile - it annoys the H@#) out of them!
I can't believe the rudeness of some people, and I applaud all of these stories where someone stood up for politeness!!!

One little thing to note, though, is that it is very very difficult to fire someone, and so even if the manager of that Kmart agreed with you and wanted to fire this person, (s)he probably couldn't (right away, at least...it takes time, and recording such incidents, and giving plenty of training and warning, etc. etc.). A case of a law supposed to protect the innocent gone bad!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
I can't believe the rudeness of some people, and I applaud all of these stories where someone stood up for politeness!!!

One little thing to note, though, is that it is very very difficult to fire someone, and so even if the manager of that Kmart agreed with you and wanted to fire this person, (s)he probably couldn't (right away, at least...it takes time, and recording such incidents, and giving plenty of training and warning, etc. etc.). A case of a law supposed to protect the innocent gone bad!
Oh yes it is very hard to fire people. I STILL have nightmares about a girl that worked in our dept (that I supervised) that was trouble waiting to happen. I saved that company a fortune of misery and lawsuits getting that girl out of there, I just know it, but the kicker was when the HR manager let her go she told her that she really didn't want to let her go but that I was making her. WTH is that all about. Then I had to worry about this girl going all postal on me.

So have patience when you insist on having someone fired, you have no idea how many Ts have to be crossed and i's to be dotted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

This reminds me of a story a friend told me when we were in college. She worked for a large department store and told me a customer brought back underwear for an exchange. Seems they were well-worn... Can't believe some people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYstamperView Post
How true. I work in retail and I don't know if it is me getting older( been doing it for 23 years), or if things are changing, but we definately live in an instant self gratification society. It is all about "me" and what "I" want and I blame part of it on the companies themselves. Heaven forbid we tell a customer no! Even when they are clearly beyond regular policy, especially when it comes to returns. We have had managers that don't want any letters to go to the main office so they bend over backwards and give the customer what they want. Everyone wonders why prices are so high. Well not only fuel costs to get merchandise into the stores, but add in theft and the whiners who can abuse something and then demand their money back. Sorry for the yapping...it just bugs me sometimes. I wonder how these people sleep at night knowing that what they did is like stealing. It is one thing to have something that is defective and that deserves being taken care of, but working the system just isn't right. And then you toss in the ones like the op ran into that pull stunts like that and it just leaves you shaking your head.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wrote up a doctor twice, on different occasions, and my boss came to me and asked "if I had a problem with Dr. _____?" Unbelievable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I actually told a surgeon at the hospital I worked at that if he swore one more time I would hang up..I hate the language some people think it is okay to use. The Mfer word and f word...I ended up hanging up on him. He was much kinder when he called back.
Blessings.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #87  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

1�.... I have seen rudeness by Americans in public places steadily growing for at least two decades. I believe that the one great proponent of rudeness is television comedy. Over the years, actually funny situations or truly silly happenings have given way to rude remarks followed by a canned "laugh track." We now have a couple of generations of adults who have been raised believing that rudeness and sarcasm are fun.
I believe this with all my heart. I recently turned off cable TV. I noticed DD was picking up some of thr rude and sarcastic language and behavior she would see on shows on the Disney Channel (shows marketed towards children). Even though she is typically a polite and mannerly child she was being influenced. Once she was no longer watching some of these programs I noticed her attitude and language changing. Getting rid of cable has been a blessing.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
I believe this with all my heart. I recently turned off cable TV. I noticed DD was picking up some of thr rude and sarcastic language and behavior she would see on shows on the Disney Channel (shows marketed towards children). Even though she is typically a polite and mannerly child she was being influenced. Once she was no longer watching some of these programs I noticed her attitude and language changing. Getting rid of cable has been a blessing.
OH yes, the kids on Disney and Nick are just plain rude, and getting rid of both of those channels has cut the rudeness down considerably. They still pick up stuff from kids at that school though, unfortunately!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #89  
Inking Addict

Unfortunately, a friend of mine who is hard of hearing recently had to deal with a older gentleman like that. He was asked to move to the express line, but he wanted her to move out of his way, so he could be first in the regular line. He actually grabbed her from behind. She nearly attacked him. He called the police and the police protected HER. Whew!

My Other Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I would have told her to take a pill. Obviously she missed a dose somewhere along the way! What a fruit loop. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 AM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

try adding some alcohol into these morans and see what you get.......I am a bar owner and there are some things you would just not believe....not only what they say but what they do.............like falling asleep on the toilet with their pants down.....I could go on an on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes...I hate to say it but some people are such a waste.....Life is way too short to be miserable or make someone else miserable. The foul language is what really bothers me. There is absolutely no reason to curse...ever.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes