Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to organize handmade cards?

I found the almost perfect way (for me) to store handmade cards. I use a Jr. size binder with protectors. I only make cards so far in A2 size. But the binder I have is about 1" and is not holding too good since my "stash" is growing. I need a bigger binder, anybody knows of a place online where I can get a bigger binder? I have searched with no results:(

As I was searching for those binders I came across the Plastic Sleeve Organizer for handmade cards from Stampin Up. They might work too!
Any body has them? Any store sells something similar? I rather see them "personally" and try them before I buy tons of it. I have been "burned" tooooo many times with storage ideas that do not work for me.

I am still looking locally for a junior binder (for the page protectors I have already) but came across this and it looks like it could work too.

Basically, I like to keep my cards in protectors until I am ready to use them by avoiding the bending of the corners and embelishments to "come off".
Sorry to bug you with a question on my first post but my "searching skills" within SplitCoast are not good yet.
Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have 4 Snapware boxes from Target that are designed for organizing photos, but I use them for my cards. I put my cards in clear cello bags and then organize them by type (sympathy, birthday, thank you, etc.) The boxes come with hard plastic dividers with a tab at the top where I label each section.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I leave my cards in cello bags and then file them in an accordian folder that I labeled by type. I got my accordian folder through my Creative Memory rep. I like that it is plastic and will last a long time but it's also fairly small and flat so storage isn't an issue.

DT: Sketch Saturday, Bugaboo - My Blog /Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I keep my stock of cards in the cardboard photoboxes you can get at Mikes (and everywhere else). I got all the same color, printed nice labels for the front. I have a box just for birthdays, love, sympathy, inspiration, etc. Each card is sealed in a plastic card jacket that I bought from clear bags.

I have the cards that I have received and ones that I want to keep for personal samples in photo albums. I originally bought inserts that would hold standard cards but larger cards didn't fit. Now I use the photo pages that just peel back and I stick in the card. It fits different sizes, but the albums are really, really, (did I say really?) really heavy. I'll probably find another way to store them but that is project for another day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I tried the binder system but it didn't work for me. Turned out to be more hassle and money than it was worth.

Now I buy small bins at W*mart. They are about $2 each and perfectly fit a 4.25x5.5 card on it's side. I can fit a couple dozen in one bin. I have one bin for cards that I plan to keep (I like them too much to give away :-D ), one for cards that go to the troops (cardsforheroes.com), and one for cards to be sent out. I sort them by type (bday, thank you, etc) within each bin. This has really helped keep me more organized because I know what I am getting low on and what I need to concentrate on making.
Reply With Quote Likes