View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #912
stampin_in_atlas
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilwalters View Post
Wow!! What great info. After reading this I am going to do a show next month, but have a few questions....

Where do you get the jumbo paper clips - staples??
What size binder clips for the post it note holders?
Can you use a Sharpie to color on the tiles?

TIA
Okay, i can handle two of these...
I get my paperclips at walmart, in the office supply section near the regular size paperclips...my walmart has them on the shelf below the stuff hanging on the wall...you wouldn't believe how often i searched the wall thinking they didn't have them before i realized they were on the shelf! (Duh!) Target has colored ones, but they're more expensive. Cute, though.

I've used a sharpie to color on tiles...i use the very fine tip ones, and then i heat set everything with my heat gun...just be careful because the tile gets VERY hot (learned that the hard way.) So far they've held up pretty good, and i've been setting a drink here and there on one of them. I've also found that you can emboss on them and it sticks pretty good if you heat it up enough. I would do a few trials first to get it just right. Lowes has the tiles 37 cents a piece, so it's easy to scrap a few to get everything down.

Staples has some really cool binder clips right now...very fancy and fashion forward. I bought a bunch off the clearance rack and i'm going to play around with them hopefully this week...

HTH!! Good luck!

Yep, me and Nutswithtwins are BFF's. :)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!