Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking August miniVSBN -- Back To School

Hi Scrappers,
It's time for our monthly "miniVSBN" weekend. We always try to play at the end of the month so just in case you need some "extra" motiviation to get pages done for your August Scrappin' Goals....we have some for ya!

Everyone is Invited to Play!!

This weekend our miniVSBN Schedule will be:

Friday 08/29 --- 9:00pm - 12:00 midnight (Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday 08/30 --- 9:00am - 12:00 noon & 8:00pm - 11:00pm (EST)

We hope by varying the times, more SCRAPPERS will come and play!

Of COURSE, Our THEME for this MONTH just has to be BACK to SCHOOL!

AUGminiVSBNA --- Inspiration Found!
The first week of school is always the hardest week to get up and get going in the morning after a FUN summer of sleeping in. It seems that way with scrappin' sometimes too, takes a little extra motivation to get goin' but once started...WOW! Tonight we're going to get started with a SCRAPLIFT from some Inspiration sent to me by Goegirl (Thanks Kirstin!) Let's see what you can do with this FUN Scraplift!

Examples:
PARTY!

BACK TO SCHOOL (mzpenny)

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNA
You have until Saturday, September 6 to get your pages uploaded for this challenge

"Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" -- AUGminiVSBNb

Ever seen that picture or phrase? I'm not sure about that because I've had some other "life lessons" I think were important but I guess you could trace back to most things learned when you were just starting school. What I remember most about Kindergarten is learning my letters and to read...I love to read, btw. I thought it would be a FUN challenge to use letters creatively. So get out those letter stamps and create a background, find some paper with words or letters, plug in your cricuts and do some fancy letters for your title....let's see those letters! Did you really learn what you need to know in kindergarten?

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNb
You have until Saturday, September 6 to get your pages uploaded for this challenge

"Color Inside the Lines" -- AUGminiVSBNc
After Kindergarten we moved up to first and 2nd grade so it was time to learn to color. It seemed the teacher was always reminding us to "color inside the lines"...LOL! Well, now we're scrappers and staying in the lines isn't required anymore. Let's see what you can do with color whether it's "in between the lines" or you "go outside"....it's all good!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNc

RECESS! -- AUGminiVSBNd
Well, for sure I learned in Kindergarten that my FAVORITE time during the day was when it was time to play! Recess! How could we forget a good time on the swings or monkey bars or a fun game of Tag. Well, it's time to show off your pictures of PLAY time! We all have layouts (pages) we need to complete of family and friends at play. It's time to get those done! The challenge is to show off what Play Time looks like!!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNd

Middle School Moments -- AUGminiVSBNe
Middle School means you're not the youngest at the school anymore. You're figuring how it's supposed to work and havin' fun...you're almost ready to move to the "big time"...Junior High. This challenge is to celebrate the picture "in the middle". I've attached a sketch (52 Sketchs...52 Weeks Blog) you can use or let your creativity go....let's see the middle.

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNe

Teacher's Pet -- AUGminiVSBNf
Ever had a turn being Teacher's Pet? LOL! In our back to school miniVSBN we have to do a page or 2 for our favorite pets! So get out those picts of your kids with your animals, or at the zoo, aquarium, farm or where ever and show us those animal layouts.

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNf

Permission Slip for Field Trip! -- AUGminiVSBNg
Some of the most FUN times during school were the days we got to go on FIELD TRIPS! Highlighted by an opportunity for a rowdy bus trip on our way there and back! This challenge is for you to scrap your "field trips" ... let's see your pages of a day adventure out with family or friends!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNg

Number Please! -- AUGminiVSBNh
I have to admit, I was "combination challenged" in Junior High. I just couldn't seem to get the hang of using my combination to get my locker open. Now days, my kids have "student numbers" for their lunch purchases, locker combinations for both regular and gym lockers and I.d. numbers for using computers in the library...wow! I can't imagine. This challenge, is all about numbers....let's see 'em! You might add the date to your page, an age for a birthday, your sports jersey number or just some numbered background paper...let's see your numbers!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNh

First Crush-- AUGminiVSBNi
AAhhh, young love! What a fun time in school when we discover we have a crush on someone. The butterflies and nervous feelings we discover when we're around them. This challenge is for you to do a page about LOVE. Let's see the ones you LOVE. Bonus points for adding hearts or pictures of people hugging/kissing!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNi

Everyone Else Is Doin' It! -- AUGminiVSBNj
Remember those days of wanting to be just like everyone else? If your friends were doin' it, you wanted to do it too! I challenge you to check out the Sketch Challenge, Variety Challenge or Inspiration Challenge and complete one! Just think....you'll be fittin' in & you'll have 2 challenges completed!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNj
You have until Sunday, September 7 to get your pages uploaded for this challenge

Hit the Books! -- AUGminiVSBNk
Ugh...study, study, study. That's what it seems life is all about for a long time when you're younger. It starts in Junior High, then High School and then College. Always in class or doin' homework. When we think of school, we think of books. This challenge is about books. Let's scrap a layout that includes books. You may have to dig through your picts for this one but let's get them out and scrap them for our Back To School VSBN!!

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNk
You have until Sunday, September 7 to get your pages uploaded for this challenge

The Prom -- AUGminiVSBNL
What a FUN time of high school life! Getting all dressed up and goin' off to a dance with your friends. This challenge is to complete a page "all dressed up". It can be with pictures where someone is "dressed up" or you do some extra "dressing up" of the page...either way, let's see see the good stuff. I found this cute sketch at Pink Sketches blog that seemed like a fun way to dress up a page. Use this if you'd like.

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNL

Hope you all had FUN with our Back-To-School August miniVSBN Challenge!
We'll be taking a break from miniVSBN's during SEPT & OCT because the REAL VSBN Challenges will be rockin'!
Attached Thumbnails
August miniVSBN -- Back To School-june-2008-1035.jpg   August miniVSBN -- Back To School-vsbne.jpg   August miniVSBN -- Back To School-6a00e5508aafd4883300e554cdc20d8833-320wi.jpg  

Last edited by Lmn; 08-31-2008 at 11:13 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone hanging out here yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Just got here. How are ya!
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here - still have to unpack, but I'm here :mrgreen: You guys scrappin' yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
I'm tryin sort of.....:confused:
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

sort of?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

pooo pooooo. It's lightening.....now we only had a 40% chance of rain. That meant a 60% probability that it wouldn't. Now I'm having lightening....grrrr. I've got to shut this stuff off tonight. I'll check back later when it passes. w aaaaaaaaaaaa.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw, man, Misti! That's too sad :( I hope it passes quickly - and leaves behind a good bit of rain. Come back soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #9  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

I'm here! How was last night Kristin?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #10  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Just Rain

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenascodragonflyView Post
pooo pooooo. It's lightening.....now we only had a 40% chance of rain. That meant a 60% probability that it wouldn't. Now I'm having lightening....grrrr. I've got to shut this stuff off tonight. I'll check back later when it passes. w aaaaaaaaaaaa.
here...fortunately not too much, would have made watching football (for me) awful! :rolleyes: I'm DEFINITELY a "fair weather fan"!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I'm back :-) How are you doing?

Kirsten...how did your scrap event go last night? I'm working on a VSBN layout but hubby is in bed (where I scrap) so not sure how much I'll get done.

Lela...how was the game?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lela, I'm still unpacking - but I'm thinking while I do - almost ready to scrap!

Last night was GREAT! It was pretty noisy (the rooms were NOT separated due to a malfunction in the moving wall thingy) but it was way fun. I was nervous b/c I got a lot of cancellations, but those who did come were very enthusiastic and pretty new to scrapbooking. We talked a lot about organizing photos, and having a plan to store all your goodies even before you buy them. Sales were good, I have a couple of orders still to come in, but I think I'll get the hostess gift package I'm glad I got over my nerves and just did it! I have three more for my crop club - bringing the total to eight - so I'll finally have a monthly workshop - I'm stoked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

How was football, Lela? Was it a game already??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking It's time for B...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
"Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"

Ever seen that picture or phrase? I'm not sure about that because I've had some other "life lessons" I think were important but I guess you could trace back to most things learned when you were just starting school. What I remember most about Kindergarten is learning my letters and to read...I love to read, btw. I thought it would be a FUN challenge to use letters creatively. So get out those letter stamps and create a background, find some paper with words or letters, plug in your cricuts and do some fancy letters for your title....let's see those letters! Did you really learn what you need to know in kindergarten?

Code to UPLOAD is : AUGminiVSBNb
Moving on to the next challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Okay, I'm back :-) How are you doing?

Kirsten...how did your scrap event go last night? I'm working on a VSBN layout but hubby is in bed (where I scrap) so not sure how much I'll get done.

Lela...how was the game?
Kinda hard to scrap in the dark, hahahahaha! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Letters... hmmmm... good one! Might have to sleep on that one though. We'll see how far I get on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Fun!

Quote:

How was football, Lela? Was it a game already??
Fortunately the rain went around us so I didn't get wet! Home team was winning 12-7 when I left just after half time. Team really struggling tonight...the band was good, played a new song so that was fun. I know where DS stands in the band now so I was happier because I got some picts. He says they aren't supposed to smile, who came up with that dumb idea! Sure not a scrapbookin' Mom! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #18  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YEAH!!!

Quote:

Hi Lela, I'm still unpacking - but I'm thinking while I do - almost ready to scrap!

Last night was GREAT! It was pretty noisy (the rooms were NOT separated due to a malfunction in the moving wall thingy) but it was way fun. I was nervous b/c I got a lot of cancellations, but those who did come were very enthusiastic and pretty new to scrapbooking. We talked a lot about organizing photos, and having a plan to store all your goodies even before you buy them. Sales were good, I have a couple of orders still to come in, but I think I'll get the hostess gift package I'm glad I got over my nerves and just did it! I have three more for my crop club - bringing the total to eight - so I'll finally have a monthly workshop - I'm stoked!
Oh good! I was hoping it was going good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #19  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink No doubt!

Quote:

Letters... hmmmm... good one! Might have to sleep on that one though. We'll see how far I get on it.
Busy kids all day! I'm surprised you're still awake! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Kinda hard to scrap in the dark, hahahahaha! :rolleyes:
It's not all dark. I bought one of those true light lamps and have it next to my table...more noisy with the printer and cricut. He's already asleep...about 30 seconds after laying down. It won't bother him now but in about an hour or so :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Moving on to the next challenge!

Ummm...I have PMS brain...so I feel like I forgot everything I've learned...probably was smarter in Kindergarten!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #22  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Laugh!

Quote:

Ummm...I have PMS brain...so I feel like I forgot everything I've learned...probably was smarter in Kindergarten!
Me too I'm sure! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually have empirical evidence that I WAS smarter in Kindergarten!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #24  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Hmmm?

I think my DH is having a harder time with "empty house syndrome" than I am. He's been standing in my craft room doorway explaining all the "remodeling" changes he's making to our family room. :rolleyes: I guess I was saying "yes" and "unhunh" at the right moments...or...maybe he didn't care? He rarely talks that much! Laugh! I asked him if he was bored being at home by himself Friday nights, he said "no" but it wasn't very convincing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #25  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Inspiration Mag

Kirsten, I am having SO much FUN w/ the magazine you sent me! I'm scraplifting another page....:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I think my DH is having a harder time with "empty house syndrome" than I am. He's been standing in my craft room doorway explaining all the "remodeling" changes he's making to our family room. :rolleyes: I guess I was saying "yes" and "unhunh" at the right moments...or...maybe he didn't care? He rarely talks that much! Laugh! I asked him if he was bored being at home by himself Friday nights, he said "no" but it wasn't very convincing.
Aw, that's actually sweet...poor guy! Maybe he should take up scrapping too ;-) Or, if he gets all the remodeling done at your house...send him here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kirsten, I am having SO much FUN w/ the magazine you sent me! I'm scraplifting another page....:p
That's GREAT!~ I'm so glad:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Awesome challenges!! Shastess and I are still looking for some coaches (hostesses) for the VSBN Football Challenge. Anyone interested?? No coaching experience necessary...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Aw, that's actually sweet...poor guy! Maybe he should take up scrapping too ;-) Or, if he gets all the remodeling done at your house...send him here!
I got dh a PS3 for his 40th birthday - that's why I have so much time to scrap these days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by refinnej2View Post
Awesome challenges!! Shastess and I are still looking for some coaches (hostesses) for the VSBN Football Challenge. Anyone interested?? No coaching experience necessary...
Are you? I thought that was full! I have an under-developed idea. I'll pm you tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #31  
scrapperazzi

I'm back. Baby's awake. Can't scrap yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I got dh a PS3 for his 40th birthday - that's why I have so much time to scrap these days!

My dh will be 51 on Monday...the screen would be too small for him ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #33  
scrapperazzi

Jennifer, when do we find out about the coaching positions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by refinnej2View Post

E-mailed mine yesterday....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Are you? I thought that was full! I have an under-developed idea. I'll pm you tomorrow.
Awesome...we'll be looking for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

E-mailed mine yesterday....
Thanks...we saw yours in our mailbox...so exciting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Jodi...Bye Jodi (and all)...I hit a wall so now to sleep I go...

I'll come back to check on everything tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Have fun all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MewsinView Post
Jennifer, when do we find out about the coaching positions?
We're trying to finalize everything this weekend and announce before Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #39  
scrapperazzi

Bye MP!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My dh will be 51 on Monday...the screen would be too small for him ;-)
lol- it's on the tv which is about four feet across - it's so big you can read subtitles from the driveway!
Reply With Quote Likes