Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SU Catalog

O.k. This is only my opinion, but I have to say it, I am so frustrated.

I paid for my catty long ago. Still do not have it. O.k. I realize they didn't release until after convention. This makes me ill that they would have the convention 1 week before date of being able to order and still no cattys. If they are going to have convention and then release cattys, they should have it a little earlier so that people can get their books in.

I myself (which is my priviledge) will not download a catalog onto my computer when I have paid for mine.

I had to vent.

Everyone have a nice evening.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I agree. I'm a demo and don't have my catty either. Why couldn't they have mailed ours the day before convention???? Convention goers still would have been the first to see them (if that's what they deem is fair)...but we would have had ours before the first day to order. I have been trying all afternoon, and still haven't been able to download the new catalog...so I still haven't seen it!

kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I too am so disappointed not to have my catalog yet. It really isn't fair and not very well planned out by Stampin Up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Default Re;SU CATALOG

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
I agree. I'm a demo and don't have my catty either. Why couldn't they have mailed ours the day before convention???? Convention goers still would have been the first to see them (if that's what they deem is fair)...but we would have had ours before the first day to order. I have been trying all afternoon, and still haven't been able to download the new catalog...so I still haven't seen it!

kathy
I am not a demo and will agree with you on that too. I also believe whatever they give to the demos at convention, they should also give to demos who didn't go. And maybe they do. I just think things are a little screwed up. And yes I am upset over not having my cat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I've only been a demo for SU for about 6 months now, so this is actually my first new catalog "release".

And I too am a little frustrated that it has taken this long after convention is over and demos have not received their catalogs. They know when convention is, they know what demos will be there and what demos will not. They should have those catalogs packed and ready to be shipped out at least by the 2nd day of convention.

I also found out a couple of days ago that you receive your pre-ordered box of cattys before the comp catty. Now does that make since?

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing SU because I really like their products and I have had no other issues, but it just doesn't make since. But then again I am the newbie on the block. Maybe theres a reason why it's done this way. Maybe some history that I'm not familiar with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, I am a demo. I have been one for about two years. This was my first convention. I can completely understand why other demos don't get what convention go-ers do. That is: we pay a lot of money for convention. I probably won't go next year, and I know that I won't get the freebies.

Concerning the catalogs, I don't understand that. As a demo, I pre ordered a box of catalogs. If I had customers who had ordered them, I would have had plenty of time to get them to them by now.

I am assuming that the OP is not a demo. If so, I might wonder when your demo ordered a box of catalogs. Perhaps she was waiting to see how many she needed, and placed the order later than most. There is always a delay between orders and shipping. I think also that the further you are from Utah, the longer it takes to get products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Well, I am a demo. I have been one for about two years. This was my first convention. I can completely understand why other demos don't get what convention go-ers do. That is: we pay a lot of money for convention. I probably won't go next year, and I know that I won't get the freebies.

Concerning the catalogs, I don't understand that. As a demo, I pre ordered a box of catalogs. If I had customers who had ordered them, I would have had plenty of time to get them to them by now.

I am assuming that the OP is not a demo. If so, I might wonder when your demo ordered a box of catalogs. Perhaps she was waiting to see how many she needed, and placed the order later than most. There is always a delay between orders and shipping. I think also that the further you are from Utah, the longer it takes to get products.

As I said, I am not a demo. My demo pre ordered as soon as it was released to do so. So don't assume. I know you pay a lot of money to go to convention. So What? That's your priviledge. It still doesn't erase other facts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Hi grannypat,

Today is the official release date of the catalog to customers (and the first day to order from it). I'm sorry if your demo didn't explain that to you even though she took your order for a catalog before it was available. You may want to follow up with your demo and see if she has them available. Some demos, as you may have discovered, haven't yet got their catalog orders yet while others have had them for only a few days.

Last edited by MadameCraftyPants; 08-11-2008 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: corrected punctuation...d'oh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi,

I'm not a demo and a newbie to stamping and card making. I talked to my demo today and she didn't go to conference but I will get my catalog tomorrow (Tuesday) along with an order I placed several weeks ago.

I guess I don't understand why there is a delay for some and not others. By the way, I am in FL and about as far from Utah as you can be.

Cheers, Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

And I'm a lot closer, in Sacramento, CA...and a demo...but no catalog for me :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannypatView Post
O.k. This is only my opinion, but I have to say it, I am so frustrated.

I paid for my catty long ago. Still do not have it. O.k. I realize they didn't release until after convention. This makes me ill that they would have the convention 1 week before date of being able to order and still no cattys. If they are going to have convention and then release cattys, they should have it a little earlier so that people can get their books in.

I myself (which is my priviledge) will not download a catalog onto my computer when I have paid for mine.

I had to vent.

Everyone have a nice evening.
I think you should be irritated with your Demo, not SU!
Demos KNEW when they would be getting their catalog orders (as long as she did pre-order). SU stated catalogs would be shipped July 30-31st.
Your Demo should have given you the timeline when you prepaid long ago, so you would have an idea how long it would be before you got your catalog.

[quotegrannypat] As I said, I am not a demo. My demo pre ordered as soon as it was released to do so. So don't assume. I know you pay a lot of money to go to convention. So What? That's your priviledge. It still doesn't erase other facts.[quote]
This was just a nasty remark.
And the last sentence makes no sense.

I do hope you get your catalog from your Demo soon, and I hope you like it.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Wow, I got my catty from my demo last week. Sorry many of you haven't gotten yours yet. That said, she ALWAYS gets her boxes of catties before her comp copy. Just the opposite for me with TAC. They mail out our comp copies the first day of convention.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #13  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

As I said, I am not a demo. My demo pre ordered as soon as it was released to do so. So don't assume. I know you pay a lot of money to go to convention. So What? That's your priviledge. It still doesn't erase other facts.
I think that Lynne was actually trying to be helpful, and your comment didn't come off in a nice way-not sure if that's how you meant for it to sound or not~

Bummer you don't have catty yet, a lot of people are still with out them. You don't have to download it though, you can just view it online.
If you pre-ordered it through your demo- this is something she has know about since pre-orders went active.

This is how it always has been, and they make it very clear when they (the supplier, NOT SU!) *starts* shipping them-meaning- they don't guarantee them to make it by the 11th
The printer is the one who actually ships the preordered boxes.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadameCraftyPantsView Post
Hi grannypat,

Today is the official release date of the catalog to customers (and the first day to order from it). I'm sorry if your demo didn't explain that to you even though she took your order for a catalog before it was available. You may want to follow up with your demo and see if she has them available. Some demos, as you may have discovered, haven't yet got their catalog orders yet while others have had them for only a few days.
What she said

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I'm not bashing any of you. However, I do think SU is short on organization. They should have done a better job with getting the cat. out. It doesn't matter that they give the pre-orders or all of them or whatever to the printer. they should be in hands by first order day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Not nice at all. Sure sounded like bashing to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Default .

Whatever! I see you are a newbie. Have it your way. I don't care!:mrgreen:

Adios
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #18  
Sassy Shani

Yep, she is 4 WHOLE months newer than you! :rolleyes: Good grief, it is a catty for goodness sake. And BTW, your first post did not say that you were NOT a demo.
Quote:

Whatever! I see you are a newbie. Have it your way. I don't care!:mrgreen:

Adios
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm sad for those of you that don't yet have your catalogs. Just sayin', the bulk catalog orders are not shipped from SU. The are shipped directly from the printer. I'm not sure if they are shipped from SU after the preorder period but the early orders do not come from SU.

Perhaps SU should discuss this with the printer. I am a demo and while I haven't received my demo copy, I did arrange to split a box with a local demonstrator. Her's came last Thursday. We are in Maryland. It's is mysterious indeed the difference in delivery times. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I guess grannypat could use some anger managment if she's so upset over a catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

I am a demo and haven't received a catty yet so I went online to download it. Now I am sort of computer challenged but it didn't seem normal for it to take so long to download. And (please pardon my ignorance) I can't seem to find it in my computer. Where should I go now that it's downloaded? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobKat556View Post
I am a demo and haven't received a catty yet so I went online to download it. Now I am sort of computer challenged but it didn't seem normal for it to take so long to download. And (please pardon my ignorance) I can't seem to find it in my computer. Where should I go now that it's downloaded? Thanks for your help.
can't help you find it, but will tell you it is taking mine FOREVER to download as well -- so it isn't just your computer --- I think being the first day AND with so many still without catties their server can barely handle the traffic they are getting....

good luck (to both of us!!)

ETA -- hey -- my catalog window just closed on its own without finishing -- has this been happening to others? are we crashing the SU! server?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

I was glad to hear that everyone is having the same problem. Bummer. Mine closed as well during the first download and I started the download again. So while it was downloading, I was able to look at some of the pages, but now I can't bring it back up.

Guess I will wait for my hard copy. Chomping at the bit here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #24  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobKat556View Post

If you just downloaded to see it, it won't be in/on your computer unless you actually saved it from your download. Does that help any???

I sat patiently and waited for mine to download (didn't save it) and it was WELL worth the 2+ hours it took to download the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #25  
Mad Swapper

I can't even get on SU's website. My hour glass has been turning for a long time. I think everyone is trying to get on their site.

I just hope this whole catty delivery disagreement doesn't sit sour for long with demos and customers. I'm sure SU has had an earful and will do their best to come up with a solution the next go round.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

I couldn't easily find a way to view the new catalogue online; the link I usually go to to see the online version was not where I expected and I found the download link and am pretty shocked that it's taking me ~3 hours with DSL to download it.

I can totally see why you're so frustrated, grannypat! If I'd preordered and prepaid for the new catalogue back in July knowing my demo had preordered a case of catties, I would certainly expect SU to be on the ball enough to have made clear to their printer that all the preorder catties need to be sent out in time so that most if not all the demos have them by the official release date. It's not like the new catalogue was a surprise, last-minute thing they had to deal with, after all. I don't think they should use the printing company as an excuse. That's just my opinion, but it seems pretty reasonable to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

I have been trying all evening to see the catalogue on line - it just keeps freezing my computer and I have to do the ctl/alt/delete thing to get my desktop back...I'm a little disappointed (and I notice it says download now - does that mean we can't just view?):confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

I agree that it is frustrating not to have a catalog when it is released.

For those of you who sell for any other direct sales companies, how soon before release are your catalogs in your hands?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Please understand that in most cases the demos ordered in plenty of time to receive cattys for their customers. I pre-ordered 3 boxes of them on the first day we were allowed to, as did most demos. I still have not received those or my comp catty. I've even gotten notices that the orders were sent to the supplier. SU! is trying to find them, but I won't know anything till the morning. I feel bad for my customers who were looking forward to having these to drool over, but I did attempt to get them in a timely manner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been around the block a few times, and really, this is nothing new. Every year, people complain (myself included) that pre-ordered catalogs aren't delivered in a timely manner. If it wasn't convention holding things up, it was the July 4th holiday messing with things.

There must be some reason SU (or SU's selected printer) doesn't get the catalogs out more quickly, because it's been the same way for years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #31  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

I've been a demo for about 2-1/2 yrs now...I still have no comp cattie nor do I have the case I ordered....least I'm not alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymamaView Post
I've been around the block a few times, and really, this is nothing new. Every year, people complain (myself included) that pre-ordered catalogs aren't delivered in a timely manner. If it wasn't convention holding things up, it was the July 4th holiday messing with things.

There must be some reason SU (or SU's selected printer) doesn't get the catalogs out more quickly, because it's been the same way for years.
And that's exactly why so many people are soooooo frustrated. It happens year after year. Some things are out of SU's control (like how long it takes for UPS or USPS to deliver once they're shipped) but many things are totally in SU's control (like when they actually approve the printer to ship). Just because it happens year after year doesn't make it okay. I'm not saying that phunkymama is saying it's SU's fault or not their fault, just that her post was right on in the respect that this happens year after year. The fact that it happens year after year means someone who can do something about this isn't. And that someone is SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

I'm not a demo and I am extremely frustrated with SU. If you can place orders from the catalog on a specific date, then the demos should have the catalogs before that date. What if somebody wanted to have a party tonight and the demo didn't have a catalog to show the costumers?

My demo gave me my catalog at the end of last week and she wanted to place an order today. I was more than happy to have an order ready today so I can get my things soon. The problem? I saw a set that is sold both in Spanish and English and I would like to see the Spanish version before I decide which one to order. My demo ordered a Spanish catalog, but just as it happened with her demo copy of the catalog, it has not arrived. I went on the Spanish website to see the catalog, and guess what? They don't even bother to put a copy of it online. So why offer a product that I can't even see?

I used to sell Pampered Chef and we were able to order the catalogs and have them weeks ahead of time, so the day that the products were available for purchase we could do our job as demos and sell. From a business perspective, I don't think that people are asking too much of SU by wanting their catalogs by today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #34  
Kookie Creator

I used to be a demo, and they use to time the mailing of the catalogs so that they wouldn't be received prior to the first day of convention so that convention goers got theirs first. But they still used to arrive during convention. I would usually come home to my catalogs that I had pre-ordered. Seems they were mailed later this year. My demonstrator just received her shipment today. I hope she delivers mine soon. I got tired of waiting for the online catalog to download and gave up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Yikes! I wish I had read this thread sooner and known other people were having issues accessing the new catty. I just spent two and a half hours doing a virus scan, deleting cookies, deleting seldom used programs, etc., thinking there was a problem with my computer because I couldn't download the catalog.

I was able to get a partial view from trying to download previously. I have a list started to buy that I can't finish! Oh, well, at least my computer is all cleaned up now! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

For those of you that pre-ordered catalogs, I understand your frustration and think maybe a call to SU! is in order. But, the demos that are waiting for their comp copy, in SU!'s defense, they did say many times they can not guarantee you would receive it by today. Remember it goes bulk mail. And they did give us an out by letting us order a single catalog (yes, I know shipping would be a lot if that is the only thing you ordered). But, it's still a way to work around the issue. I'm not sure what else SU! can do about the comp copy. JMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #37  
Kookie Creator

I have to agree with all the ladies that are frustrated. It seems to me like whoever pays for expedited shipping gets everything first. The same goes for when you place an order. They have to focus on getting the expedited orders out first. Meanwhile the people that payed for regular shipping get put on the back burner. Expedited shipping during busy times like this should be non-existent. It only makes the person that payed for regular shipping have to wait even longer. I'm only expressing my opinion. But, it would really make it more fair for everybody involved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amethystheartView Post
I have to agree with all the ladies that are frustrated. It seems to me like whoever pays for expedited shipping gets everything first. The same goes for when you place an order. They have to focus on getting the expedited orders out first. Meanwhile the people that payed for regular shipping get put on the back burner. Expedited shipping during busy times like this should be non-existent. It only makes the person that payed for regular shipping have to wait even longer. I'm only expressing my opinion. But, it would really make it more fair for everybody involved.
There wasn't expedited shipping for pre-ordering the catalogs, though. And people who expedite their orders do pay a premium for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boysstampin'View Post
For those of you that pre-ordered catalogs, I understand your frustration and think maybe a call to SU! is in order. But, the demos that are waiting for their comp copy, in SU!'s defense, they did say many times they can not guarantee you would receive it by today. Remember it goes bulk mail. And they did give us an out by letting us order a single catalog (yes, I know shipping would be a lot if that is the only thing you ordered). But, it's still a way to work around the issue. I'm not sure what else SU! can do about the comp copy. JMO.
For those on the east coast, you also had to figure in the number of days showing for picking, then add in the shipping to the east coast if you were going to do regular shipping. Unless you were willing to pay for next day or 2 day shipping, it was going to be 3-4 days just to pick, then a whole week for shipping - which would mean that it still wouldn't have arrived by the "going live" date. I'm sorry, but any demo who doesn't have their primary sales tool in their hands by the first day of the sales period is being treated as less than a demo by SU. They go on and on about all demos being important, but not important enough to make sure the sales tool is in-hand at the start of the sales period (unless the demo is willing to pay the much increased price for the catalog and expediated shipping to get it). No demo should have to pay that kind of money to get the company they represent's primary sales tool in their hands on time. I'm sorry, but that's just very poor business on SU's part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #40  
Mad Swapper

This happens every year. I was a demo for 11 years. It hasn't changed. I really think they should mail them earlier so that demos have them several weeks before a new catalog comes out. It is unprofessional for a demo not to have a catalog that you can order out of already. It just doesn't look good. My two cents.
Reply With Quote Likes