Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
michaels coupon

am i the last to know that you can't tell the cashiers that you forgot your coupon? apparently since june 22nd they no longer have their clipboards to give you the discount..boy was i dumbfounded(lol). guess too many people took advantage of it. just thought i would give a heads up for those that may be out of the loop.

diana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've been to Michael's once or twice since June 22nd and haven't had a problem...maybe the Canadian Michael's are a little slower to respond to the new policy?

This is SO not fair as I live in a high rise apt. and though we do get a weekly newspaper delivered free there is almost never a Michael's coupon in it - this is doubly annoying as there are three Michael's within about 15 miles - UGH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

In my area you haven't been able to do that for at least a year, probably even longer. I do have to say that our Michael's is not a very friendly place. A new one just opened even closer to my home and I was very impressed when I went in. Later I discovered that their selection is not that great, but the store is beautiful.

I wish we would get an AC Moore closer to my house. They are cheaper than Michael's and the service is much better. I also think that they have more products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Ours stopped doing it about 2 months ago. What they have started doing is having the coupons at the door already cut out for you and ready to use. Now, the kicker is that my local store that is 3 minutes from my house has the coupons at the door, yet one that is in the next town over, maybe 10 minutes from my house...they don't do that.

Yes, I agree that Customer Service sucks. I went into Michaels over the weekend and I specificaly asked for someone when I walked in because I had talked to the girl prior to going to the store. So, I walk in, ask the cashier for the girl, and the cashier tells me, oh she just walked that way and will be back in a few minutes...so I walked around in the front area for a few minutes thinking she would be right back, finally I asked (with a smile) if she would mind paging her, and as she was turning around she sighed like I was bothering her because she was standing there holding the couter up and not doing anything.

My past few trips to them are starting to send me away....and the coupons keep bringing me back....errrrrr lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Default Michael's

Our Michael's NEVER offered if you didn't have the coupon in your pocession.

Ours is small, cluttered, stock not filled well AND quite unfriendly. (near Pgh, PA)

Trying to find the coupons is also another issue. Almost always, it is SUPPOSED to be in our paper, which it rarely is. (who knows why as I have tried buying my paper from several different sources) SOME lucky few will receive it in emails, but I have never. (Customer care told me they have tried this at times to see how it works) I am totally frustrated with Michaels. They seem oblivious to customer concerns and I don't appreciate having to try and play a game as to where the coupon will be found, if ever. It's kinda like hitting the lottery.:confused: When I finally make the trip, I rarely come out with what I made the trip for as its not stocked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

We have always had to have the coupon at my Michaels, you guys got a lucky break not having to have them, sorry that it has changed for you

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes