View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #77
Lynn in St. Louis
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Patience is not one of my strong suits either.

Dry time depends on your local weather...dry or humid, etc. Also a greater surface area will require more dry time than a small spot on a flower. You could place it by a fan, just as long as you don't let it go flying off (weight a non-stamped part down with something) otherwise you might be peeling if off one of your walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmylovesNormaJean View Post
Well all I know is it takes a lot longer than 2 HOURS to dry. I did mine, loved it, let it sit for 2 hours. It appeared dry, so I tried assembling my card and then when I was pressing down the adhesive on the sides of the card, the crystal effects/ink stuck to the inside of the card, some pulled off the acetate, and smudges were left on the card inside. So I re-did it, and now I'm not touching it again till tomorrow morning! I'll upload it then too. I love the way it looks though and the technique other than the 'waiting period' is easy and fun. I plan to do more of these cards in the future when I have more reinkers. I don't know how you ladies are getting your cards dry and posted so fast. Mine is kinda thick cause I wanted a nice, rich color. Maybe thats why. See you tomorrow.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!