Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sizzix vs. Zip 'eMate

I've read the posts regarding Sizzix, and am wondering if anyone out there has the Accucut Zip 'eMate. I was looking on e-bay at the Sizzix yesterday and the Zip e'Mate came up along with Sizzix listings. I really want a die-cut system for Christmas, but really want an objective comparison ... where else would I look for one but here?! I haven't seen the Zip e'Mate in any stores around here, so I don't have any way to "try before I buy." I'd love to hear your opinions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Just noticed the Zip'eMate in November's Paper Crafts mag ~ hadn't seen it before (reside in a retail deprived island in the Pacific); sorry, can't help, but it did look like a pretty cool little portable unit!
Lisa
SCS #13363
60----+----50----(+)----40----+----30----+----20----+----10----+----0
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 08:42 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlellish
Just noticed the Zip'eMate in November's Paper Crafts mag ~ hadn't seen it before (reside in a retail deprived island in the Pacific); sorry, can't help, but it did look like a pretty cool little portable unit!
Lisa

You, too??????

Hey, I'm on another island near you--Whidbey, WA state!

I sooooooo hear ya' about the deprivation. Totally sucks, despite the scenic beauty. . . :?

I just saw the ad in the mag for the new Accucut portable die cutting system--it operates on a rolling thingy! Looks pretty interesting . . . but, before I get too excited, I wanna know the SRP! Why is it they announce these things loooooong before a consumer can get one, and then don't clue you in on price either????? Drives me NUTS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

And I was wondering about the QuicKutz system, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:01 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I have also wondered

I have also wondered about the Quickutz. I love the diverse shapes that they have come up with. I have quite a collection of Sizzix items, though, so I am better off just telling Sizzix to get with it and come out with some of those cute gumball machines and such...hmm...

It is so hard to be content when all the companies are fighting for your money and coming out with neato things!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
-Les Brown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:06 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I can't give you a comparison, but I have to say I LOVE my Sizzix. I am one of those that buys this stuff and then wishes I hadn't, but that is definitely not the case with my Sizzix.
I use it so much that I just keep it on my desk with the diecuts right next to it.
I use it for tags, and to cut layers of squares and circles. I also keep my paper scrap box next to it, as it is wonderful to use up those scraps!! It is so easy to use, which is a must for me. I still have knock-down-drag-out fights with my Coluzzle!!
Anyway...my 2 cents...
Alicia

PS. It also makes a really nice frame for shaker cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:25 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I saw the zip emate demoed at the Denver Expo in August and it sold me. It is soooooooo Cool!!!! It uses all of the dies, wood, sixxix, quickcuts,and it will also let you use your brass stencils to emboss. Hubby said it was so cool that he is buying me one for Christmas. I am sooo excited about it. It is really a very versitial machine and you don't have to use a lot of pressure to push down on the handle since it works like the xyron 900 with the rolling handle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cootiebug - I love Colorado and miss it so much. Chicago doesn't come close. Anyhoo, did they mention the price of the zip emate at the expo?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:46 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

It is $150 I believe, but totally worth it in my opinion especially since I have the beginnings of early arthritis in my hands, it was easy to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you for the quick reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the quickutz system and love it. The die cuts are smaller, though, than Sizzix so tags are really small and not suitable to my liking. The beauty of it is my best friend has a Sizzix so I use her system to make tags and she uses mine when she needs something small! The best of both worlds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I am fortunate enough to have both the Sizzix and the QuicKutz. I love both. Sizzix is good for tags and when you need a large die cut. The QuicKutz is great for alphabets. QuicKutz has lowered their prices and my lss offers specials throughout the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I too have QuicKutz AND Sizzix. They are both great and it depends on your own needs. The Sizzix dies are much larger and require soooo much more room for storage while QuicKutz is definitely more portable. I love the many QuicKutz alpha's and I have a large number of friends that also own the system (which gives me even more options ). My Sizzix (because of size) stays at home. Woo-Hoo, I readily admit that I am a GREEDY GIRL and MUST have it all!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

What about the QuicKutz for arthritis or carpal tunnel. Would Sizzix be better? I've seen the handle adapter for QuicKutz. Is it that much easier to use with the handle?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 11:29 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Default i have sizzix

I have the sizzix machine and i love it. haven't heard of the zip e'mate...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 11:36 AM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

I have a Sizzix, Quickutz, Zip 'eMate and a Wizard.
My mom just gave me the Zip ' eMate and I haven't played with it yet. So no reviews here.

Right now I've been playing a lot with the Wizard. The Wizard is a machine that with the right addaptors you can use Sizzix dies, Quickutz dies, Zip' eMate dies, brass stenciles and a lot more. I've been playing a lot with brass stenciles. Dry Embossing has never been easier!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Sizzix Site

I noticed that the Sizzix machines are on major sale at the craft stores and I heard that they are coming out with a new machine so I went and checked out the Sizzix site today...

They had this thing on there about how other machines are coming out that say that they can cut with Sizzix dies but that they damage the dies and reduce their life spans...maybe it is the wizard that they are talking about?

No opinion being expressed here. Just what I saw. So I am not being greedy if I decide I want Quickutz??? :lol:

-Les Brown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

I have checked the Accucut website for more info ... looks like the price on the Zip 'eMate is $129.99 from them. They come in 4 colors and seem to be very versatile as far as what formats of dies you can use. Here is the link: http://www.accucut.com/ZipeMate__Acc...2-p1,332.html? (Also on pg. 33 of Nov. Papercrafts) I wish I could try one out! I know that I've used the BIG Accucut machines as a teacher and at my old LSS in TN, but wonder how a more portable version would do. I love the idea that you can use all of the different brands of dies with it (converters required for some). Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet!! They also have a product coming late fall (also shown in Papercrafts Nov. issue pg. 47) called the ZAZ ... $59.99 list price on their site. Looks to be able to use wafer-thin dies and be very portable. What's a girl to do?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 12:58 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I am a Quickutz gal. And I felt like I spent soooo much money buying that. Love the way it relieves my guilt when I hear about people with more than one die cutting system. But then again, that gives me ideas... But I really love it. Chose it over Sizzix because the dies are much more compact and take up lots less space. But if you have arthritis I think Sizzix would probably be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 01:10 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree, I think Quickutz would be terrible for an arthritic person. However, I have one (but have no arthritis) and love mine. My local scrapbook store discontinued carrying the Quickutz because a better product was coming out. They declined to give the name at the time but I bet it's the Zip E Mate! I love the Quickutz for its portability and when I need a larger die, I just go to the local scrapbook store where they have a HUGE selection I can use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Quickutz

I was on www.scrapbookexpress.com this morning. This Christmas, they are releasing a special edition red QuicKutz system complete with upper and lower Eliza alphabets, numbers and punctuation for $180. This is a bargain! I have QuicKutz and Sizzix and I love my QuicKutz! It is portable and lightweight. I primarily use the dies to punch alphas and small embellishments for my scrapbook pages. The Sizzix alphas are a tad too big for my taste (anyone want to buy Shadowbox alpha and numbers?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

I went to a scrapbook expo this weekend and was checking out the new Sizzlex portable machine.. The demonstratror told me you could use quickcutz dies in the sizzlex machine. To use it with the sizzlex you need to use three of those white cutting boards.. I headed right down to the quickcutz both and bought some of there dies.. Sure enought they worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 02:21 PM   #23  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Sizzlex or Regular Sizzix???

Did you mean the normal sizzix machine? or something that is new coming out on the market? If my sizzix machine will work with Quickutz I will be buying soon!

-Les Brown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

I have the Quickutz and have carpal tunnel and I have a hard time using it. My hubby bought it for me for Christmas last year and I don't have the heart to tell him how hard it is to use. The LSS would not take it back so basically I have a lot of investment for not much return. Cute little alphabet though! I have Frankie and a few shapes. It also stores in a very limited space. I am excited about the zippy mate. Hope it will help me put my die cuts to more use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:34 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Default Re: Sizzlex or Regular Sizzix???

Quote:

Originally Posted by tn_tiglon
Did you mean the normal sizzix machine? or something that is new coming out on the market? If my sizzix machine will work with Quickutz I will be buying soon!
yes the old sizzlix with 3 white cutting pads.. I think the new machine can use them also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

According to the Sizzix website and the emails I get from them - their new machine is only for Sizzlets and embossing - not the full bore die cuts. Since I have the regular Sizzix, that's enough for me. I have no intention of taking it on the road, despite the fact I travel places to stamp. Several of us trade cuts so saves us money - I just cut out and embossed pumpkins and got ghosts in return.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 03:45 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlellish
Lisa

You, too??????

Hey, I'm on another island near you--Whidbey, WA state!

I sooooooo hear ya' about the deprivation. Totally sucks, despite the scenic beauty. . . :?

I just saw the ad in the mag for the new Accucut portable die cutting system--it operates on a rolling thingy! Looks pretty interesting . . . but, before I get too excited, I wanna know the SRP! Why is it they announce these things loooooong before a consumer can get one, and then don't clue you in on price either????? Drives me NUTS!
Okay ~ I think I might have done this quote thingy wrong....regardless JulieHRR you're not that far away!
Now all I need to do is get QCBetty down here and we could meet in say Nanaimo for a stampfest with a few other stampaholics I know on Vancouver Island!
Ahhh ~ the life on an island in the Pacific hey!
Scenic ~ putting it mildly!
SCS #13363
60----+----50----(+)----40----+----30----+----20----+----10----+----0
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:05 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Default New Sizzix releases...

I'm waiting on the new machine to come out...and also waiting on those new die cuts that are supposed to be released fall 04 is what it says..but haven't heard. I check their website pretty frequently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

I have the zipemate and I love the fact that you can use anyones dies with it. I have accucut dies, sizzix, sizzlits, quick kutz- they all work. I purposly bough a bunch of different dies on the day I bought the machine just to make sure what they claim is true- and it is. I don't use it as much as I thought I would have but it's nice to have.
Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanhal
According to the Sizzix website and the emails I get from them - their new machine is only for Sizzlets and embossing - not the full bore die cuts. Since I have the regular Sizzix, that's enough for me. I have no intention of taking it on the road, despite the fact I travel places to stamp. Several of us trade cuts so saves us money - I just cut out and embossed pumpkins and got ghosts in return.

At the expo this weekend I got to see them use the new machine.. It was pretty neat but like you said it will not do the big ones.. I have a ton of those and very little sizzlets. But they did use a quiklets die in it. The had an extra pad of something since they are smaller than the sizzlets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sizzix and Quickutz

I have the sizzix and quickutz. I agree, I like both however I have resolved to only purchase the larger sizzix pieces because of storage. I like the ease of storeing the smaller quickutz so if I can find the smaller shape I like I would rather store the quickutz.

The quickutz is rough on the hands and joints. I have not tried the new handle.

I experienced problems cutting with the quickutz when I applied the shape and clear sticker to the flat side of the quickutz. So I do not use the clear sticker anymore to facilitate cutting.

Sizzix has some great new tag shapes however they are difficult to find. A friend of mine told me there is anew system that cuts using the sizzix and quickutz die cutters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 05:47 PM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Default okay. now i want zip emate.....

do they sell them in stores because I don't think that I have ever seen one before?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

janicemarz
I got mine at a local scrapbook store. You can check out their website at www.cutathome.com

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 05:44 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Default thanks..

Thank you!!! I am probably going to get one today!!! i'm so bad...gotta have it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonastamper
I don't own one of these, but was perusing the website...is the price correct for the alpha dies...between 4 & 6 HUNDRED dollars???
I sure hope I was looking at the wrong things....LOL

Marjori Miller

Come stamp with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 AM   #36  
Embossing Fanatic

That's gotta be for the regular accucut dies. The zip' eMate are around $59 for a regular set, and $149 for a set with shaddows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampAddict
Quote:

Originally Posted by zonastamper
I don't own one of these, but was perusing the website...is the price correct for the alpha dies...between 4 & 6 HUNDRED dollars???
I sure hope I was looking at the wrong things....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes