Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed
Default Organizational Challenge - Week 4

Hello all! Well, now that SCS is nice and super organized - dont you just love all the new features? - time to carry on with the weekly organizarional challenges.

With SCS being down over the weekend, some may not of seen last weeks challenge. It was to work on creating a 'stamp index' binder so you could decide what set to use without having to look through all the sets - weather they were in iris carts, on bookshelves, or stacked on the floor! We were also to try to organize our stamps.

That is a big challenge - so it will probably take a while, plus it will always be a work in progress as we get new stamps!!!

Just work at it bit by bit so you dont get overwhelmed.

There was also a bonus challenge with prizes for the first 5 people who did it!

This weeks challenge is to work on organizing all those eyelets, butons and brads. Use whatever works best for you - divided tackle box, floss box for embroidery, the SU stackables, the Tic Tack containers - what ever works best for you.

Share your ideas here, post pics of what you found that works well for you to help inspire others.

I use the tic tac containers for most things, a divided floss container for my charms, and a nuts&bolts thing from the hardware section of WMart for anything larger that does not fit into the others.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizational Challenge - Week 4-resize_of_100_2257.jpg   Organizational Challenge - Week 4-resize_of_resize_of_100_2256.jpg   Organizational Challenge - Week 4-charms2531.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

hey I'm done! do I get a prize?? lol
I've been keeping my eyelets, brads, buttons, beads in stampin' stacks since they camd out. Love 'em! and my other embellishments are in a small drawer so I always know where to look for the little things I love.

this is a really good idea for anyone who hasn't organized these things though. it's made a huge difference in my stampin' space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Here are the links to the past 3 challenges

Week 3 - BONUS CHALLENGE WITH PRIZE!

Week 2

Week 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 06:28 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

I also use the stampin stacks! They are wonderful. I have several and once I rearrange the furniture in my room I am going to mount them on the wall or on the cabinet door or somthing. I even buy empty ones for the stuff that I buy elsewhere. I also have some divided cases for some bigger things that do not fit in stampin stacks, like magnets, velcro strips etc. They were in the office supply at wally world. They are in an iris drawer.

Good news! I logged almost half of my sets over the weekend. I went away to a scraping/stamping weekend with the girls and took a crate of sets and just logged away!

I do have a question... For alpha sets are you gals stamping all of the letters to log or just a few to get an idea of the font? Those are several of the ones I have left.

Charmed, thanks for keeping us on track. It has been three weeks and I can still tell what color my desk is! LOL! I hope to post pics of my three things tonight!

Lori

Last edited by Lori Ross; 04-19-2005 at 08:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 05:19 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I am hoping these are approved. My Essential box was declined once. It could be because I said I got it at Wally World? Don't know. But here are the links.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

The photos of the basket and book were rejected-trying again.

I was going to use a smaller basket for put away, but decided not to because some things are bulky like crimper.

Charmed, do I need to post these in both week 3 and 4 or just here?

Lori

Last edited by Lori Ross; 04-19-2005 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 11:23 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Lori - posting here is fine, I can keep track of both threads with ease. If you dont have any luck posting in the forum under 'workspaces' then you can post the pictures in this thread. BTW - your essential tool box looks wonderful!! And as for your alphabet stamps, I would probably just stamp a few letters, both upper and lower and the numbers. So: a b c A B C 1 2 3 It should be enough to give you a reminder as to what the rest of the set looks like. You could even spell a word if you wanted!

How is everyone else doing???

I keep adding goodies to the prize envelopes. See thread #3 for more details!

Lets see your ideas posted on how you area organizing your space.

Last edited by Charmed; 04-19-2005 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2005, 07:54 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Karin,

I was rejected again to post the pics of basket and book in the gallery. I can't do thumbnails, because I do not have software to change size of pics and it denys them too. I even have a pic of my clean desk.

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

That's OK Lori - dont stress too much. It is wierd that they are not getting approved for the gallery - are you putting them in the right area? There is a section just for craft spaces. Or, you could PM Britta and she might be able to tell you why.

Anyways, I am happy to trust that you have done the challenges, so PM me your address, and I will send you a goodie envelope.

Karin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Default I did this!!

This was the one place I was organized! (I emphasize ONE) I work at a school and one of the teachers was getting rid of some small, clear plastic containers with lids.(the size of a small prescription bottle) I put my brads, confetti,novelty buttons etc. in these and store them upside down in my drawer so I can see what's inside. The regular round buttons are in the floss orgaizer. My flat items like feathers and small cutouts are in small SU flat plastic bags in a drawer.

I'm beginning work on challenge #3! (Enlisted the help of my dks)Still don't know what to do with the little things that my Demo gives us- little boxes, tags, etc. that I want to save for ideas...I'll keep following the weeks and see what comes up!
Thanks!
Martha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I have taken my tag sheets and punched out the tags and then put them in an empy plastic stamp box. Since I'm a demo I end up with empty ones from my incentive sets. I use them for small paper scraps too. Works great!

As for my eyelets...I love the stampin' stacks. I will mount these in my new room at some point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

P.S.

The plastic "stamp boxes" are available in the new catalog for anyone to order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 04:46 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I thought that I had this challenge done when I read it. I was going through my supplies while working on week 5 but found that some items for this challenge in the wrong place or loose. I just finished last night and am still working on next weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I use the Stampin' Stacks for SU eyelets and buttons. My non-SU stuff is stored in a CTMH accessory organizer. These are amazing. 60 containers fit in one case for easy carry of all little accesories. Fancy brads, jewels, buttons, clips etc. I also purchased various sizes of Watchmaker cases. These are perfect for things little too!My Embellishment Organizeres

Last edited by StampinT; 08-29-2005 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Location: In my new "Ink Spot" which happens to be in Olathe KS!
Default Organize eyelets...

I use baby food jars.
I have a ton of eyelets & brads. I seperate all the colors & labeled each jar with the colors that are in the jar. Once we get the basement finished & my room is done I plan to have the jars on a shelf so that I can just grab a jar & go... now I have them in a drawer & have to search thru all of them to find the right colors!

I am off to start my stamp binder!!

my other hobby www.puhakphotography.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferpfromkc
I use baby food jars.
I have a ton of eyelets & brads. I seperate all the colors & labeled each jar with the colors that are in the jar. Once we get the basement finished & my room is done I plan to have the jars on a shelf so that I can just grab a jar & go... now I have them in a drawer & have to search thru all of them to find the right colors!

I am off to start my stamp binder!!
You know, you could paint the lids of the baby food jars to match the colors of embellishments kept in them. Blue lids for blue buttons, blue brads, blue eyelets...you wouldn't have to search through quite so many. And I seem to recall that at baby superstores, you can get little lazy Susan stands to store baby food jars on; you could store them on one of those and just spin them around!

Ink-Pattie
Reply With Quote Likes